For many people, the best floor fan is an important part of staying cool. Whether someone is using a shop fan, exercising to stay in shape, or trying to wind down after a long day, it is important to be as comfortable as possible. A floor fan can be an important part of making this happen. At the same time, there are a few important considerations that everyone needs to make. Therefore, we have compiled a list of the following ratings and reviews of the top five best floor fans available on the market today.
The 5 Top Floor Fans
There are many types of fans for people to choose from, including ceiling fans, tower fans, box fans, blower fans, window fans, and drum fans. One of the ways for people to decide which floor fan is right for them is to try them out. Of course, this would take a long time and most people do not have time to take this approach. Read on to learn about our experiences with the top five floor fans available to help you find the best floor fan to meet your needs.
|Editor’s Picks||Brand||Rating *|
|Best Choice||B-Air FIRTANA 20-Inch High Velocity Electric Floor Fan||♥♥♥♥♥|
|Premium Pick||Geek Aire Rechargeable Powered High Velocity Portable Fan||♥♥♥♥♥|
|Best Value||AmazonBasics Air-Circulator 3 Speed Small Room Floor Fan||♥♥♥♡♡|
|Runner Up||Lasko 3300 20″ Wind Machine Fan With 3 Energy-Efficient Speeds||♥♥♥♥♡|
|Honorable Mention||Simple Deluxe 20 Inch 3-Speed Heavy Duty Metal Industrial Floor Fan||♥♥♥♥♡|
* Ratings are determined using our specialized rating system.
Best Choice: B-Air FIRTANA 20-Inch High Velocity Electric Floor Fan
★ Best Choice
The B-Air FIRTANA 20-Inch High Velocity Electric Industrial and Home Floor Fan is the best floor fan because it provides powerful cooling in large spaces. It also includes a 1-year warranty.
Simply put, the B-Air FIRTANA 20-Inch High Velocity Electric Industrial and Home Floor Fan checks a majority of the boxes that signify a high-quality floor fan. First, this 20-inch industrial fan provides powerful cooling across large spaces. Next, this option is great for cutting through the warmth of even the hottest of summer days. In addition, this fan is incredibly durable and will stand up to the stress of routine use. Finally, many people have even described the white noise produced by this fan helps them fall asleep at night.
- One of the most powerful fans on the market and will deliver cool air rapidly
- Includes a 1-year warranty
- White noise produced may help people fall asleep at night
- Challenging to disassemble and store it when it isn’t needed
Premium Pick: Geek Aire Rechargeable Powered High Velocity Portable Fan
♛ Premium Pick
The Geek Aire Rechargeable Powered High Velocity Portable Fan is the best floor fan because it operates quietly. It can be used indoors or outdoors.
The Geek Aire Rechargeable Powered High Velocity Portable Fan has a unique construction that adds a bit of style and flair. Take, for example, the fan’s aerodynamic and advanced brushless DC motor, which allows the fan to produce a strong breeze in a quiet manner. Furthermore, when changing from speed to speed, this fan will do so smoothly and means there won’t be any disruption in the airflow during the process. In addition, this fan operates on a battery that charges rapidly, minimizing any potential downtime. Furthermore, this battery is strong and can function for up to 24 hours following a full recharge. Finally, this fan can be used indoors or outdoors, demonstrating its versatility.
- One of the quietest fans on the market, minimizing distractions
- Runs for 24 hours on a full charge
- Adjustable speed
- Some people might find this fan heavy when moving it from location to location
Best Value: AmazonBasics Air-Circulator 3 Speed Small Room Floor Fan
$ Best Value
The AmazonBasics Air-Circulator 3 Speed Small Room Floor Fan is the best floor fan because it is perfect for a small room with its adjustable head for the right airflow. It has three speed settings and circulates air efficiently.
The AmazonBasics Air-Circulator 3 Speed Small Room Floor Fan will get the job done without placing a lot of stress on the wallet. First, this fan is 14 inches in diameter and circulates air efficiently, cooling the room. Furthermore, thanks to the efficiency of this fan, it will not drive up any utility bills. In addition, users can shift the speed of this fan between three separate settings for personalized comfort. Finally, users can tilt the head of this fan to ensure the breeze is moving in the right direction.
- Three separate speed settings
- Adjustable head ensures the airflow is traveling in the right direction
- Those looking to cool a larger room may struggle to do so with this option
Runner Up: Lasko 3300 20″ Wind Machine Fan With 3 Energy-Efficient Speeds
♥ Top Pick
The Lasko 3300 20″ Wind Machine Fan With 3 Energy-Efficient Speeds is the best floor fan because of its adjustable speeds. It also arrives fully assembled and can function in multiple settings.
The Lasko 3300 20″ Wind Machine Fan With 3 Energy-Efficient Speeds is an advanced fan with a number of benefits that make it a popular choice. First, users can adjust the speed of the blades for added comfort. It functions well in a variety of settings, including the bedroom, living room, office, and kitchen. In addition, this fan is 20 inches in diameter and runs on an efficient motor that will not consume a lot of power. Next, its convenient handle makes it easy to move from place to place. Finally, this fan comes fully assembled, which minimizes the hassle from any set up process.
- Efficient motor will keep utility costs down
- Thanks to its complete assembly, set up is a breeze
- Functions well in numerous settings
- The shape and size make it hard to store when not in use
Honorable Mention: Simple Deluxe 20 Inch 3-Speed Heavy Duty Metal Industrial Floor Fan
♥ Top Pick
The Simple Deluxe 20 Inch 3-Speed Heavy Duty Metal Industrial Floor Fan is the best floor fan because it comes in different sizes. Its reinforced steel grill makes it a durable and safe option.
The Simple Deluxe 20 Inch 3-Speed Heavy Duty Metal Industrial Floor Fan is both powerful and durable. Even when faced with the largest of rooms, this fan will circulate air with ease. It even comes in different sizes. In addition, the reinforced steel grill makes this fan both durable and safe. Furthermore, the metal construction and aluminum blades make it a great choice for even those hard-to-cool rooms that garage fans successfully cool down, such as the basement. Lastly, this fan also comes with handles that make it easy to move from place to place.
- Thanks to the reinforced steel grill, this fan is one of the safest choices on the market
- Available in different sizes
- Quieter than other options
- The sturdy construction of this fan does make it a bit heavy
Features to Consider for the Best Floor Fan
When you buy a new floor fan, you need to be aware of all the different features they offer. The fans featured throughout our floor fan reviews are all solid choices, but you might be looking for something more specific. Here are some features to consider when looking for a fan.
Floor fans fairly powerful when compared to other types, especially small fans like desk fans. Many people purchase floor fans to dry their floors in the winter or just because they’re able to move a lot of air. A powerful fan is a good thing to have in your home because it can help reduce humidity as well as the risk of mold growing in your home.
Noise is a complaint many people have with fans. Large motors tend to make a lot of noise, while fans with small motors aren’t powerful enough to keep a room cool. When looking for a fan for your home, take into account the room where you want to put it. You may be able to get away with a louder fan in some rooms as opposed to others. Despite their size, some floor fans can be even quieter than other things you may have in your home such as air purifier fans or space heaters. Ultimately every fan is different, so do your research if you want to get the quietest fan possible.
Now more than ever, consumers are conscious of what they buy and how it affects the planet we all inhabit. Using fans instead of your air conditioning unit is a great way to help keep utility bills low without having to sacrifice comfort. It’s no wonder why fans are the most effective way to cool your home.
Benefits of Using Floor Fans
When someone employs the right floor fan, there are a number of benefits people might enjoy. Some of these include:
- The right floor fan is going to keep the area cool by distributing a strong breeze throughout the entire area.
- In addition, floor fans will not create a lot of noise, helping to minimize any potential distractions unless you have a louder fan like an air purifier fan.
- Utility bills should also remain low, as the right floor fan will be efficient enough to cool rooms without using a lot of power.
- Floor fans will function well under a variety of conditions and can be moved easily from place to place. They can be used in the basement, living room, kitchen, office, outdoors, and in numerous other areas.
- When they are not needed, the best floor fans may come with a remote so the fan speed can be adjusted from a distance..
These are a few of the many benefits people will enjoy when they find the right floor fan for their needs. At the same time, there are a number of precautions that people need to take as well.
Precautions of Using Floor Fans
When someone is looking for the best floor fan, there are a number of precautions people need to remember:
- Consider how hard the floor fan is going to be to assemble. Some people like to look for a large floor fan because it will deliver a large burst of powerful, cool air. At the same time, large fans might be hard to put together.
- People also need to think about the weight of the fan. The weight is important because some people might want to store the floor fan when it isn’t being used. Some floor fans can be particularly hard to store because of their size and weight.
- A floor fan will service different areas than a pedestal fan. Because of their position on the floor, even a whole room or high velocity fan fan may not reach higher locations that an oscillating fan with a pivoting head or air conditioners could.
- Finally, those who are looking for a floor fan also need to think about how durable the floor fan is going to be. Some fans are built with a sturdier structure than others. Some fans might fall apart under the slightest amount of stress. This might lead to someone replacing their floor fan before they intended.
Thinking about these precautions ahead of time will help someone end up with the best floor fan for their needs.
In the end, our winner for the best floor fan is the B-Air FIRTANA 20-Inch High Velocity Electric Industrial and Home Floor Fan. This fan simply fulfills all of the expectations that someone is looking for in a floor fan. For example, this fan is powerful and will deliver cool air when people need it most. Furthermore, it also has an incredibly sturdy construction, making it one of the most durable options on the market. Do not forget this fan has a warranty, which demonstrates confidence in the product.