It’s become common to find wireless routers in many homes and offices. This device allows you to share the Wi-Fi or wirelessly signals amongst devices in a more straightforward, more comfortable and more secure manner. It is placed in a central position for easy access by other gadgets and devices and has a user-friendly interface. Advanced technology has made modern types not only more powerful but reliable and cover a wider area. And thanks to rising competition, the prices are coming down while the features and reliability are rising. In this review, we have centered on products that is affordable or in another word, cheap. And to tell you the truth there is quite a number. And without the right knowledge or information, you may buy a wrong item. Fortunately, we researched, compared and have listed the best cheap wireless routers in this review. Here they are:
List Of Best Cheap Wireless Routers In 2020
#10 NETGEAR N600 Dual Band WI-Fi Router (WNDR3400)
We begin by reviewing the NETGEAR N600 Wi-Fi router. It’s common in offices and homes and is among the most reliable pieces on the market. The portable unit can be placed on most surfaces with ease and won’t occupy lots of space. It has two bandwidths that provide maximum data speed of 600 Mbps. Each of the two bands delivers 300 Mbps. It is suitable for small, medium and large spaces and is tolerant to distortions and interference.
This improves the signal quality in the home and also enhances the connectivity. The Strong Wi-Fi signal allows you to operate several devices with ease. For easy installation and management, the router has NETGEAR genie home network management.In Short:
- Can attain supreme speed up to 600 Mbps
- Capable to deliver powerful signal output in small or large spaces
- Many different devices can be used with simplicity
- No problems to use on the majority of the surfaces
#9 ASUS Dual-Band AC750 Wireless Routers 733 Mbps With A USB Port (RT-AC51U)
The ASUS Dual-Band AC750 is not only among the affordable routers but also among the most effective. The simple-looking gadget improves the network and also distributes the signal optimally. The Dual-band device has a maximum combined speed of 733Mbps which is appropriate for today’s needs. It supports quality video streaming, playing online games, sharing content and much more. The included USB 2.0 port supports sharing of content and storage while the ASUS Raincloud app allows you to access, share, sync, and stream files on-the-go.
Setting it up is made easier with the ASUSWRT web interface while the two external antennas improve the Wi-Fi coverage/range. Operating it is not a problem courtesy of the user-friendly interface and simple design.In Short:
- The ASUSWRT web interface streamlines the setup
- Boast simple design and user-friendly interface
- Incorporates USB 2.0 port
- Allows you to accomplish lots of tasks wirelessly
#8 TP-Link N450 Wireless Wi-Fi Router, Up To 450Mbps (TL-WR940N)
This wireless Wi-Fi router will improve your internet connectivity as well as coverage. It is Suitable for 802.11n technology and works up to 15X faster than other options. The gadget N Speed can reach as high as 450Mbps and will improve HD video streaming, online gaming, VoIP and much more. To boost the signal and coverage, it has three antennas while the Friendly Interface enhances operation.
It works with Microsoft Windows (98SE, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8/ 8.1/10,), Linux, MAC® OS, UNIX, and NetWare. The built-in IP based bandwidth control will help you to determine the available bandwidth and how much each of the connected devices is taking. It has excellent parental controls to safeguard young users. The WPS button gives you one-touch wireless security encryption. It is very lightweight and occupies minimal space.In Short:
- Will upgrade the strength of your existing internet connectivity
- The 3 antennas boost coverage and signal
- One-touch wireless security encryption by its WPS button
#7 Kasda AC1200 Dual Band Wireless Router, Long Range Wifi Router 5dBi
Comprising of a Kasda AC1200 Router, Ethernet Cable, Power Adapter, and a Quick Setup Guide, the Kasda router will boost the wireless network in your office or home. It is lightweight for secure handling and has a simple design for smooth operation even for a complete novice. The gadget achieves data speed up to 1200 Mbps and comes with four 5dBi external antennas.
The unidirectional pieces maximize signal reception and distribution, giving you a better experience. It supports Fast Ethernet WAN and can handle up to 100Mbps. Setting up and using it is easy, thanks to the basic design. You also get a setup wizard that is written in 20 different languages including French, English, and Spanish.In Short:
- Facilitates long-range internet connectivity
- Can handle maximum data speed up to 1200 Mbps
- Packs in a setup wizard to simplify the setup procedure
- Excellent signal reception by four 5dBi external antennas
#6 WAVLINK 300Mbps High Power Smart Wireless WI-Fi Router 4x5dBi High Gain
The days of slow internet connectivity or delayed data transmission will be over once you get the WAVLINK Wireless Wi-Fi router. The Smart device improves the signal reception and distribution and makes the experience more rewarding. It has data speed reaching up to 300Mbps and comes with USB 2.0 for easy storage and sharing. For better signal transmission, the unit has four 5dBi external antennas.
The high-gain antennas can be folded for easy storage and transportation. It has excellent coverage and range and can support several devices without problems. The device also isn’t susceptible to lag or to drag speed. It looks great in many places due to the simple, stylish design and black color.In Short:
- Data speed can reach up to 300 Mbps
- For the purpose of sharing and storage, it comes with USB 2.0 port
- Boast simple yet chic black colored design
- Its antennas are helpful to facilitate flawless signal transmission
#5 TP-Link AC900 Wifi Router – Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Internet Routers (Archer C900)
If you are experiencing slow internet speed or want better coverage, then it’s high time you thought about the TP-Link AC900 Wi-Fi Router. It’s ideal for home use as well as the office and has decent coverage to cater for several devices. The accessory supports two bandwidths and attains a maximum data speed of 900Mbps.
One band supports N450 while the other AC450. It features Gigabit Ethernet ports for quick and easy connectivity and you can directly link it to wired devices. It is compatible with Amazon Alexa and works with both newer and older Wi-Fi devices. For easy management, you can get the TP-Link Tether app.
- Employs strong coverage to meet different needs
- No hassles to work with old and new WiFi devices
- Maximum data speed achievable is 900 Mbps
- Easy and instant connectivity by Gigabit Ethernet ports
#4 Tenda AC1200 Wireless WI-Fi Smart Router (AC6)
This wireless Wi-Fi router will improve the signal reception or internet connectivity in your surroundings. It is designed for 802.11ac standard as well as the next generation Wi-Fi. Setting it up takes a few minutes and is usable within an instant. And unlike other options, it doesn’t require advanced knowledge or skills. It features 2 bandwidths; 2.4 GHz and 5.0GFhz. The first one has a maximum data speed of 300Mbps while the other can reach as high as 867 Mbps.
In total, you have 1200Mbps (1.2Gbps) to play around with. The performance is excellent because of the high powered Broadcom 900Mhz Processor and powerful amplifiers. It has four 5dBi external antennas for better coverage and reception. The excellent speed makes video streaming, playing online games, and other services more satisfactory.In Short:
- Within a few minutes, setup can be completed
- Its structure comprises of powerful amplifiers and efficient processor
- Employs excellent coverage and signal reception
#3 ASUS 3-In-1 Wireless Router (RT-N12)
The ASUS 3-In-1 Wireless Router (RT-N12) will make sharing and manage a bandwidth easy and economical. The portable unit is useful in many places and is also easy to move from location to location. It uses modern technology which provides a stronger signal and is less prone to external attacks or hacking. The Multiple 3-in-1 Router also doubles as an Access Point and Range Extender for better functionality.
It has 2 detachable 5dBi antennas for better coverage and also for more flexibility and t achieves a maximum speed of 300Mbps, which is perfect for most daily operation. It supports up to 4 SSIDs for easy access control and bandwidth allocation management. The powerful Online Multi-tasking device is compatible with many gadgets including phones, tablets, iPad, and laptops.In Short:
- No issues with compatibility with laptops, phones, tablets, and iPads
- No possibilities of hacking or external attacks
- Can be used in many places due to its portability
- Supports up to 4 SSIDs
#2 Asus RT-N12 D1 Wireless Router – IEEE 802.11n RT-N12/D1
With this wireless router, you will quickly transform your wired network into a reliable wireless one with ease. It works with the standard types, and the transformation takes minutes. You also don’t have you be highly knowledgeable in this field since it has a simple design and a user-friendly interface. The gadget uses Wireless LAN Standard: IEEE 802.11n and has a maximum frequency of 2.40 GHz.
It features 2 antennas for easy distribution of the signal and has a good speed of 300mbps. The signal covers a large area and isn’t easily affected by other frequencies or signals. The graphical user interface is simple to operate and is very responsive. You can set up as many as 4 SSIDs for different users and it also supports HD video streaming, online gaming, and placing VoIP calls.In Short:
- Excellent signal transmission and reception by 2 antennas
- Boast user-friendly design
- Employs large coverage to deliver high performance
- Allows making VoIP calls
#1 HooToo Wireless Travel Router, 10400mAh External Battery, USB Port, High-Performance
This product by HooToo is rated by experts to be the best wireless router, its also very affordable. This router will create a secure network in your office, home, school, and other places. The HooToo Trip Mate Plusher transforms the existing wired network to a wireless network and allows you to operate several devices. It has a nice looking red color that not only improves its looks but that of the surrounding as well. It delivers high-performance courtesy of the superior technology and works with many devices with minimal issues.
Also, it has a built-in 10400mAh power bank that delivers 5Volts of power, and the maximum current is 2.1 amperes. It’s very easy to set up and operate and comes with several USB ports for connecting to devices. Additionally, it also charges gadgets like phones, iPhone, iPad and more.In Short:
- Allows charging devices like phone, iPads an iPhones
- Includes many USB ports to make an easy connection
- Your place can be secured wirelessly
- The red-colored design appears exquisite
Benefits Of Having Wireless Routers
- Easy Setup: Good wireless routers are easy to set up. It doesn’t matter if you lack the technical expertise or are doing it for the first one. As you have seen from the above pieces, they require a simple connection and choosing the desired setting, whether 2.4 of 5.0GHz. All you need is to adhere to the instruction that comes with the product.
- Secure: Top routers have a unique IP address meaning that it isn’t visible to the public or unauthorized users. Unlike the public address, chances of the network being hacked into are very minimal. It will ensure that all the Internet-connected devices work as designed and aren’t vulnerable to external attacks.
- Easy to Operate: A good wireless router has easy setup and takes only a few minutes. It has an intuitive interface for easy operation and understanding. The gadget will show the signal status and strength and also allows you to pick the best setting depending on the task at hand. It has few cables since its wireless, and this prevents the cords from getting entangled or the wires becoming loose.
- Network Attached Storage (NAS): Besides creating a nice wireless network and supporting sharing, wireless routers are compatible with external hard drives. You simply link the router to the drive via the included port. They also support audio and video technologies such as DLNA.
- Extra Features: The wireless router has an array of features to improve your computing and network sharing needs. You’ll find USB shared printing, Data Backup, Network Priority Settings, Parental Controls and more.
Finding a good wireless router isn’t easy in the saturated market. This is further complicated by the fact that newer products are launched every other day. A good one will improve the network and will make accessing the internet, streaming videos, playing videos and other things simpler. To help you find a good product faster and also save money and effort, we have reviewed the best cheap wireless routers. We chose devices that are user-friendly, reliable, have good security features, is compatible with many devices, are easy to maintain and also affordable.
We are confident that any of these devices will meet your needs and also give you maximum satisfaction. They work great, have many positive comments and reviews, and are highly rated by both consumers and analysts. And as always, don’t forget to leave a suggestion, comment or share your experience.