Are you an engineering student? Then, you must purchase a proper laptop for your study. Various options are available in the market today.
However, you should opt for only the most suitable laptop, as per your stream. You will get to know about the top eight laptops in the list below and find out the most appropriate option, as per your budget.
As an engineering student, you must opt for a powerful, feature-rich laptop. The device must feature the best-in-class graphics. As a result, you can run complicated applications and critical tasks on it.
Moreover, you must not sacrifice the flexibility. Thus, you can relax in your spare time with this laptop by having some entertainment dose.
A number of engineering students want to have a feature-loaded yet easy-to-handle laptop. Do you belong to the same group? Then, you can further narrow down your preferences.
Are you a computer, software, electrical, and software engineer? Then, you do not need to opt for a laptop with top-notch performance.
Are you a Civil, Aeronautical, Aerospace, or Mechanical engineer? Then, you must operate 3D software on your system without any troubles. Your laptop must comprise of 8GB memory, i5 processor, a separate GPU.
- Surface Pro 6 comes with Intel Core i5-8250U (1.6GHz) as the processor.
- When it comes to the graphic, Surface Pro 6 features Intel UHD Graphics 620.
- The screen is of 12.3-inch along with the PixelSense display of 2,736 x 1,824. It comes with the contrast ratio of 1,500:1. Moreover, the aspect ratio is 3:2.
- It comes with the storage capacity of 256GB SSD and the RAM of 8GB DDR3.
- It comes with more than 11 hours of battery life.
- It weighs 1.7 pounds.
Are you looking for a portable laptop? Then, you consider purchasing the Surface Pro 6.
It is an ideal laptop for Computer, Electrical, Software, and Chemical Engineering. You can run Civil 3D, SolidWorks, ANSYS, etc assignments and projects (undergraduate) on this system.
Surface Pro 6 can operate a number of engineering software. In a nutshell, it is a powerful device. You can also configure the laptop, as per your budget. Whatever engineering stream you are from, you should opt for a system with 8GB of RAM.
The device comes with 1.7lb of weight along with the long battery life of 11 hours. Due to the lightweight feature, you can carry this laptop anywhere.
- Surface Pro 6 can replace the school supplies, such as textbooks, highlighters, pens, notebooks, eraser, etc.
- Surface Pro 6 features quad-core processing.
- It comes with a brilliant new color option.
- Its battery life is amazing.
- Surface Pro 6 doesn’t have a separate graphics card. And if you are looking for running CAD software on your laptop, it can be a problem with this laptop.
- It does not have USB-C ports.
- Surface Book 2 comes with 15-inch of the display along with 3240 x 2160 and 260 PPI.
- The RAM of the system is 16GB.
- What is the processor of Surface Book 2? It is Intel Quad-Core i7-8650U (Eighth Generation) along with 4.2GHz “max turbo.”
- The measurement of the system is (13.5 x 9.87 x 0.9) inches.
- When it comes to the RAM, it is 16GB.
- It weighs 3.62lb and the battery life is 17 hours.
- Surface Book 2 is equipped with 13.5” Pixel Sense of (3000×2000).
Surface Book 2 is an ideal laptop for Computer, Software, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Chemical, and Aerospace & Aeronautical Engineers.
Are you a 3D Engineer? Yes? Don’t you want to make use of the computer labs frequently? Then, you can opt for this laptop.
You can accompany it with a 1TB of SSD for storage as well as 16GB DDR4 RAM. Surface Book 2 enables you to receive a docking station. That means it is possible to perform with an external display.
- Surface Book 2 comes with USB Type-C port.
- Its case is of top-notch quality.
- The system offers a brilliant battery life.
- The design of this laptop is awe-inspiring.
- The trackpad and keyboard of Surface Book 2 are brilliant
- Its input devices are convenient.
- It can perform almost everything.
- You will also enjoy it while operating as a tablet.
- It comes with a fanless design.
- This laptop shows satisfactory performance in entry-level gaming.
- Surface Book 2 comes as a costly device.
- It is somewhat a heavy laptop.
- It does not have Thunderbolt 3.
- This laptop does not have any Surface Pen.
- Dell XPS 13 comes with Intel Core i7-8565U (1.8GHz) as the processor.
- What about the RAM? It is 16GB DDR3, comes with 2,133MHz.
- When it comes to graphics of this laptop, it is Intel UHD Graphics 620.
- The storage capacity of Dell XPS 13 is 1TB PCIe SSD.
- It comes with 13.3-inch of Ultra HD screen.
- The battery life of the system is 13 hours.
- The laptop weighs 2.7 pounds or 1.23kg.
Dell XPS 13 is a suitable device for Computer, Chemical, Electrical, and Software Engineers.
Don’t you want a convertible laptop? Then, Dell XPS 13 can be an ideal option for you. You can configure this device, according to your budget.
- Dell XPS 13 has significant battery life.
- This laptop comes with an option for the new Frost color.
- It features updated processors.
- Updates are not enough.
- Asus ZenBook comes with Intel Core M3-6Y30 (900MHz) as the processor.
- When it comes to graphics, the laptop uses Intel HD Graphics 515.
- The battery life is 11 hours.
- The storage capacity is 256GB SSD of M.2 2280.
- Integrated 802.11ac is there for the connection in the laptop.
- It features 13.3-inch of the screen along with (1,920 x 1,080) IPS display.
- Are you wondering about the camera? It is 2MP of HD webcam.
- It comes with a weight of 2.6 pounds.
- What is the RAM of Asus ZenBook? It is 8GB of DDR3L.
Are you looking for an affordable laptop? Then, you can opt for the Asus ZenBook. It is an ideal laptop for Computer, Software, Chemical, and Electrical engineers. It offers top-notch SSD.
The laptop features a brilliant matte finish. As a result, you can work on this laptop for long durations with the ease.
- Asus ZenBook comes with amazing battery life.
- The SSD of this laptop is of top-notch quality.
- It can be turned on/off within three seconds only. Moreover, it is also possible to start any software on this laptop at once.
- The laptop does not feature any GPU. However, if you are an aerospace, civil, or mechanical engineer, you might need it.
- Acer Aspire E15 E5-576G comes with the display size of 15.60-inch.
- This laptop does not have ant touchscreen.
- The display resolution of Acer Aspire E15 E5-576G is (1920×1080) pixels.
- What is the processor inside? It runs on Processor Core i7.
- It features with 8GB of RAM.
- What is the Operating System in this laptop? It is Windows 10 Home.
- Acer Aspire E15 E5-576G comes with the battery life of 11 hours.
- It comes with the SSD of 256GB and a weight of 2.39 kg.
- The system does not have any hard disk.
Are you looking for a laptop to run 3D CAD/CAE software only? Then, Acer Aspire E15 E5-576G is an ideal option for you. It comes at a budget-friendly price but its processor features a top-notch clock speed of 3.4GHz.
Acer Aspire E15 E5-576G is an ideal option for Computer, Software, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Aerospace & Aeronautical, and Chemical engineers.
- The battery life of Acer Aspire E15 E5-576G is long enough.
- It comes with a comfortable keyboard.
- The laptop features an optical drive.
- It is comparatively budget-friendly.
- Acer Aspire E15 E5-576G is a heavy laptop.
- It comes with a dull display.
- Acer Aspire E15 E5-575 comes with the processor of Intel Core i3-8130U 81.
- It features 4GB of RAM.
- The laptop features the GPU of Intel UHD Graphics 620 158.
- Plastic is used to manufacture the body.
- The system is equipped with 128GB of SSD.
- Acer Aspire E15 E5-575 comes with 15” of TN full HD 1080p.
- It weighs 5.3lb.
- The battery life of the laptop is 10 hours.
Acer Aspire E15 E5-575 comes with a dual-core processor. However, it features 3.4GHz of clock speed and it is of 8th generation. The laptop features 6GB of RAM. And it is enough for most of the engineers excluding the CAD software user. It is an ideal option for Computer, Software, Chemical, and Electrical engineers.
- Acer Aspire E15 E5-575 comes with a brilliant display.
- It has a long battery life, thanks to the Intel Core i3 processor. It does not make use of much power.
- It is a budget-friendly laptop.
- Acer Aspire E15 E5-575 is a heavyweight laptop. However, if you are looking for an affordable yet feature-rich laptop, you should overlook the weight.
- Lenovo ThinkPad E580 features 15.60-inch of the display.
- It comes with the RAM of 16GB.
- The laptop is equipped with 1366×768 pixels of display resolution.
- It does not come with a hard disk.
- It features 512GB of SSD.
- When it comes to graphics, Lenovo ThinkPad E580 features Intel HD Graphics 620.
- It offers the battery life of 10 hours and it weighs 4.7lb.
- What is the processor in Lenovo ThinkPad E580? It is Core i5-7200 U 3.1 GHz.
Lenovo ThinkPad E580 is a suitable laptop for Computer, Electrical, Software, and Chemical engineers. The processor of the device comes with satisfactory clock speed.
- It is a budget-friendly laptop.
- The battery life is amazing.
- Lenovo ThinkPad E580 does not have great portability.
- What is the processor? It is Intel Xeon E3-1505M v5 4 cores.
- Lenovo ThinkPad P50 comes with 256 GB of SSD (M.2).
- It features the battery life of 13 hours.
- You would get 15” of full HD IPS.
- Lenovo ThinkPad P50 comes with Intel HD 530 integrated graphics.
- It weighs 6lb.
Lenovo ThinkPad P50 is an ideal workstation for Engineering as well as Rendering. If you are about to run CAD/CAE software on your laptop, you can consider purchasing this laptop. It is also an affordable laptop.
- Lenovo ThinkPad P50 features a brilliant workstation graphics card.
- It features brilliant 4K display along with a great color calibrator.
- It shows fast performance.
- The laptop is equipped with a superlative keyboard.
- The system shows decent game performance.
- Lenovo ThinkPad P50 is a heavy device.
- It does not come with the RAID support.
- Wrapping Up
You’ve seen our knee pillow reviews, so now let’s look at how to choose the right option for you. This knee pillow buying guide will take a look at why you might want to get a knee pillow to improve your sleep, as well as analyzing and highlighting the various factors and features to consider in order to choose the best pillow.