Buying a set of walkie talkies for your child or children is an amazing gift you can give a child aged 3 or up.
Even though we live in an era of smartphones and mobile communications, just about any young kid will simply love the idea of owning their own two-way communication device which will allow it to get in touch with a sibling or a best friend whenever and wherever they are, through a “secret” channel.
A good set of walkie talkies is also incredibly useful for the entire family when you go camping, hiking, on a cruise, or on vacation in a place where there is no reliable cell service.
Best Walkie Talkie for Kids
We have selected the top-rated walkie talkies for kids for 2022 so that your children will feel like real officers or agents in the field, and so that you can rest assured that you can be in contact with them when they are out playing.
This 3 pack of brightly colored, small, and light walkie talkies by Obuby is one of the top offers you will find on the market in 2022.
Although they may look like toys, these walkie talkies are fully functional and have a range of up to 3 miles in the open.
Not only will your kids have fun with these units, but you will be able to communicate easily with them, too, giving you peace of mind when they are playing outdoors.
The affordable package includes 3 walkie talkies, in pink, yellow, and blue colors.
Each unit is just 14.4 inches high with the antenna, 2.2 inches wide, and 1.1 inches deep.
They are safe and easy to use for children aged 3 to 12 years of age and are suitable for boys and girls alike.
Each of the walkie talkies has an ergonomic design and will fit easily into the hands of a toddler or young child. They have safe and comfortable rubber grips on the sides.
They are waterproof and have LCD displays.
They offer clear and crisp sound, thanks to their highly efficient noise reduction and anti-interference technology. The volume can be adjusted easily too.
Using the units is very simple via the push of a single button. You or your children can also activate a beep signal by pushing a button twice. You can also talk with your hands busy with something else, thanks to the nifty VOX function on each of the devices.
There are 22 channels to choose from, and you can call and broadcast to one or all units at the same time. There are 38 security codes to pick from, and the channels are securely coded, so strangers will not be able to overhear the conversations or interfere with them.
You can also use the walkie talkie with a connected headset of your choice.
There are 10 call tones that each child can pick from, and a keypad lock and battery saving mode.
Each of the units also has a built-in flashlight, which adds to the fun and the convenience of the Obuby Walkie Talkies.
They work with 4 AAA batteries each, and you can use rechargeable ones to save money for having to buy replacements.
This set of two walkie talkies is a superb idea for a gift for children aged 3 to 9. The reliable and easy to use units are small and comfortable enough to fit in your child’s hand and to use.
At the same time, they are robustly built and will withstand a lot of outdoor adventures, games, and activities.
They have a 3-mile range in an open field and about 0.5-1 miles indoors or in a residential area. There are 22 FRS/GMRS channels allowing the kids to keep in touch at any given moment.
They have bright LED displays, built-in flashlights, belt clips, and call alerts to make your kids feel like they are on a real-life mission.
The blue-colored units have an easy to use interface and push-to-talk buttons. Plus, they have been tested as safe and emit minimal radiation power, which will not harm even the youngest children.
Thanks to the auto squelch function, the children will be able to hear each other clearly when communicating.
Each of the units is 4.92 inches high along with the antenna, 1.18 inches deep, and 1.77 inches wide. The devices are battery-powered and use 3 AAA batteries each. You can use rechargeable batteries as well.
They also have a VOX function for hands-free use.
The rest of the best walkie talkies for kids for 2022
If you are looking for small and sturdy walkie talkies that your young children can use to play safely and easily, then the two-pack offered by Retevis is another excellent option.
- The very compact size of 6.29 (H) x 2.24 (W) x 1.53 (D) inches of each unit
- Available in red, camouflage, silver and black color options
- Each device is powered by 3 AA batteries
- They have convenient belt clips on the backsides
- Simple to use via the easy to see and find talk button
- A VOX function for using the units hands-free
- Keypad lock to prevent accidental pressing or channel switching
- 22 secure FRS channels
- A jack for an added headset or earpiece
- A sturdy and safe rubber housing
- Different call tones and volumes to choose from
- Noise reduction feature for crystal clear sound
- An LCD display
- A battery status indicator
- Suitable for children aged 5 years and up
These small and cute walkie talkies are actually wearable devices, so your kids will always have them handy when they are secured to their wrists, on their bikes, or hanging on lanyards around their necks. Plus, they are rechargeable and offer excellent quality sound within a 2-mile range.
- Cute kitty like design
- They come with added lanyards as well as wrist straps, for easy carrying and hands-free use
- They work with rechargeable lithium-ion batteries, included in the price
- The battery power is sufficient for up to 24 hours of talking and 5 days in standby mode per charge
- The eyes of the kitty walkie talkie will light up in different colors when the PTT button is pressed
- They have a range of up to 2 miles
- The walkie talkies also can be used as FM radio players
- They are sold in 2-packs in pink, green, or mixed color options, suitable for girls and boys
- The manufacturer offers a 45-day money-back guarantee and an 18-month warranty for them
- Suitable for children aged 3 years or more
Your kids will love these professional-looking walkie talkies and will enjoy embarking on memorable adventures and games with these long-range, high-quality communication devices.
- A 3-mile range when used in open-field
- 22 channels
- Bright, backlit LCD displays
- Great looking design
- Compact and ergonomic construction, suitable for young children
- Built-in flashlights to add to the fun
- They have useful clips for hanging the walkie talkies on a belt or pocket
- Efficient noise reduction, for crystal clear sound
- Each unit is 4.92 inches high, 1.77 inches wide, and 1.18 inches deep
- An easy to use hands-free VOX function for voice activation
- Each one works with 3 AAA batteries, include rechargeable ones
- There is a battery saving option
- Offered in green camouflage and yellow color options, appropriate for little boys and girls
- Suitable for kids aged 4 years and up
If you need a set of reliable and yet affordable walkie talkies for the entire family for your upcoming cruise, vacation or outdoor adventure, then the Wishouse Family Talkabout pack could be an excellent option for you.
- Sold in sets of four – suitable for the entire family, kids and adults alike
- Available in a wide variety of color options, and sets of different colors for each child or adult
- PTT activation, and hands-free VOX functionality
- You can use the walkie talkie to communicate with one or more people simultaneously
- Noise reduction for a clear sound
- Each walkie talkie is 6.2 inches high with the antenna included, 2.3 inches wide, and 1.1 inches deep
- The volume is adjustable
- Transmission range of up to 3 miles in the open, and up to 0.5 miles in residential areas
- Keypad and channel lock for avoiding accidental channel switching
- 22 FRS/GMRD channels
- Integrated flashlight in each unit
- An automatic battery power-saving function
This set of 4 premium quality walkie talkies for kids includes four units that you can give to your children, and use yourselves to be in contact with them at all times too. They are a superb idea if you are going camping or traveling where there is no cellphone coverage, or for everyday use as well.
- 4 walkie talkies included in the set
- Each unit comes with a rechargeable li-ion battery
- The batteries will last for up to 120 hours of standby, and up to 18 hours of talking time per charge
- They can be charged in pairs via a computer, car charger, or power bank, no need to pay for replacement batteries
- A long communication range of up to 3 miles in the open
- 22 channels, and easy to use channel scan for the two way FRS radio connection between the 4 units
- An easy to see backlit LCD display
- Hands-free VOX function
- A battery status indicator
- Added earphone or headset jack on each unit
- Offered in camo blue, camo green or mixed camo pink and green colors
- They come with a 45-day money-back satisfaction guarantee and an 18-month warranty
With this pair of two walkie talkies, you don’t have to worry about running out of replacement batteries because it comes with rechargeable ones and a USB charger.
- USB fast charging, so you will never have to buy replacement batteries for these walkie talkies
- It comes with the rechargeable batteries, and charger needed for charging the batteries via a computer, plug, power bank or a car charger
- Suitable for kids and adults alike
- ABD drop-resistant housing
- 22 channels and 122 privacy codes for a secure transmission
- Backlit LCD screens
- Battery status, and a low battery alert
- VOX hands-free communication option
- A range of up to 4 miles in open water, 1 mile in residential areas, and up to 16 miles in the valley or mountain
- High-quality sound and crisp, clear voices
- A key lock to keep the selected channel locked
- Available in all kinds of color options, combinations, as well as with or without a charger and lanyards