Finding the best wood chippers is not a “walk in the park.” In fact, I never realized that there were so many products on the market and most shared many similarities. They were well-designed to tolerate regular use, came with a powerful motor for improved productivity and were very easy and user-friendly. I also observed that they were very versatile and most doubled as leaf shredders.
While it may appear basic, a wood chipper will significantly reduce the volume of wood chips or leaves to more manageable quantities. Some types will reduce 10 bags to about 7 within minutes while requiring minimal effort. This is more reason you should invest in the best wood chippers that the market has to offer. Following my research, I did manage to pick out the top-rated wood chippers. Want to know them? Why don’t you continue reading this review?
List Of Top Best Wood Chippers In 2020
#7. Earthquake 1692327 Chipper-Shredder Tow Bar Kit
Truth be told- this is undoubtedly one of the simple and easiest wood chippers in the market. It takes less than a minute to mount it on a lawn tractor. Operating it is also straightforward thanks to the simple ON/Off button and basic design. While it may look smaller than other options out there, this unit is quite impressive. It will effortlessly reduce wood, twigs, shredders to a smaller size without producing too much noise. Moving the chipper is also effortless thanks to the fairly-large plastic wheels.Reasons To Buy This:
- Towbar kit for easy attachment
- Designed for use with a lawn tractor
- Simple design for easy assembly
- Plastic wheels for long life and easy movement
- Never-flat wheels to prevent punctures
#6. Southland SCS2052 Chipper /Shredder
By: Southland Outdoor Power Equipment
The first thing that drew my attention to this wood chipper was the oversized funnel that made inserting the wood, twigs and leaves comfortable and convenient. It is also easy to maneuver courtesy of the large pneumatic wheels that move swiftly even on rough surfaces. I love the powerful motor that doesn’t struggle even when handling large volumes of debris. This is partly because of the sturdy steel blades that chop pretty fast and don’t quickly lose their sharp edge.Reasons To Buy This:
- 205cc Briggs and Stratton Engine for good power delivery
- 2-Steel Blades with a Reduction Ratio of 10:1
- 2.5-Inch Chipping Capacity for speedy operation
- Oversized Funnel for improved production
- 10-Inch Pneumatic tires for easy movement
#5. Patriot Products CSV-2515 Electric Wood Chipper, 14-Amp
My neighbor has owned the CSV-2515 from Patriot Portrait, and I agree that its one of the best wood chippers around. It’s very quiet, and you can hardly hear it unless you listen keenly or see him using it. I love the large hopper that is found in the top area because of its simplicity and large dimension. This makes introducing branches, twigs and leaves easy and convenient. The unit also features large wheels that move seamlessly on different surfaces while the powerful motor produces tiny chips and discharges them to a standard collection bag.Reasons To Buy This:
- Large hopper for holding large volumes
- Powerful motor and steel blades shred branches and twigs into coin-sized chips of 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Simple flip switch for easy starting and stopping
- Weight of 95 lbs for easy movement
- Large wheels for improved transportation
#4. Earthquake 9060300 Chipper Shredder, – 205cc
I have helped my brother chip wood, shred leaves, and prepare mulch with the 9060300 chipper shredders from Earthquake. And it is definitely among the best wood chippers on this review and market as well. It boasts of a very powerful engine that can handle even the toughest branches or twigs. Inserting them into the machine is easy and convenient thanks to the large metal cone and decent height. It features heavy-duty hammers and knives that shred into tiny pieces that can be used as much.Reasons To Buy This:
- 20:1 reduction ratio for improved efficient
- Patented dual hammer design for maximum power and impact
- Triangulating force for enhancing chipping and shredding power
- Metal cone for improved handling and durability
- Powerful Briggs and Stratton Engine for improved performance
#3. Patriot Products CSV-3100B Wood Chipper/Leaf Shredder, 10-Hp
With this chipper shredder from Patriot, you no longer will worry about a lot of branches twigs, or leaves in your yard. All you need us inserting them into this machine and letting it do what it does best. I’m impressed y opts solid construction that makes it super easy to use and also very sturdy. It boasts of a powerful motor that breezes through the shredding and is relatively silent. For smooth movement and maneuverability, the gas-powered shredder comes with large wheels.Reasons To Buy This:
- 10HP Briggs & Stratton engine for high power and performance
- Sturdy steel blades for chipping branches to a small diameter of up to 3 inches
- Patriot’s swinging y-hammer system for improved shredding and chipping
- Well-designed side discharge for improved operation
#2. Eco-Shredder ES1600 Chipper / Mulcher/Shredder, 14 Amps
Not only is the ES 1600 among the best wood chippers on the market but also among the most popular. I’ve seen it in homes, offices, institutions, and many other places. Like other people, I love its simplicity that makes using it a breeze, the powerful yet silent electric motor, and the excellent construction quality. When not being used to chop wood, branches, or twigs, it can be used for shredding leaves or creating mulch. It is moderately lightweight, very compact, and can be maneuvered thanks easily to the excellent quality and decently-sized wheels.
Reasons To Buy This:
- Powerful 14-Amp electric motor for improved productivity
- Bonus cutting blades for added satisfaction
- Triple action for cutting, shredding, chipping and mulching
- Easy starting and stopping for improved operation
#1. Sun Joe CJ601E Electric Wood Chipper/Shredder, 14-Amp
By: Snow Joe
I believe that the Snow Joe CJ601E is not just one of the top wood chippers around but the best. Not because I currently own it, but due to its reliability, performance, and efficiency. I have held it for more than one year, and it has never let me down. It starts very easily and maintains its good performance throughout. The chipper reduces the branches, leaves, and twigs to the smallest size I have ever seen, and it’s also the most silent. Pushing or pulling it is very easy and effortlessly courtesy of the lightweight and large wheels.Reasons To Buy This:
- Versatile design for chipping, shredding, and mulching
- Powerful 14-amp electric motor for improved efficiency
- Powerful and strong steel blades reduce the branches and twig to a small thickness diameter of 1.5-inches thick
- Locking knob for preventing the motor from running when the chipper is open
From this Infographics, You can know How To Safely Use a Wood Chipper.
If you want to be more productive and improve performance, you should invest in the great wood chippers in the market. They allow you to reduce the volumes/amount of wood, leaves, twigs and related debris. They are very portable and can be used in many places, and most double as leave shredders or mulch makers. Right equipment is pretty easy to operate even by a first time user, doesn’t produce too much noise to disturb the peace in the neighborhood, and also doesn’t create a mess.
In this review, I have ranked the 7 best wood chippers in the market. Nonetheless, the difference between the first and last item is very minimal. While one may be better concerning speed and silence, it may come to second to another in regards to portability and versatility. In addition to chipping wood, shredding leaves, or even making much, the best wood chippers assure you of long life.