Those who think that a portable fire pit is a great alternative to a traditional fire pit are on the right track. Traditional fire pits are heavy, hard to clean, and always produce a lot of smoke, which tends to engulf your perfume. This is not the case with portable fire pits. They are modern and very easy to use. Moreover, they are compact and lightweight; hence, you can carry them easily to a camping adventure or picnic. Storing these fire pits is also an easy task. Nonetheless, not every portable fire pit on the market will meet your needs. Therefore, you need to go through the following top 10 best portable fire pits reviews before deciding what to buy.
Table Best Portable Fire Pits
1. Landmann Big Sky Stars and Moons Firepit (28345)
This fire pit is designed to fit both small and big backyards. It has a 12.5-inch deep firebowl that contains enough firewood to keep you and your family or friends warm for hours. What’s more, this fire pit boasts sturdy steel construction that stands up to elements. Plus it has moon and star cutouts to help improve its aesthetics. The fire pit also comes with a huge 37-inch poker to make sure you have an easy time handling it for an endless supply of warmth. Another feature that makes this fire pit one of the best is the full circle handle that combines with the safety ring to make transportation a breeze. Landmann has been producing fire pits, charcoal grills, smokers, fireplace grates, and storage logs for more than half a century.
- Makes a nice addition to an outdoor space
- The price is pocket-friendly
- Comes with a spark screen, cooking grate, and poker
- The look and feel of it is heavy
- Has a great size
- A little difficult to put together
2. Outland Living 893 Outdoor Portable Propane Gas Fire Pit
This propane gas fire pit has made it to this list because it will spare you the hassle of having to deal with dirty ash, bothersome smoke, and expensive firewood. It is portable, and this makes it excellent for camping, RV, tailgating, beach parties, and family evenings on the backyard patio. Furthermore, this portable fire pit is easy to set up with no tools needed. This means, in minutes, you will have it ready for use. The fire pit measures 19 inches long by 19 inches wide by 11 inches high and delivers a total output of 58,000 BTUs per hour. It is CSA approved, and this means it is of good quality as well as safe to use anywhere at any time. Ideally, this fire pit comes with a cover, a carry kit, and a pre-attached 10ft hose.
- Arrives quickly with no damage
- Compact and great for camping
- Easy to store when not in use
- Holds up well to frequent use
- No blowing embers to be concerned about
- Would be better if it came with instructions on how to use it
3. AmazonBasics 23.5 Inch Steel Lattice Fire Pit
AmazonBasics is a nice brand because it provides us with everyday items at no inflated prices. One of these items is the 23.5-inch steel lattice fire pit that has all the great features, which make a portable fire pit the best. One of these features is a large 23-1/2” fire bowl that contains enough firewood to make sure you are supplied with optimum warmth all through. Another feature is the sturdy steel construction, which shows that this fire pit is built to last. Besides, the fire pit comes with a fire poker and a spark screen for safety. It is an excellent portable fire pit that offers 360 degrees viewing of the fire. It is highly rated, and it measures 27.8 by 25.3 by 25.8 inches. Needless to say, it is a top-performing, compact fire pit.
- The size is good
- Easy to carry even when it has a bag of sand in the bottom
- Cutouts ensure a perfect airflow
- Comes quickly and is easy to put together
- The long poker is a bonus
- The pit rusts quite fast, but you can have it repainted with a high-heat coat
4. Fire Sense 29-Inch Folding Fire Pit
This is a go-anywhere fire pit you should consider if you want a reliable fire pit for use during camping. It has a collapsible, compact, and ultra-portable design, making it very convenient to use. You can easily stash it in the RV or stow it in the trunk. The best part is that the portable design does not make it limited in features. The fire pit comes complete with all the essentials, including a screen lift tool, fuel grate, spark screen, and cooking grate. You will not lack anything when you have it. Moreover, this fire pit comes with a vinyl carry bag to further make it easy to carry around. The fire pit is also built to last, and it makes a great gift for a loved one.
- The design of the fire pit is thoughtful
- The tool for removing the grate is a nice addition
- The legs offer sufficient stability
- Legs fold very easily
- The items included seem to be well made
- Rusts pretty easily; therefore, make sure you keep it dry
5. Rootless Large Portable Outdoor Fire Pit
In these reviews, we promised you the best outdoor fire pits only. That being said, the Rootless Large Portable Outdoor Fire Pit makes the cut because it is unique and innovative. It offers a complete fire pit experience while offering superior quality and portability. Talking of portability; this fire pit is great for camping trips, picnics, and other outdoor adventures. To be portable, the fire pit boasts folding legs and a rollable stainless steel net. It also comes with a carrying bag that makes it easy to store away when not in use. When assembled, the fire pit measures 22 inches long by 22 inches wide by 12.6 inches high, and it weighs 2.25 pounds only. And when folded up, it measures 25.6 by 2.5 by 2.5 inches. You do not need tools to assemble it.
- Very sturdy and works as advertised
- Has 4 legs and is very stable
- Easy to clean up
- The price is great
- Easy to fold up and set up
- A bit smaller than expected, but this is for ultra-portable performance
6. Campfire Defender Protect Preserve Pop-Up Fire Pit
Truth be told; traditional fire pits are heavy, smoky, and dirty. Worst of all, they tend to leave permanent, hideous spots on earth. That’s why, if you love fire pits, you should go for a modern unit like the Pop-Up Fire Pit by Campfire Defender Protect. It weighs 8 pounds only, and this means it is very easy to carry. In addition, this portable fire pit takes just 60 seconds to set up, and it cools down in 90 seconds only. It is made of rust-proof materials, which is really great, considering that most portable fire pits rust pretty fast. When not in use, this fire pit can be folded up and carried quickly and easily to the next destination or stored effortlessly in even the tightest places.
- Simple and works very well
- Holds more wood than anticipated
- The fire pit is almost smokeless
- Does not seem to leave any ashes on the ground
- Packs down like a folding chair
- Very easy to set up
- The heat shield could be more durable
7. HY-C FG-16 Flame Genie Portable Smoke-Free Fire Pit
This smoke-free fire pit produces a mesmerizing flame that will certainly be the top of discussion every time you and your family or friends gather around to keep warm. The fire pit is one of the best because of the features it is equipped with. For instance, it has a gravitational afterburner system that is unique and generates longer burn times without sparks or smoke. Best of all, this portable fire pit does not require vigorous cleaning like traditional units. It burns wood pellets that produce minimal ash, thereby, making cleanup a breeze. The black powder coat paint finish makes this fire pit durable and capable of standing up to adverse outdoor conditions. The bottom nests on top to make the fire pit easy to transport and store. This fire pit is available in two colors (black and stainless steel) to choose from.
- Produces hot fire with an amazing appearance
- A perfect alternative to a traditional wood fire pit
- The flame distribution is perfect
- The fire pit is pretty light in weight
- Very easy to clean
- There is a steep learning curve to keeping the fire going for a long time
8. UCO Flatpack Portable Grill and Fire Pit
Not so many manufacturers go beyond providing a guarantee for a full refund or replacement in the event that you are unhappy with what you have just bought. That being said, we are excited to note that the manufacturer of this fire pit offers a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty. As if that’s not enough, the manufacturer has designed this fire pit with versatility in mind. Needless to say, the fire pit can also be used as a grill. It is available in two sizes (mini and regular) to make sure there is something for everyone. Ideally, this fire pit has a stable base to make grilling safer than ever before. It is easy to transport and perfect for the beach, barbecue, and campsite. Plus this fire pit is built with stainless steel construction to provide corrosion and rust resistance.
- It is a great alternative to gas campfires in a can
- Packs down very small
- Can easily be carried in a purse or backpack
- The weight and size are perfect
- Directions are in 6 different languages
- The mini is really small
9. Bessemer 28” Patio Fireplace (01471)
Most portable fire pits hardly weigh more than 10 pounds, but this is because they are designed to be portable. The Bessemer 01471 weighs 30 pounds, but this should not make you pass it. This is because it is heavy, and, therefore, well built with quality materials only. This fireplace is also well-sized, as it measures 28 inches wide by 45.7 inches high. It features a porcelain enamel bowl and lid to ensure unrivaled corrosion resistance and hassle-free cleanup. The fireplace also has a large single door to allow for easy refueling, roasting, and cleaning. The domed top does not push heat outward. Instead, it pushes it straight up to make get-togethers warmer and more memorable. Furthermore, this fire pit has two screens to further improve its performance. It also has large wheels to make it easy to move from one place to another.
- Looks nice and works well
- Insanely easy to put together
- Easy to move into the backyard for storage
- The fireplace is larger than expected
- The price is reasonable
- Not the sturdiest
10. Catalina Creations 29.5” Crossfire Fire Pit
When Catalina Creations tell you that this crossfire fire pit is one of the sturdiest on the market, they mean it. The heavy-duty gauge steel and mesh cauldron are treated with high-temperature paint so the whole crossfire fire pit can last longer. Besides, this fire pit is well-sized and easy to handle. It measures 29.5 inches wide by 23 inches tall to make sure you are not stranded when it comes to storing it or transporting it. Plus this portable fire pit has a great weight. It weighs just 22 pounds, which definitely is not the lightest, but again, not so heavy to compromise portability. The design of the fire pit is attractive and can even be a conversation starter. Moreover, this fire pit comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty for worry-free buying.
- Lightweight and easy to move around
- Sturdy and fits the patio perfectly
- The grilling rack is an excellent feature
- Very easy to assemble
- Customer support is outstanding
- It is a bit tricky to put the screen on while the grill is in place
Keeping warm on a camping trip is crucial. However, sometimes it gets so cold that your camping apparel cannot just help. That’s where a portable fire pit comes into play. These units can easily be carried to a camping adventure for an endless supply of warmth and comfort. In these reviews, we have discussed them so you can precisely know what to choose.