In my last review, I talked about glass coffee mugs. For those who missed, I looked at the best glass coffee mug on the market which I made a list of the best of the best. Today, having woken up in a writing mood, I am going to talk about something slightly different; the glass cutters. Having worked as a glazier for over a decade, I must admit that the job turns fun when using the right tools. A glass cutter, being one of my commonly used tools, is not exceptional. For the decade, I have had enough experience with different products. Therefore, I am going to review the best glass cutters. The list below is the best-rated I have known so far.
List Of Best Glass Cutters In 2020
#10 Toyo Pistol Grip Glass Cutter, Assorted Colors
After years of wasting money on inferior products, I had to inquire from my friend about the best glass cutter to go for. Having used this one for a while, he didn’t hesitate to advise me to give it a shot. Coming with a tap wheel technology, this one could at least account for my money. Also, it made glass cutting easier and more fun. However, it didn’t come with the oil; I had to incur an additional cost on that. Being one of the easy-to-use glass cutters, I didn’t see a significant issue as to why I should leave it in my top 10 list.Reasons To Buy This:
- It is sold as a single cutter.
- Come with blue.
- It utilizes tap wheel technology to cut smoothly.
#9 Uxcell 5mm-12mm Black Pencil Oil Feed Carbide Tip Glass Cutter Cutting Tool
Having used the Studio Pro Pistol Grip Glass cutter for quite a long time, I had to find another cutter. Not because it could no longer do the work correctly, but to cut the monotony of using the same item over and over. Therefore I got this product. What I liked about the cutter is the pistol grip shape that reduced my wrist fatigue; I could now do the work for as long as I wanted. Last but not least, the self-oiling made cutting easier while the consistent scoreline meant a better outcome.Reasons To Buy This:
- The carbide steel wheel is highly durable.
- The cutter head can be easily replaced.
- Ergonomic handle improves comfort hence reducing fatigue.
#8 Toyo Acrylic Comfort Grip Glass Cutter #TC1P Pencil Style
After having a better experience with my first Toyo glass cutter, I was convinced that getting another Toyo glass cutter would turn a perfect deal. Therefore, I found myself settling for this glass cutter.
Coming individually, this cutter allowed me to check the oil level through the clear handle easily. Coming position eight on my list, I found the durability of this cutter as merely unsurpassed.Reasons To Buy This:
- It is a lightweight glass cutter.
- The cutter measures 11 x 3 x 0.5 inches.
- It is cheaper when compared to most of the glass cutters.
#7 Perfect Score Professional Heavy Duty Metal Handle Oil Feed Glass Cutter
By: Perfect Score
Being one of the most preferred products, I was eager to find the reason behind that. Believe me; it deserves a high preference. Furthermore, it features a pencil style hand grip for more comfort. Also, the durable brass body makes it one of the most durable glass cutters while the gold color provides it with the amazing look. For self-oiling, I needed to apply slight pressure on the tool.
Reasons To Buy This:
- The cutting wheel is made of carbide
- The glass cutting head is easily replaceable.
- The wheel angle is 134 degrees.
#6 Uxcell Skidproof Handle Steel Blade Oil Feed Glass Cutter Tool
After working as a glazier for some good time, it was time for my friend to try something else from another field. Not because the job was hard for him or boring, but because he wanted to try something different when still in his youthful days. Therefore, he handed over this glass cutter to me. Having heard him give it many praises, I knew that it was the perfect time for me to find it out for myself!
Coming in gold-tone color, I began to realize that color is an accurate reflection of its performance. Last but not least, the cartridge wheel blade made cutting easier and consistent while the metallic handle gives it the durability of nature.Reasons To Buy This:
- It only weighs 68.2 grams.
- The wheel blade is made of carbide.
- Features an oil feed design.
#5 Studio Pro Pistol Grip Glass Cutter With Oil Reservoir
I still remember the day, 15th August, when I found this high-quality glass cutter amongst the pile of gifts I received from friends. Well, being one of my special days, my birthday, I knew that my friends would at least present something to me, but I didn’t expect to be this kind of gift.
The next day, 16th August, I resumed my workplace. Also, it was the first day of using this glass cutter. Just like the uxcell glass cutter, it features a pistol grip for improved user comfort. Furthermore, the free-rolling wheel makes a consistent scoreline while the self-oiling feature made the cutting work easier.Reasons To Buy This:
- It measures 8.5 x 3.8 x 1 inch.
- You can easily replace the wheel head.
- It’s a high-quality
#4 Pistol Grip Oil Feed Glass Cutter – Heavy Duty Perfect
Coming forth on my list, I found this as one of the best glass cutters on the market. Coming with a durable wheel made of carbide steel, I saw it as one of the most durable glass cutters to have ever used. Also, the pistol grip shape eliminates wrist fatigue while the self-oiling feature allows for the free-rolling of the wheel for a consistent scoreline.
Being one of the sharpest cutter, I only needed to apply less effort to make a scoreline. Also, this made the whole work less tiresome hence more fun. Lastly, I also found it perfect for cutting mirrors, stained glass, and more.Reasons To Buy This:
- It is highly versatile as it can be used for cutting not only glass but also other DIY projects.
- It has a large-angled wheel for improved sharpness.
- Unlike most items that come individually, this comes in a pair.
#3 CRL TOYO Original Supercutter Metal Handle Straight Head Oil Cutter
Marking entry into the top three best glass cutters, I bought this one out of my great enthusiasm for CRL products. Being one of the best products in the industry, CRL TOYO Original SuperCutter Metal Handle Straight Head Oil Cutter possesses several features that make it among the top 3;
On top of that, it has the most durable wheel in an easily replaceable cutting head. Having made to last for years, it makes clean score lines for a perfect outcome. Also, the lubricated oil dispensing system helps to keep the wheel lubricated for outstanding performance. Lastly, the handle provides a comfortable grip when still doubling up as a reservoir.Reasons To Buy This:
- Has a wheel hone angle of 1400 making it one of the sharpest glass cutters.
- For durability, the handle is made of brass.
- Features a narrow head makes intricate scores.
- It conveniently fits in a pouch for easy storage.
#2 Toyo Pistol Grip Glass Cutter
As aforesaid, in my career, I have always found Toyo glass cutters to possess friendly features that make glass cutting easy. This being one of the Toyo glass cutters, it is not exceptional. Though sold individually, it outperforms some of the cutters that come as a pair. Just like other Toyo glass cutters, it features replaceable heads and a wheel made of durable carbide to deliver years of a great experience. Furthermore, the sharp wheel cuts under minimum effort making it one of the user-friendly on the market.Reasons To Buy This:
- Has a lightweight clear acrylic handle that made it easy for me to monitor the oil levels.
- It measures 6 x 1.5 x 0.7 inches
- It’s a lightweight tool weighing only 2.4 ounces for longer usage time.
#1 Custom-Grip Supercutter – Glass Cutter – Assorted Colors
Scooping the top position in my top 10 list of glass cutters is this excellent tool. Before getting this one, I used the other interchangeably. However, since I got this glass cutter, I have never considered using any other products. In fact, I am planning to get a second one for using interchangeably with the current one.
Having used it for years, I can confidently attest that it is the most durable one on the market. Also, the improved spring-controlled system allows the free-rolling wheel to cut through glass effortlessly. Last but not least, the adjustable grip handle allows for multiple comfort options while the proven TAP wheel technology works to make work easier for me.Reasons To Buy This:
- The adjustable four-position saddle allows the fingers to remain straight hence reducing the strain.
- The patented cutting wheel reduces the rolling friction to allow for a cleaner score.
- The carbide steel material used to make the wheel outlasts those of other conventional cutters.
- It features a lightweight design for longer usage hours.
Why Should You Go For The Reviewed Glass Cutter?
- Value for your money: No one would like to waste money on inferior products. For this reason, you should consider going for one of these items as they ensure that value for your payment has been achieved.
- They are durable: Durability of any tools is very essential. It ensures that you don’t incur repetitive costs.
- They are of high-quality: Not all manufacturers in this industry prioritize quality; some are just after your money.
- They are sharp: The sharpness of a the cut is determined by the wheel hone angle. Usually, the larger the angle, the sharper the cutter is.
Before you can finally get your perfect glass cutter, usually, you have to waste your money on some inferior models, as it was in my case. To avoid learning from your own mistakes, you should consider getting one of the reviewed glass cutters. Believe me, they hardly disappoint.