A bed tent is a special unit designed to be set up on a bed. Although it was mainly designed to bring fun to the bedroom, a bed tent has quickly become super handy. Today, most people, especially, nurses, security guards, doctors, police, and those whose jobs demand that they sleep during the day, find bed tents very useful. Since these tents are completely enclosed, they create a pitch dark environment, which is very cozy to sleep in.
In a nutshell, a bed tent improves sleep quality. It also keeps warmth in, and this makes it very useful for winter. Ideally, bed tents are not just designed for adults but also work well for kids. They are particularly suitable for toddlers transiting into a twin or full-size bed. These tents somewhat make them believe that they are truly protected and even “monsters” cannot get them. What’s more, kids can use them as play tents during the day. Well, the following top 10 best bed tents reviews discuss a number of brands you can spend money on.
Table Best Bed Tents
1.Alvantor Privacy Space Twin Size Sleeping Tents
What we like about these twin size sleeping tents is that they are reasonably priced. They have lots of impressive features yet are within an affordable range. This means you do not need to dig deep into your pocket to get them. Furthermore, these sleeping tents are solidly made to serve you right.
Once set up, these sleeping tents will not collapse, lean off, bend, or become unstable. Besides, these sleeping tents are insanely light in weight. They weigh just 5.8 pounds, and this means moving with them to various places will not take much effort. Their portability is further improved by the included carrying bag.
Once you are done using these bed tents, simply fold and then store them in the carrying bag. Ideally, these tents are very easy to clean, considering that they are washable. When you want to clean them, just unzip the end of the arc poles and then pull out the pole. Creating privacy anywhere is now a breeze; thanks to these bed tents.
We are happy to note that these bed tents are available in two colors, which are Charcoal and Navy. We are also happy with the fact that, apart from Twin, these bed tents are available in Bunk Twin, Full, and Queen.Key Features
- Double Side-door Design: Allows for quick, easy access to the tents.
- Pop-up Flexible Ribs Frame: They make assembly a cakewalk, thereby, promoting convenience.
- Fiberglass Rods: They enable the tents to keep their shape and stability.
- Pongee Fabric: It is of top-notch quality as well as breathable and soft.
- Dark Grey Color: It is a light-reducing color that will let you see out but ensures that no one sees you while you are inside.
- Anti-mosquito mesh: It is both at the top and bottom of the tents. It provides good airflow as well as allowing much-needed light in.
- Offers great comfort and privacy
- Tents are easy to assemble
- They make a great gift for kids
- The interior is spacious
- The manufacturer is easy to work with
- The material could be darker
2.Leedor Bed Tent Dream Tents
The 4 doors and 2 windows of this bed tent make sure getting in and out is never a hassle. Besides, this bed dream tent is solidly built, and, therefore, will not collapse, lean, bend, or become unstable. Better yet, the bed tent is light in weight despite being made with heavy-duty materials.
It weighs 4.3 pounds only so you can have a much easier time than expected setting it up or even taking it down, perhaps, to wash it or store it for future use. The bed tent can be used with an existing mattress. This is really great because it eliminates the need to attach it to a bed frame.
Furthermore, this bed tent can be used independently. Simply set it up on the floor and you are good to go. It is worth noting that the bed tent does not come with a mattress. It is reasonably priced plus it is of good size. It measures 75” * 39” * 47” H, and it is designed to fit twin size beds.
Like the first bed tent on this list, this model is available in two colors. Well, these are Pitchblack and Navy. The colors are great because they reduce the amount of light that gets into the tent. Ideally, the fact that there are two color options means you will be able to choose what suits your style.Key Features
- Pop-up Flexible Ribs Frame: Makes it easy to assemble the bed tent.
- Pongee Fabric: The bed tent is made of pongee fabric, which is soft and breathable.
- Four Zipped Doors: They are on all the 4 sides of the tent. They allow you to open the tent completely so there can be good airflow.
- Built-in Bag: You can use it to temporarily store your phone, books, and mobile, among others.
- Built-in Hook Design: Lets you customize the tent to some extent. For instance, you can hang light on them.
- Perfect for an autistic child
- Incredibly easy to install
- The screen windows on either side are a plus
- Keeps the warmth in
- Good for the price
- A little too big for a twin bed
3.BESTEN Twin Floorless Indoor Privacy Tent on Bed
It is time to have some privacy. And to do this in a more convenient way than the majority expects is to go for the BESTEN Twin Indoor Privacy Tent. It is a nice purchase for both adults and kids. Ideally, it makes a stunning purchase for when you are sharing a room with others.
Despite working so well, this indoor privacy tent is very affordably priced. Furthermore, this tent on bed comes in lots of different colors to choose from. These colors are Pink, Gray, Blue Mint(cp), and Mint.
That being said, this indoor privacy tent on bed is suitable for dorms or shared bedrooms. If you happen to buy it for your kids then expect them to sleep soundly every night. They will go to bed on time, and this, in turn, will give you more peaceful time and even privacy.
Ideally, this privacy tent on bed comes in handy for meditating, studying, and reading, among others. You can also transform it into a private theater. Well, all you need to achieve that is a tablet or cellphone in the touch-friendly TPU band. Apart from size Twin, this bed tent is available in size Full/Queen.Key Features
- Twin Size: The bed tent measures 41 inches wide by 77 inches long by 51 inches high. It fits twin size beds perfectly.
- Touch-friendly Pouch: It is for smartphones and tablets. It instantly turns the tent into a small private theater.
- Extra-large Door: It is at the feetside and allows you to watch TV without any obstacles.
- Handy Hook: It is for a lantern or Bluetooth speaker. It comes in handy when you want to read a book or enjoy listening to music.
- Convenient Pocket: It keeps your items within easy reach. It also ensures items are nicely stored.
- Perfect for college dorms
- Fits twin size beds beautifully
- The pink color is very pretty
- The little hook at the top is very useful
- Seems to hold up well
- Keeps the chill air off at night
- The material is thinner than expected, but this does not affect the durability
4.Pacific Play Tents Twin Size Kids Tree House Bed Tent (19790)
The Pacific Play Tents Kids Tree House Bed Tent is designed for kids aged 2 years and up. It is a nice bed tent that sets up in minutes and will no doubt bring your kids lots of joy. It is, however, worth noting that adult assembly is needed.
Once assembled, the bed tent measures 77 by 38 by 35 inches high. From these dimensions, it is safe to say that this bed tent is well sized and will serve your kid right. It is not just on the bed, this tent is designed to be set up; you can also put it together on the floor.
It would be better if this bed tent was available in various colors. But, that aside, this is an impressive bed tent you should consider for your kid. It is well made and very affordable for maximum satisfaction.
Ideally, having this tent for bed set up on the floor helps create additional fun. The bed tent has a beautiful color that will improve the look of your kids’ bedroom. Plus it is available in two sizes, including Twin and Full/Double. Besides, this bed tent comes with a carry bag for easy storage or transportation.Key Features
- Fun Tree House Graphics: They make the bed tent look more attractive and more likable by kids.
- Mesh Panels: They provide ample ventilation as well as allowing for easy viewing.
- Fitted Outer-skirt: It secures the bed tent to the mattress.
- G-3 Super Poles: They are incredibly strong and ensure easy setup and takedown.
- 190T Polyester Taffeta Fabric: It is durable and helps the bed tent hold up well to heavy use by kids.
- Flame-retardant 70D Polyester Walls: They are kid-friendly; hence, they make the bed tent very safe for kids.
- Perfect for kids that share a room
- Colorful and very well built
- Very easy to assemble
- The tent is shipped on time
- Easy to put together, take apart, and wash
- Has plenty of room inside
- Tends to get a little too hot inside
5.CAMP 365 Child’s Indoor Tent on Bed
CAMP 365 is a dedicated company that produces premium quality products. It is determined to make sure customers are fully satisfied with their purchase. Well, one of its products is this child’s tent on bed. Based on customer reviews and ratings, this item is a nice bed tent you should consider investing in for your youngster.
It will take the fun to a whole new level in your kid’s room and even make them spend more time in there. The indoor tent on bed is available in 2 sizes, which are medium and small. As expected, the price varies according to size. That is to say, the medium size is more expensive than the small size.
We think it would be better if the manufacturer was clearer on this sizing. That is to say, instead of using “small” and “medium”, the manufacturer could have used terms such as “twin”, “queen”, etc to describe the size. This helps make it easy to find what perfectly fits your bed.
Although this indoor tent on bed is refurbished, it is tested as well as certified to make sure it works and looks like a new item. The refurbishing process consists of repackaging, functionality testing, inspection, and basic cleaning. What’s more, this bed tent is shipped with all the relevant accessories.Key Features
- Amazing Color: The Starlight color looks really incredible. As such, it will improve the general look of your kid’s room.
- Medium Size: It is perfect for fairly large beds.
- High-performance Material: It blocks drafty winds in the room. By so doing, it keeps the air inside warm.
- Lightweight Construction: The bed tent is very lightweight so both you and your kid can have an easy time managing it.
- Versatile Performance: This bed tent works great both as a privacy tent and a play tent.
- Fits wonderfully on a full-size bed
- Perfect for transitioning a toddler into a bigger bed
- The bed tent looks very cute and kids love it
- Easy to set up
- Comes with all the necessary parts
- The material may have an odor, but this should go away after a few days
6.Delta Children Disney Mickey Mouse Toddler Tent Bed
Kids love Mickey Mouse, and that’s where this toddler tent bed comes in handy. It is Mickey Mouse themed; hence, it will blend nicely with you’re the room décor of your kid. We are certain your little one will find it adorable and fall in love with it instantly.
He will want to get in and out all the time. He will also not think twice to nap in there. Well, this, in turn, will give you more peaceful moments and even some privacy. The bed tent is recommended for kids aged 15 months plus.
That being said, it is a perfect bed tent for almost all kids. Furthermore, this bed tent holds up to 50 lbs and this is just fine. It uses a standard crib mattress, which is used separately. Once assembled, the bed tent measures 53.94 inches long by 29.13 inches wide by 37.40 inches high.
We love the fact that this bed tent is available in lots of stunning themes. Well, these include Nickelodeon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Disney/Pixar Cars, and Disney Mickey Mouse. Regardless of the one you have chosen, expect it to blend nicely with your kid’s room.Key Features
- Mesh Windows: They improve airflow inside the tent, thereby, encouraging little ones to stay a little longer and enjoy the moment.
- Roll-up Doors: They allow for easy entry and exit.
- Sturdy Steel Frame: Helps improve the overall structure of the tent. By so doing, the frame prevents the tent from becoming unstable.
- Plastic Construction: It is of top-notch quality, and it also improves the structural integrity of the tent.
- JPMA Certification: It shows that this bed tent meets or exceeds all safety standards set by CPSC & ASTM.
- High Weight Limit: The bed tent can carry up to 50 pounds.
- The bed tent is colorful and bright
- Attaching and taking off the canopy is a cakewalk
- Works nicely with standard crib/toddler mattresses
- Setup directions are easy to follow
- Great for Mickey Mouse clubhouse fans
- Doors on the canopy could be easier to open
7.Yoosion Anti Mosquito Nets Pop Up Bed Tent
Let’s face it; most bed tents are pretty difficult to set up. You are likely to spend several hours just figuring out how to put the frame and canopy together. Fortunately, most does not mean all. The Yoosion Anti Mosquito Pop Up Bed Tent automatically sets up in 3 seconds only.
For this reason, this pop-up bed tent is a perfect purchase for anyone dealing with tents for the first time. Once set up, the bed tent measures 200 centimeters long by 180 centimeters wide by 150 centimeters high. It is a well-sized bed tent that will quickly become handy, especially if you live in a mosquito-infested region.
It is perfect for those looking for restful sleep. Nonetheless, you should note that this bed tent is not suitable for keeping pets. You should also note that the bed tent cannot pack in a suitcase size. It, however, folds compactly and measures just 60 by 60 by 2.5 centimeters. Combine that with a weight of 1kg and you have a bed tent you can easily carry from place to place.
What we like about this bed tent is that its price is incredibly cheap. We also like the fact that this bed tent does a good job of keeping mosquitoes at bay. It is exactly what you need if you want to enjoy a good night’s sleep throughout the year.Key Features
- 2-Way Zipper: Makes getting out and coming in a no-brainer.
- Anti-mosquito Design: The bottom and approximately 6 holes in every 1 centimeter provide 360-degree protection from mosquito bites.
- Spacious Capacity: This bed tent can accommodate up to 2 people at the same time.
- Double Steel Frame: The steel is durable, and, therefore, will not rust or break easily.
- Portable Design: This bed tent folds compactly enough to be easily kept in a trunk.
- The automatic pop-up design makes setup insanely easy
- Can be accessed on either side of the bed
- Ideal for those who hate getting eaten alive
- Spacious enough to fit 2 adults with room to spare
- The price is great
- Directions could be simpler and more precise
8.Goplus Folding Mosquito Net Pop Up Tent
A lot of factors may make us not sleep well at night. And the mosquito is one of these factors. Luckily, keeping mosquitoes at bay to have a good night’s sleep is incredibly easy. All you need to do is invest in the Goplus Folding Mosquito Net Pop Up Tent.
It is a quality pop-up tent, which is not just great for the bedroom but also can be used outdoors for decoration. This is because the pop-up tent looks beautiful and will make your environment more appealing than ever before. The white color blends perfectly with almost any surrounding and décor to create something beautiful.
Additionally, this pop-up tent is very easy to set up. All you need to do is follow some steps and you will finish setting it up within a cinch. No special assembly or tools are required to put this bed tent together. When the bed tent is not in use, simply fold it up for easy storage. It does not take up much space; hence, it will not bothersome when not in use.
We like the versatility of this bed tent. It can be used in the bedroom or set up outdoors to act as a piece of decoration. We also like the fact that, despite the low price point, this bed tent is made of top-notch materials only.Key Features
- High-quality Polyester: It holds up well to everyday use. Plus it is sturdy enough to prevent you from dropping on the floor.
- Zipper on the Left and Right: Allows you to go in and out easily.
- Large Space: Enables this bed tent to fit king size beds perfectly.
- Multifunctional Performance: The bed tent is ideal for the bedroom and outdoor use.
- Lightweight Design: Despite being large, the bed tent weighs 2 pounds only. It is very lightweight and folds compactly for easy storage.
- Pops up easily for quick installation
- The material is of top-notch quality
- The net is great for outdoors
- Easy to fold away when not in use
- Ideal for the summer or those with little kids
- Zippers could be stronger
9.Tinyuet 120x200cm Bed Canopy Mosquito Net
With this mosquito net bed canopy, you do not need to install anything. It pops up automatically, and this means you will be able to use it in no time. Furthermore, this mosquito net bed canopy has a great size. It measures 120 centimeters wide by 200 centimeters long by 145 centimeters high.
And when folded, this bed canopy mosquito net measures 58 centimeters wide by 58 centimeters long by 2 centimeters high. As seen in the folded dimensions, the bed canopy mosquito net folds compactly, and it is very easy to store. Moreover, this bed tent mosquito net does a nice job of keeping mosquitoes and even reptiles at bay.
We are impressed to note that this mosquito net is available in several sizes to choose from. These many different sizes make it easy to settle on what perfectly fits your bed. We are also happy with the fact that this bed tent is available in two great colors, which are Brown and Blue.
It is well sewn and provides 360-degree protection. If you live in a place where mosquitoes and flies are a menace, this bed tent mosquito net should be a frontier for you. Its price point is within an affordable range, and this means you can get it even when on a tight budget.Key Features
- Fully Enclosed Design: The tent has a well-designed bottom that ensures there are no gaps.
- Insect-proof Side Cloth: Prevents small, pesky insects from crawling inside the bed tent.
- Dense and Small Mesh Holes: They allow for maximum air circulation, thereby, making sure you have a cool night.
- Foldable Design: The net can be folded and then kept in the included bag for easy storage or transportation.
- Insecticide Treatment: It is a well-thought-out feature that further enables the mosquito net to keep insects of all kinds at bay.
- Easy to set up
- The price is right
- Easy to close up and store
- Large enough to accommodate the whole family
- Great for the summer
- The zipper is pretty too close to the ground and tends to get caught in the netting
10.EasyGo Products Space Indoor Dream Tent (EGP-BEDTENT)
During the day, this space indoor dream tent serves as a play tent. And, at night, it provides privacy sleeping space for you and/or your children. During the day, the EasyGo Products EGP-BEDTENT blocks out light to make sure no one is exposed to harmful UV rays, and, at night, it provides warmth as well as a safe space to spend the time.
Well, based on the above information, it is evident that this dream tent is super versatile. You can use both at night and during the day. Ideally, this bed tent is suitable for kid’s room, college dorm rooms, and even for occupations that demand that you work at night and sleep during the day. That means if you are a nurse, security guard, police, or doctor, this dream tent is for you.
This bed tent is available in two sizes, and we think this is great. The sizes are Twin and Full. Since they are two different sizes, finding one for your bed will be easy. Nevertheless, you should note that the prices vary according to size.
Setting up this tent is very easy; thanks to the pop-up design. It is also very easy to take down when you are done using it. Additionally, the material this tent is made of is of premium quality. It is washable, and this means keeping the bed tent clean will not be an arduous task.Key Features
- Pop-up Design: The tent pops up easily for quick setup.
- Strong and Reliable Material: It blocks out strong airflow inside the house.
- Large Space: Ensures you rest peacefully and to the fullest every single night.
- Vented Windows: They can be zipped or unzipped. That being said, vented windows promote convenience.
- Double-layer Roof: Provides extra light-blocking performance; hence, making the bed tent perfect for daytime use.
- The price is inexpensive
- The tent is fairly durable
- Not very difficult to take down
- Very easy to assemble
- Super comfortable to sleep in
- Fits beds perfectly and looks beautiful
- Shipping could be better – most customers have complained about receiving the product with broken parts.
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Bed Tents
Bed tents are those items that you do not know you need until you try one. They have lots of benefits ranging from doubling up as a play tent to improving sleep. However, for you to enjoy the benefits of your bed tent to the fullest, you must settle on the best brand. But getting a quality bed tent is not a straightforward task. For this reason, you need to check out factors such as portability, ease of setup and takedown, durability, and size. Keep reading to know more about these factors.
Bed Tent Portability
Although these tents are designed to be set up on a bed, sometimes you would want to use them outdoors. Unfortunately, you will not be able to do that if your bed tent is not built with portability in mind. So, apart from choosing a bed tent that folds compactly, make sure the tent comes with a carrying bag for optimum portability.
Ease of Setup & Takedown
The last thing you want is to take the whole afternoon setting up your newly-purchased bed tent on your bed. Also, you do not want to take longer taking down your bed tent, perhaps, for washing or storage. Therefore, before you buy a bed tent, make sure it is one that is extremely easy to assemble and to take down. If possible, you should consider pop-up bed tents that assemble automatically and within seconds.
A durable bed tent is a nice purchase because you will be able to use it for a long time. And by using it for an extended period, expect to save some money and even time. Well, the durability of a bed tent is determined by the frame and fabric used to make it. With that said, make sure the frame of your bed tent is one that is not bendable and will not rust. And, as far as the fabric used is concerned, make sure it is one that will not fade.
You have definitely noticed that the bed tents we have reviewed above are not of the same size. Some are twin size, while others are full size. There are also queen and king size bed tents. What is this supposed to tell you? The main message you should get from these different sizes is that you need to choose a bed tent according to the size of your bed. For instance, if you have a twin size bed, go for a twin bed tent, and so on.
The benefits of bed tents cannot be emphasized enough. These are innovative tents that will improve privacy in your room. That being said, a bed tent is great for a shared bedroom, college dorm, and kid’s room, among others. With it, you will sleep better than ever before. So, wait no more and grab one or two right now.