One of the challenges that come with traveling abroad is the language barrier. Although the language barrier is just one problem, it can create a series of other problems, making your life in foreign country hell. Therefore, to avoid all these hassles, you need to have a portable translator device every time you are going overseas. A translator device translates many different languages, thereby, making communication easy and effective. And since it is portable, a translator device can easily be kept in the pocket, purse, and even wallet for use anywhere, any time. Check out the following top 10 best portable translator devices reviews to know which one you should really spend on.
Table Best Portable Translator Devices
1.Bouth Language Translator Device with Camera Translation Function
Having this gadget every time you are going overseas is a great move. It is a multi-language translator that is portable and supports up to 106 languages. Needless to say, when you have it, the language barrier will not be an issue. You will go everywhere with confidence knowing that language will not block you.
Some of the languages the device translates are Israeli (Hebrew), Chinese (Simplified), Cantonese, English (US), English (Ireland), English (Canada), English (UK), English (Philippines), Cambodia (Khmer), Arabic (United Arab Emirates), Swedish, Hungarian, and more. This device is a 2-in-1 unit in the sense that it works both as a voice translator and a word translator. It is available in two colors, which are White and Black.Key Features
- Portable Design: The device is compact and easy to carry from place to place.
- 2.4” color touchscreen: Displays the text so you can communicate with the other person fast enough.
- Independent noise reduction microphone: It ensures that you communicate clearly even in a not so conducive environment.
- Screen Resolution: The screen resolution is 240 by 320, and this makes it clear enough to read texts easily.
- Battery capacity: With a battery capacity of 1200mAh, the device can work up to 8 hours and when on standby, the battery can last up to 7 days.
- All-new translation technology: Allows the device to accurately input language in a noisy environment.
- Pact and easy to use
- Great for businesspersons
- The device is quick and accurate
- Gives you the confidence to travel abroad
- Lightweight and comes with a neck strap
- You need to connect it to the Internet
2.MORTENTR Smart Voice Translator with 2.4inch HD Touch Screen
The MORTENTR may not support as many languages as some of the highest quality translator devices on the market. But the fact that it supports up to 70 languages means it should not be taken for granted. These languages are Arabic (Iraq), Chinese (Simplified), Spanish (Mexico), Chinese (Traditional), French (France), Russian, Spanish (International), Korean, and more.
The translator is a 2-way device and extremely easy to operate. It comes with a 12-month warranty, which is wonderful, given the price range. As if that’s not enough, the manufacturer promises easy-to-reach and fast customer service. This translator comes in two colors, which are black and white. It is very convenient to use in that you do not need an APP on your mobile phone to operate it. All you need is to connect it to Wi-Fi or Hotspot and you are done.Key Features
- Battery Capacity: It is 1200mAh, and it provides long working hours of 10. And when on standby, it lasts for 7 days.
- Screen size: The screen size is 2.4”, which is large enough for easy viewing.
- Loud and clear speaker: It ensures you do not struggle when communicating.
- High-performance mic: It can recognize your voice in a noisy environment.
- Compact and lightweight design: Makes the translator device easy to carry from place to place.
- Accurate most of the time
- The device has a touchscreen
- Comes with two charger cables
- Very lightweight and easy to travel with
- Easy to connect and use
- It is made of plastic; therefore, you need to be careful when handling it
3.CM Smart Instant Language Translator Device
A good translator should be fast, accurate, and reliable. The CM Smart Instant Language Translator Device has all these qualities, and that’s why it has made it to these reviews. Although it supports 6 popular languages only, this can be expanded up to a total of 42 languages. All you need to do is update to the latest version of the CheetahTALK App and you are good to go.
With it, you will enjoy accurate translation and even laugh and learn. Besides, this translator device gives you a stunning opportunity to make new friends. It is made by Cheetah, which is one of the leading technology companies. So, go ahead and buy it with confidence knowing that you are getting a trusted product for your next adventures.Key Features
- AI translation engine: It offers incredibly accurate and instant translations with an advanced and innovative cloud processing system.
- Superior battery life: It provides long working hours of 2 weeks and on standby mode, it lasts up to 180 days.
- 2-way translation: Allows quicker learning and makes conversations more entertaining.
White color: Improves the aesthetics of the translator device.
- Lightweight construction: It makes it easy to carry the translator device when on the go.
- Easy operation: There is a simple button that when pressed, offers unlimited connections.
- The device works as advertised
- The white color is impressive
- The device is easy to operate
- The AI translation engine is well-thought-out
- The battery life is great
- Small, lightweight, and easy to carry
- Slippery to hold in hand
4.birgus Instant Voice Language Translator Device
The birgus Language Translator Device gets the nod to be here because it is 98-percent accurate both for sentences and words. It works by recognizing what you say and then speaks the translation results loudly. By so doing, this language translator device makes communication a breeze. It comes in two colors to choose from, and these are black and white.
Furthermore, this translator device is extremely easy to operate. You do not need to install an app on your mobile. Instead, all you need to do is to connect it with Wi-Fi and then start using it. It has lots of features that make it reliable plus it comes with a 12-month warranty for peace of mind.Key Features
- Noise-reducing microphone: Makes voice clear and loud, thereby, ensuring easy communication.
- Large battery capacity: It is 1200mAh and provides 8 hours of working time and over 7 days when on standby.
- 2.4” HD touchscreen: It comes in handy when you are talking to someone who cannot hear properly.
- Screen Resolution: The screen resolution is 240*320, which is just fine.
- Compact Size: The dimensions of this product are 144 by 56 by 15mm. This means the device is compact and easy to carry around.
- Slim and fits in the pocket easily
- Easy to use; you do not need to download an app
- The voice is loud, very clear, and easy to understand
- The touchscreen is a bonus
- The battery life is outstanding
- The list of included languages is complete
- It might take some time to learn how to use this device
5.Pulomi TT Easy Trans Smart Language Translator Device
Most people love the Pulomi Translator Device because it does not just work as a voice translator but also it can be used as a wireless Bluetooth speaker that produces a surprisingly clear sound. It supports up to 52 languages, and these are Spanish, English, Chinese, Russian, Hindi, French, German, Afrikaans, Swedish, Finnish, Greek, Turkish, Serb, Ukrainian, and many more.
Using this language translator device is extremely easy. All you need to do is connect the translator to the mobile via Bluetooth; search for “TT fayou” in APP Store if you are using iPhone and Google play if you are using Android. Once you are done, enter the App and then wait for the top of the interface to turn green.Key Features
- Three modes: They make the translator very convenient to use. They include single-machine mode, manual dual machine mode, and automatic dual machine mode.
- Super mini design: It makes it easy to slip the translator device into your pocket or wallet.
- High-sensitivity and fidelity speaker: Enables the translator device to be loud enough for clear communication.
- 1-year warranty: Protects against defects in workmanship and materials.
- User Manual: Provides directions on how to use the translator device.
- Battery: It delivers up to 24 working hours and on standby, it lasts up to 7 days.
- Great for learning more words in other languages
- Very easy to operate
- Perfect for when you are in a foreign country
- You do not need to type anything
- The three modes are a huge plus
- The strap to hang the device around the neck could be of better quality
6.birgus Language Translator Device with Camera Translation
With an accuracy rate of 98-percent, the birgus Language Translator Device is worth investing in. It will hardly disappoint you because it is built to be reliable and an invaluable tool in a foreign land. It offers an online 2-way translation in a second; making sure you are able to communicate much faster.
What’s more, this translator device supports up to 106 languages. And the photo translation supports up to 44 languages. Some of these are Vietnamese, Indonesian, Turkish, Urdu, Hungarian, English, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, and more. It encourages face to face translation, given that it delivers a response within 0.2s. You do not need to worry a lot about language every time you are traveling abroad – not when this device is on the market.Key Features
- 5 million pixels: They combine with Character Recognition (OCR) Camera to support up to 44 languages.
- Super mini design: It features a round touchscreen design and small volume. It makes the translator device very easy to carry.
- Lightweight construction: The device is not heavy, and this further improves its portability.
- 2.4” color touchscreen: Displays text, thereby, ensuring much easier communication.
- Color options: The device is available in two colors – white and black.
- AI function: It is an intelligent function that further makes the device easy to use.
- The size is pretty handy
- Displays large texts so the elderly can have no issues using it
- The 2-way instant voice translator is very accurate
- Can translate up to 106 languages
- Makes a great gift for those who travel abroad a lot
- The product may arrive defective, but both the seller and the manufacturer are understanding
7.TESIYI Mini AI Translator Device with Camera Translation
Communication is key if you want to enjoy your time overseas. That’s why you should consider spending some money on a portable translator device. Well, one of these devices is the TESIYI AI Translator Device. It is a professional and stylishly designed translator that is accepted worldwide. Having said that, do not expect this translator device to disappoint.
Its dimensions are 123 by 57 by 12.5mm, and it weighs 89.3 grams. This means the translator device is very easy to carry since it is both compact and lightweight. You can quickly slip it into your wallet, purse, or pocket. The translator device supports up to 106 languages, which is great. It comes with an English manual and USB cable to make sure you have a complete package.Key Features
- Built-in 5 million pixels and OCR Camera: They enable the translator device to deliver results very fast.
- Lifetime system update: The manufacturer offers this kind of service to ensure 100-percent user satisfaction.
- 12-month warranty: Protects against original defects for 12 months from the date of purchase.
- 30-day money-back guarantee: Gives you peace of mind knowing that you can return the product if you do not like it.
- Three functions: They include language translation, photo translation, and recording translation.
- Battery capacity: It is 1200mAh and delivers a working time of up to 10 hours.
- Accurate and easy to use
- Great for businesses that deal with clients who don’t speak English
- Solves cross-linguistic communication problem
- Perfect for studying abroad and traveling
- Very useful and convenient
- The letter spacing could be larger
8.Pocketalk Language Translator Device
Pocketalk has designed this language translator device to help you when you travel to a foreign country. The translator can easily translate up to 74 languages, and it is relevant in up to 128 countries. These include Australia, Vietnam, Argentina, Brazil, Kenya, Germany, France, Saudi Arabia, UL, Korea, Spain, and more. The dimensions of this translator are 5.9 by 3.7 by 1.8 inches. This means you can easily carry it and use it anywhere, anytime.
It uses a personal hotspot, mobile data or Wi-Fi to offer foreign language translations in real-time. Besides, this translator device is extremely easy to use. All you need to do is to press and hold the button while you speak. When done, let go of the button and then listen to this portable translator device do its thing.Key Features
- Compact size: It makes this translator device easy to carry. Simply put it in your pocket or purse and then carry it anywhere you want.
- Built-in data plan: Allows you to access the Internet anywhere a cellular signal is available.
- Noise-canceling dual microphone: Ensures you are able to communicate effectively even in a noisy environment.
- Intuitive Touchscreen: Makes the translator device very convenient and easy to use.
- 3 different color options: They include gold, white, and black. They ensure there is something for everyone.
- Does not need an app to work
- The device translates quickly
- Ideal for learning new words
- Translates long sentences well
- Very simple to use
- The streamlined design makes the device slip easily into a purse
- Slow when the network is not strong, but this is expected
9.JOYSAE Language Translator Device
If you have ever traveled abroad, you know what it means not to be understood. That’s why we advise that you go for the JOYSAE Language Translator Device. It is a 2-way voice translator designed to make you comfortable and confident every time you have traveled overseas. It delivers accurate translations and gives you the freedom to travel anywhere knowing that an issue like a language barrier is not something to worry about.
The translator device is accepted in 128 countries. These include the UK, Brazil, Kenya, Argentina, Australia, Saudi Arabia, Vietnam, Mexico, New Zealand, Israel, etc. It comes with a user manual and a Type-C charging cable. Moreover, this device supports up to 83 languages, which are more than you need.Key Features
- 2.4-inch screen: Displays content and is large enough so you can read it easily.
- Large battery capacity: The battery capacity is 1500mAh and lasts over 3 days when the device is in standby mode.
- Portable design: Makes the translator device ideal for traveling, meeting, shopping, entertainment, learning foreign languages, and friend-making.
- 12-month warranty: Gives peace of mind during purchase knowing that the manufacturer fully stands behind the product.
- Easy-to-reach customer service: They solve problems within 12 hours to ensure full satisfaction.
- User manual: It provides directions on how to use the translator device.
- User-friendly and has a touchscreen
- The offline mode is a great feature
- Has both audio-recording translation and photo-translation tool
- The price is hard to beat
- The device has several good features
- The overall quality of the device is good
- Could work better when in offline mode
10.ili – Instant Offline Language Translator Device
Finding Wi-Fi to operate your translator device can be a real pain. That’s why we are more than happy to note that ili – Translator Device does not Wi-Fi to work. It is a super convenient device that you can use anywhere at any time. It is designed for one-way translation and allows for quick communication. That being said, you will be able to use it for nearly all activities, including shopping, dining or navigating.
It supports 3 languages; meaning it can translate from English to Japanese, Chinese or Spanish. Nonetheless, it is crucial to note that this translator device does not translate from Japanese, Chinese, or Spanish to English. More than 70,000 travelers have used this device for their travels. Therefore, we are certain that you will find it useful.Key Features
- Quick response: The device delivers results within 0.2s.
- Wi-Fi free technology: Eliminates the need to use Wi-Fi when using the device.
- The number of languages supported: The device supports 3 languages. It translates from English to Mandarin, Spanish or Japanese.
- White finish: It improves the aesthetics of the translator device.
- Lightweight construction: The device weighs just 1.44 ounces, and, therefore, it’s very easy to carry from place to place.
- Compact size: Measuring 6.3 by 3.9 by 1.2 inches, this device is compact enough to fit anywhere.
- Holds a charge for a fairly long time
- Very light; hence, easy to carry
- The design looks beautiful
- Reliable and works very fast
- The button feedback is nice and feels high quality
- It would be nice if the device has a feature to translate back
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Portable Translator Device
Our buyer’s guide brings you the following factors to further make it easier finding a suitable model of translator device.
The Number of Language Supported
Choosing a portable translator device that supports several languages is very important. This is because such a device will give you the freedom to travel to any part of the world. So, make sure your device can support as many languages as possible.
Your portable translator device should be at least 90-percent accurate. This is because highly accurate translate devices are less likely to deliver misleading results. In other words, they make communication much easier than those devices that are less accurate.
The battery life of your translator should be impressive. Well, impressive battery life is one that provides a working time up to at least 8 hours. It also lasts longer when the translator device is on a standby mode.
Go for a translator device with large screen. Large screens are easy to read because they display large texts that can be seen even from a distance. That being said, they make devices extremely easy to use.
The last thing you want when you travel abroad is not to be understood. Ideally, learning the language of the country you plan to visit is usually not recommended because it is costly and time-consuming, especially if you have no plans of staying there longer. Well, it is for these reasons you should consider a portable translator device.