USB wireless internet or Wi-Fi adapters changed the way computers, laptops, smartphones, tablets and other devices connect to the network or internet. Previously, you had to rely on long cables, internal hardware, and external gadgets. And although it works, it was a little cumbersome, costly, and required higher costs of maintenance. In some instances, you were required to upgrade a computer to enjoy the benefits from a superior network. Thankfully, we now have USB Wi-Fi Adapters which are more superior, effective, affordable and reliable. Nevertheless, identifying a product from the many readily available items can be an uphill hill task. Fortunately, we have already categorized the best USB WiFi adapters and you just need to pick an item or two from the following list:
List Of Best USB Wifi Adapters In 2021
#10 USB Wifi Adapter 600Mbps USBNOVEL Dual Band 2.4G / 5G Wireless Wifi Dongle
This innovative dual-band adapter will boost the network in many places. It comes in a mini size to fit in restricted spaces but still delivers impressive performance. The gadget is 3X faster than most devices in its range and can attain speeds as high as 6000Mbps. It supports 802.11ac and has two bands (2.4 & 5.0Ghz).
The former reaches a maximum speed of 150Mpbs while the latter attains 433 Mbps max. The 5G Wi-Fi is perfect even for data demanding tasks like streaming HD video, playing online games, and more. It works with PCs, laptops, tablet and more. The small wifi router supports Windows (10 / 8 / 7 / XP / Vista), and Mac OS X 10.4 – 10.12.2. Installation is easy and it comes with a Set-up CD.In Short:
- Speed of working is faster than other WiFi adapters
- Suitable to accomplish tasks like web surfing, video watching, online game playing, etc
- Presented in a compact size to fit in tiny space
- Supports two bands i.e. 2.4 & 5.0 GHz
#9 Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Wi-Fi USB Adapters (A7000-10000S)
With this USB Wi-Fi adapter, streaming videos or playing online games will be more satisfactory. The Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 has sped up to 600Mbps (2.4GHz) and 1300Mbps (5GHz). It offers more connections due to the dual-band and more bandwidth capacity courtesy 3×4 MIMO design.
The gadget offers wider coverage and maintains a strong consistent signal throughout. Configuring it takes a short time and doesn’t require extra programs. It comes with a built-in windows configuration tool for quick linkage to a Wi-Fi network. The device has multiple OS support to work with both Windows and Mac.In Short:
- Presents wide coverage and excellent wireless connectivity
- Flawlessly compatible with Windows and Mac OS
- Provision of the dual band offers more connectivity
- Suitable to accomplish a variety of tasks on your device
#8 ANEWKODI Wifi Adapter USB 3.0 AC1200Mbps USB Wireless Adapter Dual Band
The ANEWKODI Wi-Fi adapter is based on the latest technology and will outperform many wireless adapters. It features a powerful RTL8812BU chip that processes data much faster. The dongle works with both 2.4G and 5.8G and is based on the most current 802.11ac Wi-Fi technology, which is up to 3 times faster than wireless N speeds. It will reach rates as high as 867Mbps on 5GHz and 300Mbps on 2.4 GHz.
The combined speed will be 1200 Mbps (1.2Gbps)). The high performance and fast speed offer seamless streaming of HD video and will make online gaming more enjoyable. For better signal penetration and distribution, it relies on a 5dBi antenna. It supports USB 2.0 and 3.0 and is compatible with windows (10/8/8.1/7/Vista/2000,) Mac OS 10.9 and more OS.In Short:
- Employs high speed and high performance
- Includes a 5dBi antenna to deliver superb connectivity
- Implements 802.11ac Wi-Fi technology to deliver faster speeds
#7 Wifi Adapter AC1200Mbps USB Wireless Adapter 2.4GHz/5GHz Dual Band Wifi USB
The EDUP Wi-Fi Adapter has a top data speed of 1200Mbps. Streaming videos, playing online games, and other internet functions will be easy. It is small and easily connects to desktop PCs, Laptops, tablets and more. The dual-band gadget features 2.4GHz (300Mbps) and 5GHz (867Mbps). It has a high-gain antenna for improved signal reception and also to combat other frequencies.
- Related Articles: Cheap Wireless Routers Under 50 Bucks
It is simple to install, easy to use, and you should be able to use it in a few minutes. You won’t experience freezing or lagging performance. It works with Windows OS (10/8.1/8/7/XP/), Mac OS (10.9-10.13) and is also backward compatible with 802.11 a/b/g/n devices.In Short:
- Supports dual-band i.e. 2.4 GHz and 5GHz
- Maximum speed achievable is 1200 Mbps
- Signal reception is improved by its high gain antenna
- Effortlessly connects to different devices like mobile, laptop, PC, etc
#6 Wifi USB Adapter 5dBi Antenna, AMBOLOVE AC600Mbps Dual Band 2.4G/5G
This Wi-Fi adapter that is compatible with 802.11AC and works faster than the typical N speeds. The AMBOLOVE Wi-Fi USB Adapter offers you faster speeds, superior performance, and consistent speeds. This gadget has two bands (2.4 and 5.0Ghz) and features superior Wi-Fi protocol for good performance. You won’t experience freezing screens, lags, and playing online games or streaming videos will be easy.
The strong 5dBi antenna is more powerful and reliable than the 3dBi and 2dBi type and is Omni-directional for good coverage and consistency. It is good for PC Desktop, Laptop, Tablets, and Phones and is compatible with Windows OS (10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista), Linux and Mac.In Short:
- Its 5dBi Antenna facilitates strong reception of the signal
- Coverage is enhanced by omni-directional functionality
- No delay while watching videos, playing online games, etc
- No compromise in the performance
#5 Wifi Adapter Wireless N Adapter 300Mbps 2.4GHz Wifi USB With High Gain External
By: WISE TIGER
Capable of achieving data speed up to 300Mbps, this wireless adapter will improve the network reception and connectivity in your office, home, and other places. It works with Windows (10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista/) as well as Mac OS X 10.6-10.13. The easy to install device is compatible with PCs, laptops, tablets, and other gadgets and comes with a high gain external antennae and features a USB 2.0.
Installing the device takes less than 3 minutes and requires no additional software or hardware. The Wi-Fi dongle supports any 2.4 GHz wireless router and maintains a strong signal throughput. It has a decent coverage of 100 meters plus and is tolerant to interference, distortion, and noise. The highly secure piece supports 64/128-bit WEP and 128 bit WPA standard (TKIP/AES).In Short:
- No need to rely on additional hardware or software
- Presents powerful signal throughput
- Noticeable improvement in network reception as well as connectivity
- Maximum data speed achievable is 300Mbps
#4 EDUP Wifi Adapter Ac600Mbps Wireless USB Adapter 5.8GHz/2.4GHz Dual Band
Designed to work with different OS including Windows XP, Vista, 7, Win 8, Win 10, and Mac OS X 10.6-10.13. The gadget has 2 bands; 2.4 GHz (150Mbps) and 5.0 GHz (433Mbps) and can reach up to 600Mbps in term of speed. This also enables you to connect more than one device. It upgrades desktop PCs to 802.11ac, and they will perform not only faster and reliability and bit the connectivity will be consistent.
The two 2dBi antennas boost the strength and together with the superior Wi-Fi technology, it will be up to 3X faster than N speed. Streaming HD videos, playing online games, and surfing the net will significantly improve. It is more tolerant to interference or wayward signals and is also easy to install.In Short:
- The highest speed attained is 600Mbps
- The wireless signal strength booted by two 2dBi antennas
- Eliminates signal interference
#3 Inamax USB Wifi Adapter 1200Mbps, USB 3.0 Wireless Network Wifi Dongle With 5dBi
The Inamax USB adapter will transform your slow and unreliable network into a superfast and reliable network. It has a decent speed of 12000Mbps and has 2 bands to cater to different needs and devices. The 2.4 GHz band reaches up to 300Mbps while the 5.0 GHz attains a maximum speed of 867Mbp. The super fast USB 3.0 toggle is faster than most types in the current market.
And despite its advancement and superior performance, it is still backward compatible with devices running USB2.0 and USB 1.1. The included 5dBi external antenna will strengthen the connectivity and will still work in a weak network. It also maintains consistent performance throughout making it ideal for strong videos, online gaming, and other demanding chores.In Short:
- Contains 5dBi external antenna to boost connectivity and strength
- Transforms existing network into a reliable and superfast network
- No compromise in the performance for accomplishing different tasks wirelessly
- Includes 2 bands to fulfill different needs
#2 Blueshadow USB Wifi Adapter – Dual Band 2.4G/5G Mini WI-Fi Ac Wireless Network Card
This product from Blueshadow is the second best USB WiFi adapter on this list. With this USB WiFi adapter, creating the perfect Hotspot for other devices to connect isn’t as hard as you may think. You also don’t need to be a tech guru. With this adapter, you get a reliable connection point that has good coverage. The Blueshadow USB Wi-Fi Adapter is compatible with most OS including Windows XP Vista/7/8/8.1/and 10 and works with desktop Pcs laptops, tablets, phones and more. It has two bands; 2.5 GHz and 5.0 GHz.
The earlier one attains a maximum speed of 150 maximum speed while the latter(5GHz ) reaches up to has 433Mbps. In total, the dual-band is 600Mbps which is quite appropriate for most uses. Fitting the unit in the USB slot is easy and will start working without you having to configure or install additional programs or drivers.In Short:
- Found compatible with the majority of OS
- The maximum speed i.e. 600Mbps is suitable for different uses
- Can be easily accommodated in the USB slot
- No need to install additional drivers or programs
#1 Wireless USB Wifi Adapter, Techkey 1200Mbps Dual Band 2.4GHz/300Mbps
The title of the best USB WiFi adapter goes TECKEY’s. Although it may look small, it packs lots of power to run most devices on your home or office. Be it laptops, computers, tablets, smartphone or any other internet-enabled device. It comes with dual-band and has a maximum combined speed of 1200Mbps. The 2.4 GHz band has a maximum speed of 300Mbps while the 5.0 GHz can reach up to 500MBps.
The unit installs easily in any USB port and works within a short time, thanks to being Plug and Play. It features two 5dBi antennas for better coverage and will upgrade PCs to 802.11ac without a problem. This allows the network to perform better and also reduces chances of slow connectivity. It has a USB 3.0 socket which is more superior to most in the market and creates a nice Hotspot for linking with other devices.In Short:
- The maximum speed that can be attained is 1200Mbps
- Effortlessly installs in a USB port
- Eliminates concerns of sluggish connectivity
- Employs Plug and Play operation
Benefits Of A USB Wi-Fi Adapter
- No Cables: Being a wireless system, you don’t require to connect wires or cables. You just fit the adapter into the USB port, and you’ll be connected. To connect many devices using cables, you require lots of them. This will create a cluttered space, and there is a possibility of the accidentally pulling out a cable.
- Easy To Use: Using a USB adapter is much easier than when using a wired system. It’s just a matter of fitting it inside the USB port and following some basic stapes. In a wired system, you may be required to strip wires, familiarize yourself with polarity, and also drill holes in/ walls, use clips, and connectors. This requires some skills.
- A Cleaner Space: If you have seen a space with several connecting cables, then you concur with me that it isn’t the cleanest of spaces. In fact, due to the cluttered environment, you may accidentally unhook a wire and then have to struggle to find a problem why you can’t connect to the internet. USB adapters are small, portable and don’t create a messy environment.
- No Internal Hardware: To use the internet or connect to an existing network, most computers and laptops will require you to fit a network adapter card inside or on the motherboard. This is a bit techy for most people, and they will have to call in an expert. Trying to perform the task may lead to damaging some parts. However, fitting a USB adapter is simple and easy even for a novice.
- Work with Multiple Devices: Normally, the cables or wires are usually fixed, meaning that you can’t easily move with the computer or another device. But, with a USB adapter, you can simply remove it and use it in another device. It is lightweight and small, and also doesn’t need any configuration because it is Plug and Play. The cost of buying a single adapter is way lower than purchasing several wires and connectors not forgetting the labor cost.
Call them wireless internet or Wi-Fi router. Still, one undeniable fact is that this device has made accessing and using the internet easier and more convenient. You no longer need to depend on long cables, install external hardware, feel limited by the available ports or spend more time and effort managing the different hardware and devices.
With the USB routers, you just plug the accessory into the USB port of your computer, laptop, tablet or any other device and join the network. The device is compatible with many items, lightweight and portable, and doesn’t require any maintenance. It comes in small space-saving design, and this maximizes the available space. We have shown you the best USB Wi-Fi adapters on the market. Now, it is up to you to make the decision. What have you chosen?