With most people using spring compressors for fixing problems that relate to car suspension, the fact remains that some don’t know how risky this activity is. Considering that most springs are held in place under high pressure, trying to remove one without a spring compressor is dangerous. However, not all spring compressors will assure you of safety; some easily fail to expose you to risks of getting injured. For this reason, you have to go for the best spring compressors that assure your safety. However, large numbers of manufacturers on the market, it becomes a daunting activity to select the best spring compressor. Fortunately, you are reading the right article. We will look at things you need to consider when making a spring compressor purchase and later on review the best on the market.
The Best Spring Compressors In 2021
#10 Advanced Tool Design Model ATD-3054
- By: Advanced Tool Design
- Dimensions: 8 x 2.7 x 13.2 in.
- Weight: 7 lbs.
Though a simple tool, it is very sturdy to serve you for several years. Besides, the tool is also affordable. With excellent quality, this tool is versatile enough to be used for compressing most sizes of Macpherson strut springs. Weighing around 7 lbs allows you to carry the tool without becoming tired easily. Lastly, it has a full spring contact, and a sturdy ACME threaded rod.Reasons To Buy This:
- It Weighs 7 lbs.: This makes it one of the sturdy lightweight spring compressors. Lightweight is always an added advantage as it allows you to easily carry without getting tired.
- A High-quality Spring Compressor: This is one of the spring compressors that you can fully trust to offer great service.
- It Is Versatile: It allows you to compress springs of different sizes
#9 OTC 6494 Clamshell Strut Spring Compressor
- By: OTC
- Dimensions: 10.7 x 5.7 x 16.8 in.
- Weight: 18.3 lbs.
OTC is a company in the USA that is known for providing quality products to the users. This time, the organization offers this excellent spring compressor. What makes it outstanding from the rest is the ability to line on each side of the strut correctly.
Having made to be used with an impact wrench, this tool makes removing and installing springs quicker and faster. Also, it is designed for effectively compressing springs with an outer diameter of 4 to 9 inches.Reasons To Buy This:
- Lightweight: Though heavy-duty tool, it only weighs 19 lbs to allow for portability.
- Has Locking Pins: These pins help to hold the jaw in place firmly.
- Is Made To Last: When taken good care of, this amazing tool is made to provide you with quality services for years.
#8 OEMTOOLS 27035 Coil Spring Compressor
- By: Great Neck Saw
- Dimensions: 13.4 x 8 x 2.6 in.
- Weight: 5.1 lbs.
This spring compressor offers excellent safety in compressing the coil spring. With the ability to be used for most vehicles, this sturdy tool comes in a sturdy construction that means years of service.
When not in use, you can safely keep the tool in the sturdy blow-mold case. To prolong the life of this tool, it is recommendable always to lubricate the threads before use. Last but not least, it is used to remove flange-type axles on many vehicles.Reasons To Buy This:
- Versatility: It can be used on most vehicles and light trucks.
- Sturdy Metal Construction: The sturdy steel material allows you to safely install coil springs.
- It Is Made To Last: Lubricating the metallic threads is the best way to allow you to benefit for years from this tool.
#7 XtremepowerUS Auto 10″ Coil Spring Compressor
- By: XtremepowerUS
- Dimensions: 14.8 x 8.2 x 3 in.
- Weight: 1 lb.
Tired of renting a compressor set? Well, it’s time you get your set! Also, this is among the cheap spring compressors on the market. Though they are cheap, they provide great service for cars and small-sized pickup truck owners.
Having made of heat-treated steel, the compressor jaws are chrome plated to ensure maximum durability and resistance to rusting and corrosion.Reasons To Buy This:
- Made With Heavy Duty Metal: The heat-treated steel material makes it sturdy and highly durable.
- It Is Chrome Plated: This provides resistance to rust and corrosion allowing you to enjoy many years of its great service.
- Easy To Use: It will only take you few minutes to perform your repairs.
#6 Hiltex 50604 10″ Coil Spring Compressors
- By: Hiltex
- Dimensions: 3.8 x 2.8 x 10 in.
- Weight: 4 lbs.
This outstanding spring compressor allows for quick and easy removal or installation of springs when installing struts. Furthermore, the bolts are made of hardened and precision-machined steel.
Moreover, the nuts are coated with a black oxide finish that prevents rusting and corrosion. For maximum strength and durability, the compressor jaws are made with drop forged, and heat-treated steel that has chrome plating. Last but not least, they are highly compatible with different strut sizes.Reasons To Buy This:
- Has A Sturdy Construction: This makes it comfortably maintain and preserve spring curvature during compression
- They Are Highly Compatible: This spring compressor can be used for struts of any size.
- It Is Highly Durable: Having made of sturdy material and plated; this product is made to last for years.
#5 AMPRO T70570 Coil Spring Compressor
- By: AmPro
- Dimensions: 11 x 4 x 3 in.
- Weight: 3.7 lbs.
This is another great spring compressor in the market. Having made of sturdy steel, this spring compressor is ideal for passenger cars and the light-duty trucks. Moreover, the hardened center bolts are coated to prevent rusting and corrosion.
Moreover, the affordable nature of this tool allows you to enjoy the great service without having to incur any costs. It is also easy and quick to set up hence saving you some time.Reasons To Buy This:
- Affordable: Though it is cheap, this does not compromise on quality; it offers a great service.
- Highly Durable: The sturdy steel construction allows you to enjoy years of a great experience.
- Safe: The sturdiness of the material assures you that the tool cannot easily break. Breakage exposes the user to the risks of getting injuries.
#4 Branick 7600 Strut Spring Compressor
- By: Branick
- Dimensions: 43.3 x 19.5 x 18.2 in
- Weight: 98 lbs.
The incomparable features of this spring compressor make it one of the expensive models out there. Basing on the features it comes with, this tool offers much safety to the user. Moreover, having made of 100% steel, you can be assured that this great product can serve you for decades!
Besides, the heavy-duty construction makes it highly versatile to be used for any vehicle. Unlike some spring compressors, you don’t need adaptors. Lastly, the heavy-duty acme thread guarantees you safety as you replace your shock absorber unit or the springs.
- See More: Best Aluminum Floor Jacks For Your Car
Reasons To Buy This:
- Multi-Position Hooks: These hooks help to firmly compress the spring preventing spillage that may result in injuries.
- Features All-Steel Construction: This provides the sturdy nature of the spring compressor.
- It Is Highly Versatile: You can use it for compressing different sizes of springs.
#3 Performance Tool W89311 Coil Spring Compressor
- By: Performance Tool
- Dimensions: 1 x 10.5 x 4.5 in.
- Weight: 3.8 lbs.
This high-quality spring compressor can be used in most automotive and light truck applications. Though it is easy to use, it comes with bilingual instructions. Featuring sturdy steel construction, Performance Tool W89311 Coil Spring Compressor guarantees the users years of outstanding service. In case you need to replace some parts, replacement parts are available.Reasons To Buy This:
- Easy To Operate: It only takes you a few minutes to set up this tool.
- It Is Affordable: This makes it ideal for anyone operating under low budgets.
- Great Safety: The steady construction ensures that the tool can’t break when in use.
#2 OEMTOOLS 25550 MacPherson Strut Spring Compressor
- By: Oemtools
- Dimensions: 15.8 x 8.2 x 2.3 in
- Weight: 7.2 lbs.
This is a perfect tool for any garage. With the wide range of compatibility, this outstanding Spring Compressor allows you to compress most sizes of strut springs. Besides, it not only compresses the spring fast but also when ensuring maximum safety for the user.
Therefore, you can save the amount of time you take to repair a car suspension problem. It also features safety latches that help to lock the hook to spring.Reasons To Buy This:
- Highly Durable: This spring compressor is made with durability in mind.
- Safe To Use: This is one of the safest spring compressors out there.
- Highly Versatile: You can compress springs of different sizes.
#1 ABN MacPherson Strut Spring Compressor
- By: ABN
- Dimensions: 1.2 x 1.2 x 0.3 in.
- Weight: 8 lbs.
This is the most preferred spring compressors. What attracts the users is the great performance that makes it among the high-rated spring compressor on the market.
Having made with heavy-duty metallic material, this great tool has detent pins that go over the coil to ensure users safety by preventing spillage. This makes it the perfect tool for anyone who wants to replace the shock absorber unit or spring.Reasons To Buy This:
- Has Heavy Duty Construction: This makes the spring compressor highly durable.
- Easy Set-Up: Not only is it easy to set up but also quick
- Safe: This makes it great for repairs on strut tubes, bent struts, and damaged pieces.
How To Choose A Spring Compressor?
Considering that springs come in different sizes, not all spring compressors will guarantee to compress these multiple sizes. You should go for the one that can be used to compress as many spring sizes as possible.
Considering the heavy tasks they are used for, these tools need to be very strong. Therefore, you should go for those made of the strong heat-treated steel.
Just like other tools, some parts of the spring compressors will need to be replaced with time. With some having the replacement parts available on the market, for others, it becomes a mission impossible to get the spare parts.
With some costing over $700, others can be bought for as low as under $50. Go for the one that best suits you depending on the time you intend the tool to serve and the size of your budget.
This is another important consideration. As already said earlier, handling springs may turn to be hazardous, especially if you don’t have the right tool. Go for the one that guarantees safety to the users.
Having reviewed the best spring compressors on the market, we can see that they are made of sturdy steel materials. Therefore, they offer great safety as they can’t easily break when in use. To determine the best product, you have to turn to issues like cost, coating and durability, and ease of use.