Are you looking for a good Korean face mask to combat skin issues?
Using a face mask regularly can help you get flawless skin as these masks hydrate the skin and nourish it to reduce early signs of aging and improve the skin texture. Korean skincare products are famous for the ingredients which they use in their products. The sheet masks and tub masks from the Korean skincare brands are great for getting soft and plump skin easily. We have compiled a list of ten best Korean face masks for you to try out and get beautiful skin:
Editor Pick Best Korean Face Masks
Table could not be displayed.
Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask
Made with carbonated water and clay, this carbonated face mask is a great product to remove blackheads and detoxify the skin. It cleans the pores effectively and works best for dry to medium skin. The texture of the mask is smooth and it forms tiny bubbles and extracts the dirt out of the pores. The other ingredients include green tea extracts, aloe vera, matcha powder, pomegranate extract, charcoal powder, cinnamon extracts and many other botanical extracts. The packaging is easy to use and the price is moderate.PROS:
- The bubble texture of the mask melts the dirt from the pores and leaves the skin clean and soft.
- The mask comes in a tub packaging which is hygienic and easy to use.
- The charcoal extracts also detoxify the skin and prevent acne.
- Aloe vera reduces inflammation and soothes the skin with regular use.
- The mask can be a little strong for sensitive skin and should be used carefully.
- The price of the mask is a bit high as compared to its quantity.
What we like about it:This bubbling mask cleans the skin effectively and works well in reducing the pore size. The charcoal and the matcha tea extracts detoxify the pores and leave them squeaky clean.
TONYMOLY I’m Real Mask Sheet
If you are a fan of sheet masks, this sheet mask set from Tony Moly is a perfect investment. Each set contains a total of 11 sheet masks made up of tomato, aloe, avocado, rice, lemon, broccoli, seaweed, tea tree, red wine, Makgeoli, and pomegranate extracts. Each mask is drenched in serum and can be used once and targets different skin concerns. The masks are easy to use and are quite affordable as compared to other face masks.PROS:
- The set contains all types of masks infused with natural serums for every skin concern.
- The price of the mask kit is quite affordable as compared to the quality.
- The sheet masks come with a soothing fragrance and are suitable for all skin types.
- It only takes a few minutes for the masks to show results so they can be used for any special occasion.
- The masks do not solve severe skin concerns like acne or dark spots.
- Few of the masks have a very strong fragrance according to some users.
What we like about it:This sheet mask set is perfect for trying out sheet masks made up of different natural extracts as the price is great and the masks are very good for the skin.
Dermal Korea Collagen Essence Full Face Facial Mask Sheet
Snail extract is a popular ingredient in Korean skincare products and this sheet mask contains aloe vera, snail secretion filtrate, and other beneficial ingredients to give you a healthy and beautiful skin. Each pack contains ten sheet masks. The mask hydrates the skin well and controls premature signs of aging also. It has a light soothing scent and leaves the skin feeling fresh and nourished. The mask works well on dry-combination skin. The price is affordable.PROS:
- It is suitable for dry to combination skin and hydrates the skin well.
- The snail extract repairs early sign of aging and aloe vera reduces dryness.
- These masks come in a pack of ten and are quite affordable.
- The fragrance of the mask does not irritate the skin.
- The snail extract might not be preferred by some users who like natural scents.
- The size of the mask is quite big so it does not fit the face properly.
What we like about it:Snail extracts are very effective for combating signs of aging and this snail sheet mask is a great pick for matured skin to get rid of wrinkles and fine lines.
Kisskin Anti-Aging Korean Face Mask
If you are looking for a face mask to target signs of aging and sun damage, this plant-based sheet mask from Kisskin is rich in vitamin C and is specially made for mature skin. It is suitable for all types of skin and has a gel texture. The mask also contains exfoliating ingredients like pearl powder and diamond apart from other ingredients like green tea, aloe vera, rose, and sea kelp. The price of the mask is really high but the results make it worth it.PROS:
- Vitamin C extracts reduce dullness and help to fade dark spots.
- The mask is suitable for mature skin and offers a lot of anti-aging benefits.
- The pearl extracts gently exfoliate the skin and remove dead skin cells.
- The natural extracts used to make the mask also reduce sun damage and prevent tanning.
- The price of the mask is very high as compared to other sheet masks.
- It is not suitable for very sensitive skin as the pearl and diamond extracts can cause redness and itchiness.
What we like about it:This sheet mask fights signs of aging like wrinkles, fine lines, and dark spots to give you a youthful and radiant skin. The hydrogel texture makes the cools the skin and soothes inflammation.
Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask
Innisfree is a well-known Korean skincare brand which is famous for its masks and moisturizers. This super volcanic pore clay mask from the brand contains volcanic ash which absorbs excess oil and sebum from the skin and exfoliates it. It comes in a tub packaging which is compact and easy to use. It works well in controlling acne breakouts too. It can be used on sensitive skin also as the formula is very gentle. The price is moderate as compared to the quantity.PROS:
- The volcanic ash controls acne breakouts and cleans the pores thoroughly.
- It is good for normal to oily skin as it controls excess oil and sebum production also.
- The tub packaging is convenient to use and is quite travel-friendly.
- It is suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin.
- The mask is a bit difficult to rinse as it dries out quickly.
- It can leave the skin a little dry as the clay absorbs all the moisture.
What we like about it:The volcanic ash used in this mask works well in deep cleansing your skin and controls excess oil too. The consistency of the mask is perfect for all skin types.
Teatree Care Solution Essential Mask
Tea tree extracts are known to control acne and detoxify the skin and these sheet masks are a great way to introduce your skin to the multiple benefits of tea tree extracts. The pack contains ten cellulose-silk sheet masks which contain tea tree leaf oil, pine needle, and other botanical extracts which control sebum production and remove dirt and blackheads clogged in the pores. The price is affordable for a pack of ten masks.PROS:
- The mask contains tea tree oil which controls acne and detoxifies the skin.
- Cellulose is soft on the skin and does not cause rashes.
- Regular use of this mask reduces blackheads and clogged pores.
- Comes in a pack of ten at an affordable price.
- Tea tree oil can be a little strong for sensitive skin and can cause dryness.
- The mask has a pungent fragrance which can be irritating.
What we like about it:This sheet mask contains botanical extracts which nourish the skin and hydrate it without making it feel oily. The tea tree extracts control sebum and oil to help reduce acne breakouts effectively.
BENTON Snail Bee High content Sheet Mask Pack
If you are looking for a face mask which brightens the skin and makes it look radiant, this snail bee face mask from Benton is a good option to consider. It contains bee venom, snail secretions, and various other natural extracts which nourish the skin and reverse damages caused by environmental factors. It also has skin-soothing properties and repairs wrinkles. The skin feels tighter and smooth after each use. Each pack contains 10 sheet masks. The price is a little higher as compared to other sheet masks sets.PROS:
- The mask makes the skin feel tighter and brighter with each use.
- Bee venom helps to reduce wrinkles and enhances the cell renewal process.
- Each pack contains ten sheet masks which are quite easy to use and come in travel-friendly packaging.
- The size of the sheet mask is suits most face sizes and does not wrinkle.
- The mask can leave a tingling sensation on the skin because of the bee venom.
- The price of the mask set is higher than other sheet masks available in the market.
What we like about it:The bee venom and the snail extracts present in this sheet mask make the skin feel and look plump and healthy. The mask is easy to use and gives great results.
Grace & Stella DePuffing + Energizing Golden Powder Gel Collagen Facial Masks
Collagen is one of the most beneficial ingredients for the skin and this collagen face mask claims to energize your skin and give it an anti-aging boost. Each pack contains 6 anti-wrinkle energizing facial masks which contain nano-active gold particles, fish collagen, rose oil, hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, and oat peptides which rejuvenate the skin and hydrate it. The mask provides a cooling sensation to the skin. The price is moderate and the expensive ingredients make the mask worth the high price.PROS:
- It Contains nano-gold particles which make the skin look radiant.
- The mask set comes in a luxurious packaging which contains 6 individually packed face masks.
- The mask leaves a cooling sensation on the skin and is perfect for summers.
- The ingredients of the mask offer multiple benefits for the skin.
- The sheet mask contains excess serum which drips off the face.
- The price of the mask set is relatively higher than other Korean sheet masks.
What we like about it:Collagen and gold particles are good for delaying signs of aging and this mask from Grace and Stella is the perfect pick-me-up for dull and tired skin.
Check Video Review
Laneige Water Sleeping Mask
Laneige is a luxury Korean skincare brand and this mask from the brand is a bestseller. It is a sleeping mask which needs to be applied before sleeping before rinsing it in the morning. The mask is rich in aromatic essences which soothe the skin and make it look luminous and healthier after every use. It also contains snow water which freshens the skin. The gel-like consistency makes the mask easy to apply. The price is high for the quantity but the multiple skin benefits of this mask make it a steal at this price.PROS:
- The consistency of the mask is very light and soothing and it gets absorbed into the skin really quickly.
- The mask is suitable for all skin types and the quantity is good for the price.
- It does not feel sticky or wet and you can sleep comfortably with the mask.
- Aromatic essences give a very soothing fragrance to the mask which helps you sleep better.
- The price of the mask is high as it contains expensive ingredients.
- The mask is not very hydrating for very dry skin so you need to follow up with a good moisturizer.
What we like about it:The formula and the consistency of this mask are very refreshing and the jar packaging is very easy to use. The results of this mask on the skin are extraordinary.
Check Video Review
Vita Lightbeam Essential Mask
Enriched with vitamin C, this light beam mask from Vita is designed to make the skin look brighter and luminous. The extracts used in this face mask control the production of melanin in the skin resulting in a whiter and brighter skin. The mask also contains witch hazel extracts and castor oil which reduce blemishes and dark spots. It has a fresh citrus fragrance which refreshes the skin. The price is moderate.PROS:
- The mask repairs uneven skin and makes the skin look radiant and even.
- It contains vitamin C which accelerates the skin renewal process and lightens skin naturally.
- Witch hazel extracts balance the pH of the skin and keep acne under control.
- The refreshing citrus fragrance energizes the skin and elevates the mood also.
- The mask does not work on dryness so it is suitable for normal to oily skin types only.
- It contains vitamin C so you need to be careful while using the mask to not step outside in the sun as this can burn the skin.
What we like about it:This mask is enriched with many good ingredients that cleanse and detoxify the skin to give you a healthier and brighter skin. The witch hazel extracts reduce dark spots and blemishes also.
Check Video Review
Can you reuse a face mask?
Sheet masks are usually designed for a single use. Masks which come in the paste form in a jar packaging contain enough quantity for 9-10 uses but once a mask or paste is used, it should be rinsed off or discarded. By reusing the same sheet mask, your skin gets exposed to the dirt and bacteriDo not use sheet masks again as they absorb the impurities of the skin and become dry as they are taken out of the packaging.
What is a Korean sheet mask?
Korean sheet masks are designed to deliver maximum benefits to the skin with serum-infused sheets which rest directly on the skin. These masks are very easy to use and are travel-friendly also. Sheet masks come in a variety of versions and are drenched in natural extracts which nourish and repair the skin instantly. The masks are perfect for people who do not find the time to get salon facials.
Are face masks good for acne?
Yes, face masks clean the skin and absorb excess sebum and oil to give you a clean and healthy skin. This helps to reduce acne breakouts as the main cause of acne is clogged pores. This being said, it is very important to choose the right face mask for your skin type as the wrong mask can aggravate your skin and lead to more breakouts. Select a mask which targets your specific skin concern and avoid heavily-fragranced masks which can irritate the skin further.
How long do you leave on a sheet mask?
Most sheet masks are designed to be used for 10-15 minutes as this is the amount of time the serum in the mask takes to penetrate into the skin. You can massage the excess serum into the skin after removing the mask so that your skin can get that extra boost of moisture. Do not leave masks with powerful extracts on the face for a longer period than advised as the skin can react adversely to the extracts.
Do you have to wash your face after a sheet mask?
No. Washing the face after using the face mask can reduce the effectiveness of the face mask. You can wipe your face clean with a wet towel if you feel some stickiness but you should not wash your face. Masks which come with an instruction to rinse them after a few minutes definitely require washing your face. Sheet masks do not require this step so you can use them anywhere without worrying about washing your face after removing the mask.
Benefits of a Korean face mask:
Now that you know about the ten best Korean face masks available in the market, here are some of the main benefits of using a Korean face mask regularly:
1. They are quite easy to use and can be used while traveling too.
2. The masks come in many variants so you can choose the one which suits your skin concern.
3. Using a face mask regularly keeps the pores clean and controls sebum production to reduce breakouts.
4. Face masks add radiance to the skin and help to fade away dark spots, dullness, and blemishes.
5. Dry skin can benefit from using a face mask regularly as they hydrate the skin and penetrate the deeper layers of the skin easily.
6. Regular use soothes the skin and reduces stress as the masks come with calming fragrances.
7. Sheet masks can help soothe skin inflammations also and reduce redness and itching due to sun damage.
A good face mask can solve a lot of your skin concerns as the main cause of skin concerns is dryness and face masks provide intense hydration to the skin. Korean face masks not only enhance the radiance and hydration levels of your skin but also clean the pores effectively to give you a healthier and better skin. There are so many face masks available in the market that you can get confused at the time of purchase. The following factors should be kept in mind when buying a Korean face mask to get the right product for your skin:
- Skin type & concerns
Determine your skin type before finalising a face mask as not all masks work on all types of skin. Choose a hydrating mask for dry skin and a clay or an absorbing mask for oily skin. There are many masks available which address separate skin concerns like dryness, dullness, uneven skin, or acne-prone skin.
- Face mask type
There are two main types of Korean face masks available in the market which are the sheet mask type and the cream masks type. Cream masks come in a tub or tube packaging and can be used 7-8 times depending on the quantity. Sheet masks are for single time use only.
Look for ingredients like aloe vera, cucumber, tomato, collagen, hyaluronic acid, tea tree, avocado and other natural essences which nourish the skin and offer multiple other benefits. Stay away from masks which contain parabens, sulfates, or other preservatives or harmful chemicals.
Korean face masks are generally very affordable and you can get a pack of 10 sheet masks or 1 tub mask in around 10$ – 20$ depending on the quantity and the brand. You can look online for bulk discounts also if you are planning to stock up on your favorite masks.
Here are some general tips and tricks to keep in mind when buying and using Korean face masks to get maximum benefits:
- Always use the face mask on a clean and dry skin as makeup or dirt on the face can reduce the effectiveness of the mask significantly.
- Do not leave the mask on the face for more time than advised as some masks contain strong essences which can damage the skin if used for long periods.
- Check the label of the mask carefully to check if it contains any ingredients that you might be allergic to or if its shelf life is near expiry.
- You can also keep the mask in the refrigerator for some time before use to get a cooling effect on the skin which soothes the inflamed nerves and reduces dark circles as well.
- Always use the face mask after exfoliating the skin properly as the mask works better on exfoliated skin because the pores are open and can absorb the essences more efficiently.
- Try to alternate between cream and sheet masks to get the benefits of the both products. Sheet masks are good for instant results but cream masks provide deeper penetration and work on the cellular level.
- Do not use the mask near the eyes or lips as the serum used in the mask can irritate the eyes and accidental ingestion can cause a lot of side-effects.
- Alternate between different types of face masks regularly to get the maximum benefits for your skin.
- Do not use face masks more often than required as this can damage the skin. Using a sheet mask or a tub face mask once or twice a week is sufficient enough to take care of your skin.
So these are ten of the most popular Korean face masks which are used by people all over the world to get a clean and healthy skin. These face masks make your skin feel soft, smooth, and radiant if you use them regularly. Face masks are a great way to hydrate your skin and Korean masks are very easy to use. Use this buyer guide to find the right face mask for your skin type which will help you combat signs of aging and maintain your skin quality.