Since the turn of the 21st century, technology has been steadily advancing. And it is this advancement in technology that has led to the introduction of smartwatches, smart TVs, smartphones, smart appliances, and now smart light switches. Smart light switches are Wi-Fi enabled and can be controlled in several ways. You can control them with your voice via Alexa or Google Assistant or you can control them through your phone. These switches can also be controlled manually. They make life much simpler as well as beefing up security in your living space. To help you know more about them, we have compiled the following top 10 best Wi-Fi light switches reviews.
Table Best WiFi Light Switches
1.TP-Link Kasa Smart Light Switch (HS200)
This Wi-Fi smart light switch is a stunning investment because it gives you an opportunity to control your electronics regardless of where you are. It is highly compatible, and this means you will be able to use it immediately you receive it.
It is worth noting that this smart light switch works in a single-pole setup only. What’s more, installing this smart light switch only takes seconds and requires basic electrical wiring experience only. Controlling your light in a smart way is now a breeze; thanks to the TP-Link Kasa Smart Light Switch (HS200).Breakdown of the TP-Link Kasa Smart Light Switch (HS200):
- Voltage: The voltage rating of this Wi-Fi smart light switch is 120 volts. And this means it works in most households.
- Weight: The weight of the light switch is 4.8 ounces.
- Dimensions: Measures 1.5 by 3.3 by 5 inches; hence, it is compact and will not take up much space.
- Color: This Wi-Fi smart light switch is white, and, therefore, it will seamlessly blend with the finish at home.
- Switch Type: Single Pole
- Warranty Description: The manufacturer provides a 2-year warranty to protect this smart light switch from original defects.
- Away mode
- Wireless design
- White finish
- Scheduling and timer
- No hub design
- Easy to install and works as advertised
- The switch is cool to the touch
- Works consistently both with Alexa and the app
- No hub is needed
- The App gives amazing control over the switch
- Looks nice on the wall
- Requires you to push the bottom to turn it on and off
2.Leviton DW15S-1BZ Wi-Fi 15A Universal Switch
Leviton loves it when you are less inconvenienced and have total control over your electronics. That’s why it has come up with the Leviton DW15S-1BZ model. It is an advanced Wi-Fi light switch that gives you a chance to control your electronics from anywhere.
It works with both iOS and Android phones, meaning you will not be forced to look for a new handset after you have bought it. Moreover, this Wi-Fi light switch is very compatible. It can be used with Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa. Needless to say, you can operate this switch via voice command.Breakdown of the Leviton DW15S-1BZ Wi-Fi Light Switch:
- Dimensions: The dimensions of this Wi-Fi light switch are 2.1 by 1.4 by 4.1 inches.
- They make the light switch compact, making sure you are able to install it anywhere anytime.
- Switch Style: The switch style of this light switch is smart; making the unit extremely easy to use.
- Warranty Description: The manufacturer provides a 5-year warranty to give you peace of mind during purchase.
- Wattage and Voltage: This smart switch uses 600 watts and has a voltage rating of 120.
- Color: The color of this smart switch is white; hence, it will blend seamlessly with the existing décor.
- Compact design
- White finish
- Optional colors
- Works with Alexa
- The app is convenient and very nice
- Instructions are clear and helpful
- The design is much more intuitive
- The warranty is very long
- The installation guide has good diagrams
- Not very energy efficient
3.Gosund Smart Switch with Remote Control and Schedule
There is nothing fun about controlling your home devices manually. That’s why you need a high-performance Wi-Fi light switch like the Gosund Smart Switch with Remote Control. It allows you to control your devices via your mobile phone. This means, with it, you will be able to control them from anywhere.
The Wi-Fi smart switch really makes life convenient and should be in the home of everyone who is looking to go smart. It is important to note that this smart switch needs neutral and live load wires to be powered.Breakdown of the Gosund Smart Switch:
- Warranty Description: The smart switch comes with a 12-month limited warranty to protect against original defects.
- Guarantee: The manufacturer of this smart switch also offers a 90-day unconditional full refund guarantee to allow you to return the light switch should you be unimpressed with it.
- High Compatibility: This smart switch works with Google Home and Amazon Alexa. This means you can issue a voice command to operate it.
- Package Included: The Wi-Fi light switch comes with a user manual, two screws, 4 wire nuts, and one faceplate.
- Certification: The Wi-Fi light switch is both FCC and ETL certified. This means it has passed rigorous tests, and, therefore, very safe to use.
- Free Gosund App
- Voice control
- Compatible with IFTTT
- Rectangle in shape
- Instructions are clear and easy to understand
- Setup is simple and easy
- The price is very competitive
- The IFTTT integration is impressive
- Compatible with Google Home and Alexa
- The LED is on when the light is on
4.TREATLIFE Smart Life Switch (1 PACK)
Before we start reviewing the TREATLIFE Smart Life Switch, it is crucial to note that it is for 2.4G Wi-Fi only and not 5G. Away from that; this smart life switch has what it takes to completely transform your living space.
With it, you will be able to create schedules so your lights can be turned on and off according to your everyday routines. Furthermore, this smart life switch helps beef up security. And it achieves that by simulating occupancy while you are away on vacation. By simulating occupancy, this smart life switch will trick potential intruders.Breakdown of the TREATLIFE Smart Life Switch:
- Warranty Description: The TREATLIFE Smart Life Switch comes with a 2-year quality warranty to give you peace of mind during purchase.
- Guarantee: The smart life switch also comes with a 90-day money-back guarantee to prove to you that the manufacturer fully stands behind it.
- Switch Style: The switch style of this Wi-Fi light switch is a push button.
- Dimensions and Weight: The dimensions of this Wi-Fi light switch are 5 by 5 by 5 inches and the weight is 5.6 ounces.
- Maximum Power: The power wattage of the Wi-Fi light switch is 1250 watts.
- Vacation mode
- Automated schedules
- Countdown timer
- Voice-activated lighting
- Group control
- Has an elegant LED light
- Installation is extremely easy and simple
- The app is easy to use
- Looks nice and has an amazing quality
- Instructions are easy to read and understand
- The body of the switch is a little bigger than expected
5.Martin Jerry Smart Switch
Martin Jerry is a professional manufacturer and seller of voice-activated devices. It does its work so well, and that’s why we are thrilled to have one of its products in these reviews. It has 10 years of experience, and this means it will not disappoint.
That being said, we are happy to have one of its products in these reviews. It supports 2.4G Wi-Fi and does a good job of making your life much more convenient than ever. It is important to note that the smart switch does not support 5G plus it is not a dimmer switch.Breakdown of the Martin Jerry Smart Switch:
- Package List: When you buy this smart switch, you also get one faceplate, one user manual, four wire nuts, and two screws.
- Switch Type: This is a Wi-Fi switch and not a dimmer. Well, the fact that it is Wi-Fi means you will be able to operate it wirelessly.
- Frequency: The frequency of this smart switch is 50/60Hz.
- Rated Voltage: This Wi-Fi light switch is perfect for most homes; thanks to its voltage rating of 100V – 240V AC.
- Rated Current: The maximum current of the Wi-Fi light switch is 15A.
- One-way switch
- 2.4G Home Wi-Fi network
- Voice and App Control
- No distracting LED glow when you want to sleep
- Instructions are great and installation is a breeze
- The price is very affordable
- Works with smart life App
- The switch comes well packaged
- The switch is large in width and depth
6.GE, 14292 White Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Life Switch
Although this smart life switch needs a Z-wave certified hub, this should not be a deal breaker. This is because the smart life switch works well in keeping your home safe and making your life convenient and easy.
It boasts hassle-free operation that allows you to control it remotely via your mobile phone or a voice command. You can also manually turn it on and off. The Wi-Fi light switch increases energy efficiency. Needless to say, it will play a role in reducing your electric bill.Breakdown of the GE 14292 Z-Wave Plus Smart Life Switch:
- Weight and Dimensions: This smart life switch weighs 6.4 ounces, and its dimensions are 4.2 by 2.2 by 2.2 inches.
- Color: The color of this Wi-Fi light switch is white, and this enables it to blend nicely with almost any décor.
- Switch Type: 3-way, meaning the switch works nicely on its own or perfectly integrates into multi-switch setups with required add-on switches.
- Operating temperature: This smart life switch works in temperatures ranging from 32 – 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Warranty Description: The smart switch is backed by a 2-year limited warranty to protect against the unfortunate.
- On/off controls
- Faster processor
- 4X more memory
- 3-way style
- Installing the switch is straightforward
- The switch looks good once installed
- Works great with Amazon Alexa
- Perfect in a 3-way installation
- Can be controlled via phone, manually or through automation
- The directions for installing the switch are not great
7.Yeewell Smart Light Switch & Alexa Smart Double Switch
One good thing about smart light switch is that it allows you to turn it on with your voice. The Yeewell Smart Light Double Switch is in this category, and that’s why it is here. What’s more, this switch can also be operated via phone.
All you need to do is to download the Smart Life App and then sync it with your switch so you can operate it anywhere anytime. The manufacturer of this smart light switch is an honest manufacturer that encourages customers to contact it should there be an issue with its product.Breakdown of the Yeewell Smart Light Switch:
- Certification: The smart light switch is certified by ETL, FCC, RoHS, and CE. These certifications prove that it has undergone rigorous tests, and, therefore, it’s very safe to use.
- Maximum Power: The maximum power of this Wi-Fi light switch is 1200 watts.
- Output Current: The output current of the Wi-Fi light switch is 10A.
- Switch Style: Single pole touch switch.
- Dimensions and Size: The dimensions of the smart light switch are 5.5 by 5.1 by 2.4 inches and the size is 1*2.
- Color: This smart light switch has white color for seamless blending with the existing fixtures.
- Fashionable design
- Single-pole switch
- App control
- 2.4G Wi-Fi
- The switch is solidly constructed
- The faceplate has a nice clean look with no visible screws
- The LED shows when the switch is connected to Wi-Fi
- The Smart Life App, which the switch works with, is simple to use
- Can be controlled by voice via Amazon Alexa
- No dimmer
8.Etekcity Smart Light Switch (2 Pack)
A good smart light switch should be easy to install. The Etekcity Smart Light Switches are not just easy to install but also they are made by a reputable manufacturer. They will completely transform your home; making it a smart home.
It is worth noting that these switches require neutral, load line wires and work with only a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network. They do not support 5G. Nevertheless, this is not a big issue because most smart light switches in this category only support 2.4GHz Wi-Fi. Once installed, the switches are extremely easy to operate.Breakdown of the Etekcity Smart Light Switches:
- Certification: These switches are both FCC certified and ETL listed. This means they are totally safe to use.
- Dimensions: The dimensions of each of these switches are 4.92 by 3.14 by 1.67 inches.
Based on these dimensions, it is obvious that the switches are compact, and, therefore, can fit anywhere.
- Maximum Switch Current: 15A
- Rated Power: 1800W
- Voltage: The voltage of these switches is 120, and this means the switches are perfect for most households.
- Switch style: One-way
- Quantity: You get two smart light switches when you buy this package. Well, this is great, considering the price.
- Remote control
- Flame retardant material
- Overheat protection
- Schedule and timer
- Group function
- Voice control
- Away mode
- Device share
- Great for the price
- Fairly easy to install
- Instructions are pretty good
- The Wi-Fi symbol stays lit to let you know there is a connection
- The VeSync app is easy to use
- Does not work without a neutral line
9.Aoycocr Smart Light Switch
Like most Wi-Fi smart light switches around, the Aoycocr Smart Light Switch needs a neutral wire to function. It, however, does not need the hub. Well, we can confidently say that it is a fairly easy-to-deal-with light switch. It is important to note that the smart light switch only supports 2.4G.
Whether you want to beef up security, save energy, or simply want to make your life simple, this light switch is for you. You can automate it so it can turn on and off exactly when you need it to.Breakdown of the Aoycocr Smart Light Switch:
- Dimensions: This smart light switch measures 4.5 by 2.75 by 1.9 inches. That being said, the light switch is compact enough to be installed in almost any place.
- Switch style: Rocker switch
- Certification: The light switch is FCC listed to give you peace of mind knowing that it is safe to operate.
- Color: The color of this Wi-Fi light switch is white so it can give a clean look all the time.
- Material: The material the smart light switch is made of is PC+ABS. It is a quality material that helps extend the lifespan of the switch.
- LED indicator
- On/off manual switch
- Voice control
- Light on your schedule
- Step-by-step instructions
- Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa compatible
- Remote control
- Automatic and manual functions work well
- The LEDs on the front are handy
- The switch arrives well packaged
- Works perfectly with Amazon Alexa
- The switch is well made
- There must be a neutral line for the switch to work
10.SUFEINI Alexa Smart Light Switch (2 Gang)
Some smart light switches need a hub to work while others do not. Well, we are glad to tell you that the SUFEINI Alexa Smart Light Switches do not require a hub to function. They are convenient smart light switches that you simply need to install, set up, and enjoy the service they have to offer.
Another thing that makes the switches very convenient to use is the fact that they can be controlled in multiple ways. Ideally, you can control them from anywhere using a mobile phone. You can also turn them on and off via your voice.Breakdown of the SUFEINI Alexa Smart Light Switches:
- Wide Compatibility: These switches can control several electronics, such as a fan.
- Max Current: The maximum current of this Wi-Fi light switch is 10A. That being said, the switches should not be used for high power electrical appliances.
- Plug Profile: Wall Mount
- Color: 2 Gang
- Dimensions: The switches measure 7 by 5.2 by 1.9 inches. Compared to other smart light switches, they are larger, but this should really not be a problem because they serve their purpose.
- Weight: Despite being pretty large, these switches weigh just 4 ounces.
- Android 4.1 and iOS 8.0 above compatible
- Multiple control methods
- No hub required
- Supports 2.4GHz Wi-Fi
- Allows you to control lights from across the bedroom
- Extremely easy to set up
- Great for those who always forget to turn their switches on or off
- Setting schedule time is a breeze
- Works great with Alexa
- The metal wings on each side make the switch take up way too much room
Buyer’s Guide for the Best WiFi Light Switches
Before you buy a Wi-Fi light switch, consider the following factors.
It is obvious that one of the reasons why you are buying a light switch is that you want to cut down electric costs. Therefore, it makes a lot of sense to go for a unit, which does not consume a lot of energy.
The app that’s supposed to work with your light switch should be convenient and simple to use. It should be easy to set up so you are not frustrated with anything.
Apart from choosing a switch with an easy-to-use and setup app, you should make sure the switch is easy to install. Well, an easy-to-install switch is one that comes with clear instructions. It also comes with all accessories.
A good smart light switch should be well certified to give you peace of mind during use. Some of the certifications your switch should have are FCC certification, ETL listing, CE certification, and RoHS certification.
To avoid inconveniences, make sure you know the dimensions of your switch box. After that, choose a light switch with dimensions that perfectly fit your switch box. By so doing, you will avoid ending up with a light switch that is too large to fit on the switch box or so small that installing it on your switch box becomes almost impossible.
There are several appliances and devices that make our lives much simpler than ever before. One of these items is the Wi-Fi light switch. A Wi-Fi light switch can be controlled anywhere at any time. It can also be controlled by voice, given that it is Alexa and Google Assistant compatible. If you wish to go smart, investing in a smart light switch is mandatory.