The photography industry is growing at the highest rate. That is why other than investing quality camera, other things can enhance the quality performance in the industry. For instance, there are many camera accessories that you can use to enhance your performance. That is why in this top 8 best camera cranes in 2020 review, we will give some tips on how to pick the best camera crane that you can use.
Our review is simple with all the details that will simplify your job. These camera cranes have many applications and uses than we may think. Apart from enabling you to view the scenes that are above the action, you will also get a sophisticated degree of professionalism in the field of photography. With that in mind, let’s look at types of camera cranes that you can find in the market.
Types of Camera Cranes:
- Lightweight camera cranes: They are made for ultra-lite crane systems, and it has two pole video with heads combined with strong legs.
- Medium duty camera cranes: They come in a weight range of 20 to 50 lbs.
- Heavy Duty camera cranes: They provide stable shooting due to their strong and big base thus making them effective. The only bad thing about them is that they are very expensive.
Factors to consider when buying a Camera Crane:
With the types of camera cranes in mind, below is a guide that will help you in selecting the best camera crane that will match your needs. Note: If you are using a lightweight crane, you should always use it carry the lightweight bags that will not counter back the balancing of your camera crane.
Crane stability system
When working with a camera crane, you need something that is stable, and it can hold you’re the weight of your camera. You need one that will harmonize the weight on the left-hand side with that on the right side. In most cases, a camera needs to very far from the pivot, and it needs to have a crane that supports it so that the weight balances. For that lesson, you need a crane system that is stable.
A good crane does it work and serves the purpose of buying it. It should be of the appropriate weight thus avoiding imbalance. It must be made from the right material that will make it stay for long. It should also be suitable for your camera.
Ease of use
It is good to know how to use your camera crane, and it is good to take one that is easy to use. Always take one that is easy to use. A camera crane that has fluid head is good to use, and it will never wear out. Despite all those things make sure that price does not affect your choice.
Not all camera cranes are the same. Make sure that when buying a camera crane, it is good to look for one that is dustproof, easy to clean, and also free from oils. You should take one that is easy to clean just like using a piece of cloth. Take one that has easy to use knobs and connections.
A good camera crane should be last longer than you think. It is good to buy one that is long lasting and well made. When we talk about durability, we talk about the type of metal making the camera crane.
Best Camera Cranes in 2020
8. ProAm USA DVC210 DSLR Video Camera Jib Crane
ProAm USA DVC210 DSLR video camera jib crane is one of the famous cranes that are produced by the most famous company in the USA. This crane is made from 6061 Aircraft Aluminum thus making light in weight but still durable. It is made with a powder-coated surface thus making it scratch resistant. The coat also makes it corrosion proof and lastly it is very easy to use.
- It is corrosion resistant
- Good for professional users
- Good for delivering quality performance
- It is scratch resistant
- Has smooth rotation
- Does come with carrying case
7. Indy Jib Cinema Crane for DSLR’s and Cinema Camera’s
The Indy Jib Camera Crane is good for both video cameras and DSLRs. It can hold up to 15 lb. weight. It is one of the compact and also lightweight camera cranes that are designed to hold even heavy cameras. It is very stable, and it is made with the best design with a floating camera movement.
- It is good for a low-budget production
- It is very light and very compact
- Come with a camera center mounted for stability
- Come with a rubber grip
- Can take up to 15 lb. camera
- Not ideal DSLRs that have heavy lenses
6. Advanced Digital 6 ft. Compact Camera Crane
As the name suggests, Advanced Digital 6 ft. compact camera crane is a high-quality camera crane that which measures 6 feet, and it is very durable. It is made using 6061 Aircraft Aluminum which high quality is thus making it light. It has an automatic mode combined with manual mode for easy working. With those two modes, you can tilt or operate your camera as you wish. With the powder coat in place, this camera crane is scratch resistant thus staying for long.
- It very easy to set up
- It is very sturdy and durable
- Comes with clear instructions on how to assemble it
- Comes with a money back guarantee that can last for 30 days
- Made from high quality 6061 Aircraft Aluminum
- It is too heavy for those who like light camera cranes
5. Advanced Digital 12 ft. Camera Crane
The Advanced Digital 12 ft. camera crane is 6 feet than the normal camera cranes that you can find in the market. It is also made using a 6061 aircraft aluminum thus making it light in weight but also very durable. With a powder coat in place, this crane is scratch resistant thus good for carrying from place to place. It also has both manual and automatic camera tilting thus good for both professionals and learners.
- It is very durable
- Well made to fit all types of users
- It easy very easy to set up
- Very durable yet light in weight
- No plastic part on the camera crane
- It has an unstable stand
See also: Top 10 Best DSLR Cameras in 2020
4. Neewer 70 inches/177cm Aluminum Alloy Jib Arm Camera Crane
If you own a Canon DSLR or Nikon camera of any type, this crane is the best for you. Despite that, the Neewer 70 inches/177cm Aluminum Alloy Jib Arm Camera Crane is also for all types of cameras. It is good for holding heavy cameras that weigh up to 11 pounds. It comes with a carrying bag thus good for moving from one place to another.
- It is made to provide amazing stability
- Scratch resistant
- Very strong and versatile
- allows vertical and horizontal rotations
- Made from magnesium and aluminum alloy
- It is a bit expensive
3. IMORDEN 5.7ft/1.7m Mini Carbon Fiber Camera Crane
The IMORDEN 5.7ft/1.7m mini carbon fiber camera crane is a good choice for those who are searching for professional photo shooting. It is made with high-quality material thus making it durable and stable. When buying it, it will come with a carrying bag which is environment-friendly. In most cases, the sandbag does not come with and thus making it light thus easy to carry. This crane is good for holding and carries up to 3.6kg or 8lbs
- It is very easy to set up
- Gives a smooth movement in joints
- It is lightweight
- Made from carbon fiber that is very durable
- The bag that carries weights is too small
See also: Top 10 Best Camera Tripods in 2020
2. ePhotoInc New Portable DSLR Mini Jib Crane
ePhotoInc new portable DSLR mini jib crane is one of the best camera cranes that are well built. It is also affordable, and it can give you the best shooting. It is good for one person to use and is set in a way that gives you a balanced shooting. If you need a crane that you can carry using one hand; this is the best for you because it will balance well though it is light.
- It is the affordable and good price
- Good and for great shooting
- Good for limited space
- It is lightweight
- Well-built with high-quality material
- It is hard to a steady shot when it is fully extended
1. ProAm USA Orion DVC200 DSLR Video Camera Jib Crane
ProAm USA Orion camera crane that can support up to 8 lb. camera and it has the best mounting for DSLR and all types of camcorder cameras styles. This Camera Crane has an auto tilting mechanism that will help your camera face ahead all the time. If you are a professional photographer, then this is the best crane for you. Due to its Aircraft Aluminum body, it is durable and a lightweight at the same time.
- It is very stable and versatile
- It is portable and light weighted.
- It is very easy to assemble
- Takes 30 seconds for setting up
- Good for one man
- It does not come with stand and weights.
Always make sure you consider the price of your camera crane. Make sure that the budget does no go too high from your set budget. Make sure you buy a camera crane that will protect your camera from falling. If you want to train on how to use camera crane you should take one of our suggestions. In this top 8 best camera cranes in 2020 review, you have all that you need to photography amazing.