My neighbor had his swimming pool constructed a few months ago, and since he knew my love for swimming, he gave me a free pass to the pool whenever I wanted to relax. I recently took him to shop for a new pool filter and out of the options which included a cartridge filter and DE; we decided to get a sand filter pump. A clean swimming pool is essential and pleasing to the eye. You don’t want to get a skin or health-related complications because of using dirty swimming pools or even taking a dip in a pool that has been treated with all sorts of chemicals. A clean swimming pool will let you have a peaceful mind and let you enjoy yourself even more. Take a look at the ten best sand filter pumps for above ground pool that are worth buying.
List Of Top Best Sand Filter Pumps For Above Ground Pool In 2021
#10 Flowclear 1500gal Sand Filter Pump
This was the first option we came across, and it proved quite impressive. Simplicity will rarely let you down; in fact, the easier it is to use machinery, the more likely it is to have a great sales record. It is a good feeling to understand how to use your device or even have the smallest clue as to how it operates. The Flow clear Sand Filter Pump is a great example of what I am talking about. Its design is easy to access, and its pressure gauge can be read with effortlessly as well. If you like to keep it simple, then this is what you need.Reasons To Buy This:
- The sand filter pump uses silica sand size #20
- It can be used with 300 – 11,200-gallon Swimming pools.
#9 Intex Krystal Clear 1500 GPH Sand Filter Pump
After checking the Bestway sand filter pump, we also went ahead and examined this Intex Krystal Clear filter pump. This one caters to people or institutions that have pools with the capacity to hold 2,600 to 8,500 gallons of water. You are definitely in luck because, when you buy it, it comes with a ground fault circuit interrupter. It uses a voltage of about 110 to120 and has a pump flow rate of 1600gph. However, the total flow rate of the system is roughly about 1500gph.Reasons To Buy This:
- You get a two-year warranty with your purchase.
- This sand filter pump has a glass filtration media capacity of about 40lbs.
#8 4500GPH 19″ Sand Filter W/ 1HP Above Ground Swimming Pool Pump
By: Xtreme power US
This was our third option, and I loved its excellent design and sturdy construction. With this sand filter pump, you will get a maximum suction of 34.5 feet. It has a sand capacity of about 175 pounds and can be used with pools that have an 18000-gallon capacity. You will not have to go through any complicated installations or even operating systems with this sand filter pump. Get it today, if you wish to see your pool finally sparkling, and the clean water calling out to you to take a beat and dive in.
Reasons To Buy This:
- The pump uses a voltage of about 115.
- The Sand Filter w/ 1HP Above Ground Swimming Pool Pump has dimensions of about 21 x 25 x 29 inches.
#7 Hayward Pro Series S210T93S 21-Inch Top-Mount Above Ground Pool
We also examined this Hayward Pro Series sand filter. Having used it before, I just had to suggest it to my friend. Hayward brings you a sand filter pump system that is designed to be assembled quickly and lets all the components align precisely as they are required to. My neighbor is the one who recommended this particular sand filter pump mainly because he had noted that it was very energy efficient. The reason behind it was because Hayward’s performance matches all their pumps and filters for that specific purpose. Go ahead and try it out, you will definitely be thanking me later.Reasons To Buy This:
- In case there’s a low-pressure drop, it has a 7 position Variflo valve that will still provide maximum flow.
- The sand filter bases last for long periods of time.
#6 Pro 2400GPH 13″ Sand Filter Above Ground Swimming Pool Pump
By: Best Choice Products
Like the name suggests, Best choice products brings you nothing but among the best the market has to offer. This sand filter pump has been listed by the ETL. This means it meets the applicable standards set for safety. It also has a CSA certification and therefore, you can rest assured that it has been tested and will deliver the services you need it to without fail. The Best Choice Products Pro Sand Filter Above Ground Swimming Pool Pump has thermal protection as well.Reasons To Buy This:
- It has an electric cable that comes connected with a 3 prong plug.
- The sand filter pump also has a strainer basket included with its purchase.
#5 Best Choice Products Pro Above Ground Swimming Pool Pump 4500GPH
By: Best Choice Products
Coming to the fifth position in the list of the best sand filter pump for above ground pools, just like its earlier brother, we found this one worth a purchase as well. Best choice does not fail to deliver, and for that reason, it found its way back to our list again. This particular sand filter pump has a filtration rate of 45000gph and is 19 inches in size. What you will notice when you buy it, is that it will stand the test of time, year in year out. Not only that, it will be consistent and won’t keep you guessing about your pool’s hygiene status.Reasons To Buy This:
- The sand filter pump can operate at a maximum water temperature of 105 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It has a horsepower of about 1.0HP
#4 Intex Krystal Clear 2150 GPH Sand Filter Pump
My friend happens to be a sucker for Intex sand filter pumps, perhaps that’s why he also suggested we check this one out! This sand filter pump brings you a combination of both a sand filter pump and a saltwater system. The saltwater system has E.C.O; this stands for electrocatalytic oxidation. Such systems can cleanse the pool but without any drastic effects as compared to chlorine. The combination of the two systems results in low costs, close to zero maintenance issues and last but not least a safe and comfortable swimming pool.
#3 Sand Master Soft Sided Above Ground Pool Sand Filter System
By: Sand Master
If you have ever gone through the torture of having dealt with sand filter pumps that erode and end up defective over a usually short period, well fear no more. The Sand Master Soft Sided Above Ground Pool Sand Filter System, will not leave you exposed to such experiences again. It is resistant to corrosion and has a one year warranty to back it up. The price itself is economical and won’t leave your pockets hanging dry.
Reasons To Buy This:
- Your purchase will include two hoses that are 1.25 in. X 7.5ft in size.
- Installation is easy and uses a voltage of 115.
#2 Intex 3,000-Gallon Sand Filter Pump
This sand filter pump has a 12-hour timer. Having used a number of the so-called best sand filter pumps, I have to say that this filter pump made an impression on me. If you are interested in it as well, you can get this sand filter pump, as long as your pool is medium-sized, or your spa is as well. You may as well decide to add a pool vacuum attachment, to the included automated skimmer basket and the filter pump, for heavy debris pick up.Reasons To Buy This:
- You get a 2-year warranty when you buy this sand filter pump.
- The sand filter pump’s dimensions are 30.75 x 22.13 x 19.25 inches.
#1 Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump For Above Ground Pools, 16-Inch
Intex takes its position as our top best sand filter pump. It exposes your swimming pool to a whole world of care. This sand filter pump system is 100% guaranteed to re-circulate, backwash, rinse, drain, and close the system besides filtering it. The tank is heavy-duty, and it has a valve that is a 6-way, not to mention that its pump motor has a 75% efficiency rate. The capacity of the pool pump motor is 0.59HP.Reasons To Buy This:
- It comes with two connector hoses that are 1.5 inches in size.
- This best sand filter pump has met the required CSA standards.
- Articles you may like: Tips On How To Choose The Best Ground Swimming Pool Covers
Benefits Of Sand Filter Pumps For Above Ground Pools
- They are low maintenance: Unlike other types of pool filters, sand pump filters can clean themselves. All you need to do is get to the top of the filter and turn the handle to backwash.
- They are time-saving: There will be no dismantling or disassembling of the sand filter pump to clean it.
- They are efficient: They tend to work well and for a considerable period. This is such a front leap for anyone who has been using one of those cheap knockoffs which offer ineffective performance.
Wrapping It Up!
Sand filters are the oldest type of pool filters but are still my recommended means to clean your pool. They are not harsh, and they basically work without too much hustle as compared to the other cleaning systems. Try them out, and you’ll definitely resonate with me!