Can you remember when you first learned how to swim? If you can, you must have been three years of age or older. It was scary, right? Most people take time to get used to a lot of water. It’s not unusual for adults to use swimming aids during their first swimming lessons. How much more, then, do babies need floats to get comfortable in the water? And more importantly, can a parent ignore the crucial safety benefits that baby pool floats offer?
You want the best for your little one, and that’s why you are searching for the best baby pool floats. We’ve researched the top 10 top-performing baby pool floats in 2022 for you. Before getting into the reviews, see below a few critical considerations to make when buying a baby pool float for your baby.
Factors to consider when choosing the best baby pool float
- Size – Manufacturers of swimming equipment make baby floats in various sizes to suit babies of different ages. For each float, the manufacturer indicates the age range in which a baby should be to use the float. Checking this age range is the first step toward finding the right pool float for your child. There are some adjustable baby pool floats that ‘grow with the baby’. The design of such products is such that the float expands to match the increasing size of your baby. You might find this kind of float to be a better option if you have a fast-growing baby or are bringing up two children of slightly different ages.
- Safety: There’s probably nothing more important than the safety features of any equipment meant for use by babies. Be keen on design features such as seat straps that help to keep the baby secure on the float. Safety valves prevent leakages. Noteworthy, you should always be within arm’s reach when your little one is enjoying the waters no matter safely-designed a baby pool float might be. All-time supervision helps to prevent any unfortunate incidents should an accident happen.
- Sun protection: Enjoying the outdoors on the beach or swimming pool during the summer is an exciting experience. However, it doesn’t have to come at the expense of sunburns on your baby. The best baby floats come with a canopy that protects the baby’s face from direct sunlight. The canopy is a handy feature, so take your time to examine its quality and durability when choosing a particular baby pool float.
With knowledge on what to look for in a baby pool float, you are better able to choose the best one for your baby among the offers we have reviewed below.
Best Baby Pool Floats in 2022
10. Relaxing Baby Swimming Float Ring
Holding the tenth position in our selection is one of Relaxing Baby’s best buys – an inflatable, anti-flip, and anti-slip baby swimming tube. It is perfect for babies aged three months to 6 years. This swimming float ring is built sturdily to support children weighing up to 22kg. It has satisfactory comfort and safety features, including high-quality shoulder covers and crotch support. The air chamber is double-decked for your baby’s protection. Besides, the float ring comes with a balloon that follows it to keep your baby entertained and happy throughout her swimming time. Relaxing Baby prioritizes quality, as evident through their use of waterproof, highly-durable, and non-toxic environmental PVC materials.
- Multi-airbag design makes sure that the float ring works correctly even if one airbag breaks
- Easy to inflate and deflate
- Soft cushion prevents sliding
- Following balloon keeps the baby happy
- Innovative design that allows freedom of movement while ensuring a secure fit
- Side straps are too tight to adjust for small-bodied toddlers
- Complains about cases of float ring tipping off
9. Nicewell 2-in-1 Usage Baby Pool Float
Nicewell designed this baby pool float with more sophistication compared to its earlier versions. The most distinguishing feature of this baby swimming float is its detachable soft cushion support. Nicewell claims that the cushion supports two-in-one function – small (for 5 to 8-month old babies) and medium-size (for 12 to 16-month olds). This crotch support has a diaper-like design, which ensures that your baby sits safety on the float and does not slip out into the water.
All the materials used to design this baby float meet international safety standards for toys. Additionally, the baby float’s dual air chambers enhance stability on the water. It is a perfect swimming aid for indoor bathtubs, an outdoor pool, or the beach.
- Safe and non-toxic PVC material
- Secure dual air chambers
- Comfortable backrest to support better posture for the baby
- Convenient carrying bag for easy storage and transport
- Has three small built-in ringing balls that stimulate baby’s activity
- The airbags are a bit hard to inflate
- Unpleasant smells when the baby float is new
8. Preself Upgraded Non-Inflatable Baby Float
Preself has chosen to go the unconventional way with a non-inflatable baby float ring. The most significant advantage of this type is that it is safer and more durable than most inflatable baby floats. The baby float features Preself’s newest lock system. This system supports two swim ways: that is, the breaststroke buckle method (for 3 to 24-month olds) and backstroke buckle method (for 3 to 12-month olds). These safety buckles have five support points, which maintain the baby well balanced to avoid flipping or falling. More to this, the float has a removable canopy that’s coated with UPF 50+ sunscreen to protect the baby’s skin from direct sun.
- Non-adjustable Velcro harness secures the inner part of the baby float
- More durable and easier to use than inflatable versions
- Canopy blocks most of the sun
- Float stays well-balanced on water
- Snaps on the canopy do not last long
- It is a struggle for one person to get a baby on the pool float
7. XYX Baby Swim Float for Kids 3 Months to 3 Years Old
The XYX baby swim float is a unique swimming aid for kids. Despite its simplistic design, this swim float will impress you with its comfort features. Specifically, XYX has made the safety seat and backrest to provide maximum comfort and reduce fatigue when your baby sits there for long. Another captivating design feature of this baby pool float is the awesome rotating steering wheel with a humming horn in the middle. These two additions keep the baby interested as she thinks she is driving a boat.
- Premium quality PVC material
- Easily inflatable and portable
- Best value for the price
- Very comfortable for your baby
- Comes with most loved children’s toys
- Steering wheel detaches easily
- Too large for babies less than 17 pounds heavy
6. Preself Baby Solid Float Ring
Do you have a lovely four-month baby?
Are you wondering where you can get a safe, solid swim float ring for your baby’s aquatics?
Look no further than this second generation Preself baby float. It features soft fabric, baby skin protection, and a newer and safer security lock system. Rest assured of a baby float with firm protection and convenient operation. Preself insists that it has made this baby float not only as a water toy but also as a reliable swimming trainer for your baby. Its security aspects are focused on three main functions: avoiding fall-off, keeping the baby balanced on water, and offering 5-point support for the baby in addition to crotch support.
- All straps are adjustable and non-slip
- Safe, comfortable fit for babies in the recommended age bracket
- Soft and odorless material
- All edges overlock to prevent injuries due to hard and sharp edges
- Upgraded security system
- The baby swim float retains water
- Higher price than the majority of baby floats we have reviewed
5. Flyboo Swimming Toddler Floaties for Kids Aged 6-36 Months
Do you or your child love cutely-designed animal toys?
This shark-themed pool float will amaze you. Your baby will be all laughs when interacting with the shark’s mouth, while some inbuilt bells make exciting sounds. You cannot wait to catch these happy moments, whether it is on your summer holidays or regular indoor pool fun with your little bundle of joy. The baby pool float’s smooth lines and bright colors promise you and your baby nothing less than a pleasant and memorable swimming time. The adjustable canopy attaches and detaches easily. The canopy does a great job of shielding your toddler from harmful UV rays. Besides, the safety features of this swim float are unparalleled.
- High-density, non-leak PVC
- Lots of fun features for your baby
- Cute appearance
- Highly-effective adjustable canopy
- Safety valves for enhanced security
- Canopy flops around
- Some users found the baby float bulky
4. Peradix Inflatable Baby Pool Float with Whale Theme
Here’s another attractively-designed baby pool float for kids weighing up to 35lbs. First, you’ll love this inflatable baby swim float, for it’s designed with exceptionally durable PVC material. Secondly, the funny whale head will tickle your baby any time she is on the water, keeping her happy and excited as you watch in awe. An adorable spinning steering wheel with a cute horn at the center adds onto the fun features of the baby pool. Thirdly, Peradix packs the product with free gifts for you and your baby. You’ll find a repair patch for you plus a sunhat and sand play molds for your little one.
- Thick eco-friendly PVC material that lasts for years
- Adjustable canopy
- Perfect size for the seaside
- Handles allow you to attach playing items
- Many exciting features for the baby’s enjoyment
- The package comes with a beautiful baby sun hat and other gifts
- Canopy does not stay upright
- Blowing up the baby float by mouth is not easy
3. CHGeek Shark-Shaped Infant Baby Pool Float for Kids Aged 9-36 Months
If the shark-shaped Flyboo baby float failed to fulfill some of your preferences, check out this CHGeek infant pool float. First, note that it suits kids from 9 months to 3 years of age. Your bay will love watching the shark’s mouth, as well as the little bells, ringing inside. She will enjoy all this fun under a canopy that prevents the sun from hitting her soft skin. You have nothing to worry about the safety of your infant as this baby float is designed with skin-friendly, odorless fabric. Also, it has high-standard security features such as and two safety handgrips and a top-grade safety valve that prevents air leakage.
- Exercise items as gifts
- Easy to fold and carry
- Cool shark shape
- Assuring safety features
- Hard to inflate
- Seating area not very comfortable for infants
2. SwimWays Baby Spring Float
It’s evident that parents love animal-themed baby pool floats, and SwimWays has done everything to provide customers with what they need. The company has made this adorable octopus-shaped float to give parents and their babies an excellent time during their very first swimming experiences. One of its most striking advantages over other baby float rings is its interactive features. Your baby has a variety of toys to play with, including a soft-touch star, rattle, stacking rings, and a squeaker.
Safety features include child safety valves, a patented innerspring, and dual air chambers. All of these features work together to keep the baby float stable on the water. Also, the float has a removable canopy that ensures UPF 50+ sun protection
- Interactive octopus head keeps the child entertained and interested
- Easily foldable and portable design
- Removable canopy allows for flexibility of use
- Baby float is very stable due to the innerspring
- Soft, comfortable mesh seat
- The toys fly off everywhere
- Canopy loses shape after multiple foldings
1. SwimWays Baby Spring Float Sun Canopy – Green Fish
SwimWays is a leading brand with a reputation for making safe, durable, and comfortable baby pool floats. It is no wonder that many parents love this top-ranking SwimWays baby spring float. The baby float wins with its incredibly comfortable soft mesh seat with nicely-done leg holes that allow your baby to kick comfortably under water. Also, the float features high-grade safety features and a removable canopy that offers UPF 50+ UV protection. The innerspring around the float’s outside edge enhances the stability of the baby float. Besides, innerspring technology allows for easy twisting and folding when you want to fold and store the baby’s swimming aid.
- Soft, cooling mesh seat for the baby’s comfort
- The canopy is easy to attach and remove
- Safe and secure dual air chambers
- Leg holes allow for the ultimate flexibility for the baby’s legs
- Lots of room for the baby to lean forth and backward
- The canopy is too small to cover the baby’s hands and head
Give your baby the best first experiences in the water. A properly-chosen baby pool float will keep the baby safe and comfortable. It will also allow for free movement so that he can learn how to swim fast. The baby pool floats we have reviewed above are from the best performing brands. You can rest assured of satisfactory performance when you choose the one that fits your child.