Receding gums is not a good thing. It can be a sign of underlying dental problems like gum disease. Receding gums can also increase the risk of tooth loss or tooth decay not to mention having the potential to lead to bleeding gums and bad breath. If you have receding gums – apart from visiting the dentist – you can go for an electric toothbrush for receding gums. This type of toothbrush is rechargeable and does a good job of keeping your teeth clean and gums super healthy. It removes stains and eliminates bacteria, germs, wastes, and anything that might make your gums recede. In the following top 10 best electric toothbrushes for receding gums reviews, we introduce you to the best brands. Have a look.
Table Best Electric Toothbrushes for Receding Gums
1.Oral-B White Pro 1000 Power Electric Toothbrush
This electric toothbrush for receding gums is designed by dentists. Therefore, it is obvious that it will deliver amazing performance on a consistent basis. Besides, the toothbrush is ADA (American Dental Association) accepted, and this is further proof that it is a good toothbrush that serves its purpose.
Compared to a regular manual toothbrush, the Oral-B White Pro 1000 delivers cleaner results that are clinically proven. Well, it is able to achieve such an amazing performance because its bristles are angled 16 degrees to help remove up to 300-percent more plaque along the gumline than a regular manual toothbrush.Breakdown of the Oral-B Pro 1000 Power Electric Toothbrush:
- Battery Life: When fully charged, the battery lasts up to 22 hours. That being said, you will be able to use it for up to 7 days, assuming you brush twice a day for 2 minutes in each session.
- Brushing Mode: The Oral-B Pro 1000 has just 1 brushing mode.
- Compatibility: The toothbrush is compatible with a variety of replacement toothbrush heads. These include Dual Clean, CrossAction, Ortho, 3D White, Deep Sweep, Sensitive Clean, FlossAction, and Precision Clean.
- Note: The toothbrush is not recommended for kids aged 3 years and under.
- Color: White
- Pressure sensor
- 2-minute timer
- 3D cleaning action
- Precisely angled bristles
- Has plenty of brushing power
- The smaller brush head improves effectiveness
- The brush head does not jam up with old toothpaste
- Battery lasts a week as advertised
- The price is inexpensive
- No extra head, but, for the price, you cannot complain
2.Fairywill Black Electric Toothbrush with 3 Brush Heads
Boasting 40,000 micro-brushes per minute, this electric toothbrush will provide you with powerful dentist-like cleaning. It is an effective electric toothbrush that will provide you with clean and healthy teeth in just 7 days. As if that’s not enough, the toothbrush takes 14 days only to improve gum and oral health.
Best of all, this electric toothbrush does not make a lot of noise when working despite delivering thorough cleaning. It is obviously a complete upgrade over regular electric toothbrushes. It works with any power source, and this makes it extremely convenient to deal with.Breakdown of the Fairywill Black Electric Toothbrush:
- Number of Brushing Modes: There are 5 personalized brushing modes. And their role is to improve gum and teeth health.
- Charging Time: It takes 4 hours for the battery to fully charge
- Battery Life: The battery lasts up to 30 days.
- Included Brush Heads: This electric toothbrush comes with 3 brush heads to make sure you are not inconvenienced in any way.
- Charging Method: The battery is rechargeable via USB; therefore, expect to have an easy time charging it
- Weight: The toothbrush weighs 2.88 ounces only. As such, you will not find it bulky to hold.
- Built-in smart timer
- “W” shape brush head design
- One button operation
- Bristles made of DuPont material
- Packaging is nice and professional
- Leaves teeth feeling very clean
- The price is hard to beat
- The longer neck allows you to access any place in the mouth
- The timer is a great feature
- Some people find the vibration very tickly
3.Philips Sonicare HX6810/50 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Everyone would like to have a high-performance toothbrush that is very effective and gentle. The Philips Sonicare HX6810/50 fits the bill when it comes to these qualities. That’s why it has won a spot in these reviews. It removes up to 7 times more plaque than a manual toothbrush.
What’s more, the electric toothbrush does not just clean teeth but also it protects the gums. For an effective clean every time, the manufacturer advises that you know when it’s time to replace the brush head of your toothbrush. A light on the handle of the toothbrush will remind you about this – so you do not need to set a date or count days literally.Breakdown of the Philips Sonicare HX6810/50 Electric Toothbrush:
- Brush Head: The toothbrush comes with one brush head.
- Modes: The toothbrush has one mode.
- Intensities: This toothbrush does not have intensities
- Accessories: Charger is included in the package for convenience.
- Battery Life: The battery lasts for 14 days/2 weeks, which is just fine.
- Color: The color of this toothbrush is black.
- Health Benefit: This toothbrush has what it takes to leave teeth much whiter than ever before.
- Universal: The electric toothbrush is suitable for use with filling crowns, veneers, and braces.
- Built-in pressure sensor
- Battery indicator light
- 2-minute smartimer
- Easy-start program
- Leaves teeth incredibly clean
- The quadrant timer is a nice feature
- Does not have unnecessary features
- Sonicare customer service is fantastic
- The price is great
- Some users find the pressure sensor annoying
4.Gloridea 508 Rechargeable 5 Modes Electric Toothbrush
The Gloridea Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush is an effective tool that will provide you with a rare chance to enjoy deep cleansing like a dentist at home. It oscillates and pulses up to 40,000 strokes per minute between 0.24” amplitude. By so doing, this toothbrush gets rid of stains, thereby, effectively preventing tooth problems.
The brush heads of this toothbrush have an “M” teeth shape, and this further improves results. They are able to thoroughly clean stains along the gum line and other hard-to-reach areas. Ideally, the top of the bristles is oval-shaped, and this greatly reduces the potential damage to the gums during brushing.Breakdown of the Gloridea 508 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush:
- Brush Head Included: In the package, you will find 3 brush heads and 1 interdental head
- Battery Life: The battery of this electric toothbrush lasts up to 30 days, assuming you brush twice a day for 2 minutes per session.
- Number of Modes: The toothbrush boasts 5 modes, which are Strong, Inverted frequency (gum care), Inverted frequency (front teeth polish), Gentle, and Medium.
- Size: The toothbrush measures 9” by 1” by 1”
- Charge Time: The battery takes up to 4 hours to be fully charged.
- 2-minute auto shut off
- Intelligent memory
- Interval pause per 30 seconds
- Unique toothbrush design
- Well made and has a good battery
- Comes with two additional heads
- The manufacturer fully stands behind it
- Perfect for heavy coffee drinkers and smokers
- Lighter in weight for easy use
- Not the most powerful, but it gets the job done
5.HANASCO Sonic Electric Toothbrush
Your trust in HANASCO will improve after just 14 days of using this electric toothbrush. This is because the toothbrush is designed to do nothing but provide you with exceptional results every time you brush your teeth. It delivers up to 38,000 brush strokes per minute and gets rid of 100-percent more plaque and stains than a regular manual toothbrush.
Furthermore, this electric toothbrush is suitable for different conditions of gums and teeth. This means even those with braces, veneers, crowns, and fillings can use it. It helps prevent cavities not to mention improving gum health.Breakdown of the HANASCO Sonic Electric Toothbrush:
- Accessories: The toothbrush comes with 2 brush heads and 1 standard electric toothbrush charger.
- Number of Modes: The toothbrush has up to 4 modes; GUMCARE, CLEAN, WHITE, and POLISH.
- Waterproof Rating: Boasting IPX7 waterproof rating, this toothbrush can confidently be used in the shower.
- Weight: It weighs just 1.2 ounces; hence, you will be able to use it comfortably without feeling any heaviness.
- Dimensions: The dimensions of this toothbrush are 9.8 by 1.2 by 1.2 inches.
- Battery Life: On a full charge, the battery lasts up to 30 days, assuming the toothbrush is used twice a day for 2 minutes per session.
- Unique toothbrush head
- 2-minute smart timer
- Sonic technology
- Inductive charging base
- Ultra-lightweight design
- The battery life is good
- Comes with a brush cover
- Leaves gums and teeth feeling incredible
- Cleaning hard-to-reach areas is very much easier
- The 4 different modes are very helpful
- Some users find the vibration pretty too intense
6.Triple Bristle Best Sonic Electric Toothbrush
When you have a high-performance electric toothbrush, like the Triple Bristle Sonic Electric Toothbrush, you will be able to get cleaner teeth and even transform your smile into a whiter one in just a 1/3 the time. It has been scientifically designed to clean teeth not just better but also much faster than an ordinary sonic toothbrush.
It will remind you when it’s time to change your brush head so you can keep getting a deep clean. The toothbrush is great for bridges, crowns, dental implants, and braces. It improves gum health, thereby, making your happier and more confident than ever before.Breakdown of the Triple Bristle Sonic Electric Toothbrush:
- Weight: The toothbrush weighs 14.1 ounces, meaning it is incredibly lightweight and easy to use.
- Accessories: They include Blue 3-sided brush head, sonic handle, electric charging base, tongue cleaner, pink 3-sided brush head.
- Number of Speed Settings: There are 3-speed settings to help meet your needs.
- Number of Modes: They are 3; Massage, Soft/Gentle, and High/Clean.
- Battery Type: The toothbrush uses a rechargeable battery.
- Indicator bristles
- Quadrant timer
- Unique 3-sided brush head
- Ergonomic handle
- Advanced sonic energy
- 2-minute auto timer
- The 3-sided design is well thought out
- The toothbrush is easy to maneuver
- Leaves gums very healthy
- The price is reasonable
- Perfect for anyone with disability
- Makes brushing easier and quicker
- There is a learning curve, but this should not take too long; thanks to the instructions
7.Pursonic S450 Rechargeable Sonic Electric Toothbrush
Let’s face it; a number of toothbrushes do not clean our teeth the way we want. But now that there is the Pursonic S450 Electric Toothbrush, we can now smile, as we do not have to put up with ineffective toothbrushes again.
This advanced rechargeable electric toothbrush delivers 30,000 super powerful strokes per minute, and this enables it to get rid of plaque and bacteria in no time. Additionally, this toothbrush has thoughtful features that promote safe, effective brushing. For instance, there is a feature to remind you when to breathe.Breakdown of the Pursonic S450 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush:
- Warranty: This toothbrush comes with a 1-year warranty that protects against defects in workmanship and materials.
- Accessories: The toothbrush comes with 12 brush heads, charging dock with AC adapter, and user manual.
- Weight: The toothbrush weighs 1.2 pounds; hence, it is incredibly lightweight and easy to use.
- Size: The dimensions of this toothbrush are 9.5 by 7 by 4.2 inches. The size is pretty compact, and, therefore, makes the toothbrush easy to keep away when not in use.
- Number of Users: This toothbrush can be shared with up to 4 users; thanks to the 4 color-coated brush heads.
- Three Operation Modes: They include Massage, Soft, and Gentle.
- Built-in UV sanitizer
- 2-minute timer
- 30-second vibrate alert
- Sonic wave technology
- The UV sanitizing feature is a nice addition
- Very easy to clean
- The price is pocket-friendly
- Comes with a cover
- Leaves teeth feeling great
- Brush heads are easy to find
- Could be more durable
8.FLEXFORCE Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
We have included this electric toothbrush in these reviews because it does an excellent job of cleaning teeth. It effectively covers each tooth at many different angles to help get rid of waste from the tight space between teeth. Besides, this electric toothbrush removes 100-percent more plaque than a manual toothbrush.
It also brushes the teeth for 2 minutes – the dentist-recommended time; making sure you do not over or under-brush. Moreover, it will always remember the last mode you set it at. This means the toothbrush will spare you the hassle of having to set it to a suitable mode every time you want to use it.Breakdown of the FLEXFORCE Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush:
- Accessories: The package includes an electric toothbrush handle, user manual, charger base, adapter, USB charging cable, toothbrush dust covers (2), and toothbrush heads (2).
- Note: The manufacturer advises that to avoid potential damage to the charging function of your toothbrush, you must use a matching adapter every time you are charging the toothbrush.
- Weight: The toothbrush weighs 1.2 pounds.
- Size: The toothbrush is well-sized, given that it measures 7.1 by 3.9 by 2.4 inches.
- Battery Life: The battery of this toothbrush lasts up to 30 days.
- Stylish and lightweight design
- Soft bristles made of DuPont nylon material
- IPX7 waterproof construction
- Outstanding memory function
- 2-minute auto shut off
- Has plenty of power
- The various power levels are great
- Comes with a lot of accessories
- Removes stains from the teeth
- Lightweight and easy to hold
- Getting replacement heads is quite a task
9.HIEIE Sonic Electric Toothbrush with 2 Replacement Heads
You will love the HIEIE Sonic Electric Toothbrush immediately you start using it. It is a toothbrush designed with you in mind. It has several modes and strength options to make it easy to settle for what is suitable for you.
Besides, this electric toothbrush will remind you when a certain section of your teeth has achieved the best cleaning effect. It will also prevent you from over-brushing or under-brushing. It is rechargeable, and it lasts long between charges so you can use it to the maximum.Breakdown of the HIEIE Sonic Electric Toothbrush:
- Warranty: The manufacturer of this electric toothbrush provides a 1-year warranty to protect against the unfortunate.
- Number of Modes: They are 5 and include Massage, Clean, Sensitive, Bright White, and Cool White.
- Number of Strength Options: The toothbrush has 3 to suit different gums.
- Charging Time and Battery Life: The battery charges for up to 10 hours, but this should not be a big issue because it lasts up to 30 days once fully charged.
- Included Extras: You do not just get a sonic electric toothbrush body but also you receive a USB cable with adapter, an instruction manual, a portable box, and 2 replaceable electric brush heads when you invest in this package.
- High-quality DuPont nylon brush
- 2-minute auto shut off
- Intelligent memory
- Advanced sonic cleaning technology
- 30-second smart reminder
- The price is pretty hard to beat
- The travel case is surprisingly slick
- The toothbrush is very powerful
- Makes a better choice to a manual toothbrush
- The build quality is first-class
- The vibration is quite weird, but, over time, you will get used to it
10.AquaSonic VIBE series Ultra Whitening Electric Toothbrush
The fact that this electric toothbrush is loaded with most up-to-date technology means any serious reviews will consider including it here. It is one of the best toothbrushes you have ever come across. It is aesthetically appealing and, at the same time, works as expected.
It delivers 40,000 vibrations per minute, and this enables it to get rid of stains, germs, and bacteria in your mouth. In addition, this toothbrush comes with a lot of accessories to make sure you have a smooth experience using it. Given its affordable price, the toothbrush is worth investing in.Breakdown of the AquaSonic VIBE Series Electric Toothbrush:
- Accessories: Apart from 1 Smart Toothbrush, you will receive an instruction manual, one custom travel case, eight DuPont brush heads, and Support contact manuals.
- Number of Modes: The toothbrush has 4 modes: Clean Mode, Massage Mode, Soft Mode, and Whiten Mode.
- Portable: The toothbrush comes with a travel case that makes it easy to carry along.
- Weight: This electric toothbrush weighs 1.3 pounds.
- Battery Life: The AquaSonic VIBE Series Electric Toothbrush can last up to 4 weeks on a full charge.
- Built-in smart vibrating notification timer
- Ultra-modern charcoal metallic handle
- Waterproof construction
- Ultrasonic motor
- Ultra-fast wireless charging
- Seems to deliver results faster than expected
- Leaves teeth clean and sparkly
- Very powerful and looks cute
- Very easy to use
- Comes with replacement heads
- The travel case is a bonus
- Not the most suitable for very sensitive teeth
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Electric Toothbrushes for Receding Gums
This is what we have prepared for you in this section.
Go for an electric toothbrush with a long battery life. Normally, a toothbrush with battery that lasts up to 30 days is the best. But if you cannot find one then settling for a brand with battery life up to 7 – 14 days will not be a bad idea.
Your toothbrush should have plenty of power to leave behind clean, white teeth after each use. However, the power should not be too much to the extent that it’s causing all sorts of discomfort in the mouth.
A perfect electric toothbrush should have a long neck and a small brush head. Such a design makes the toothbrush extremely easy to use. Plus it allows you to clean those hard-to-reach areas with much ease.
Your electric toothbrush should be waterproofed so you can use it even in the shower without any issues. Ideally, it should have a waterproof rating, perhaps of IPX7 to keep water at bay.
Modes and Strength Options
Choosing an electric toothbrush with multiple modes and strength options is really a good thing. This is because such a toothbrush gives you a chance to have a suitable setting for your gum.
2-minute Auto Shut Off
The dentist-recommended time for brushing is 2 minutes. Therefore, an electric toothbrush with 2-minute auto shut off feature is advisable. With such a toothbrush, you will not have to time yourself – it shuts off automatically after 2 minutes, thereby, eliminating over-brushing.
You may be bathing and changing clothes at least twice a day but if you do not pay proper attention to your oral hygiene, your efforts are futile. Dentists have shown that a manual toothbrush may not be as effective as we think. That’s why they recommend that we try out an electric toothbrush. They are effective, gentle, powerful, and deliver results within days.