When it comes to keeping a computer working properly, it is important to have the best airflow fan. Similar to a laptop cooling fan, these fans play an important role because they prevent computers from overheating. If a computer cannot dissipate heat, it will start to rise in temperature, potentially endangering valuable hardware inside. This concept is similar to an air circulator fan or a whole room fan used to cool down a warm room. This is what makes an airflow fan a critical piece of equipment. We have compiled a list of the best airflow fan reviews and ratings to help you choose the best one for your needs.
The 5 Top Airflow Fans
When someone is looking to upgrade the fans on their computer to try to increase the amount of airflow, there are many types of fans to choose from. Good airflow is always necessary, whether you’re thinking about attic exhaust fans, RV vent fans, or even range hoods for your kitchen. However, computers need a very specific type of ventilation fan—you can’t just use any old fan and expect it to work. Therefore, it is always a good idea to try out a few different airflow fans to find the right one; however, this can be time-consuming. For this reason, we have saved our readers the time and have written some helpful reviews. Read on to discover the best airflow fans on the market today.
|Editor’s Picks||Brand||Rating *|
|Best Choice||Corsair Air Series AF120 LED Quiet Edition High Airflow Fan||♥♥♥♥♥|
|Premium Pick||Corsair Dominator Platinum Airflow RGB LED Memory Cooling Fan||♥♥♥♥♥|
|Best Value||CONISY Super Silent Computer LED High Airflow Cooler Fans||♥♥♥♡♡|
|Runner Up||Corsair Vengeance Airflow Memory Cooling Fan||♥♥♥♥♡|
|Honorable Mention||upHere Wireless RGB LED Airflow Cooling Case Fan||♥♥♥♥♡|
* Ratings are determined using our specialized rating system.★ Best Choice
The Corsair Air Series AF120 LED Quiet Edition High Airflow Fan Twin Pack is the best airflow fan because it operates quietly and includes unique LED lighting.
The Corsair Air Series AF120 LED Quiet Edition High Airflow Fan Twin Pack sets itself apart on the market in several ways. First, this airflow fan combines high efficiency and low noise in a unique way, allowing users to stay focused while the airflow fans do all the work. Next, these fans also have striking LED lighting, adding to the glamor of these outstanding fans. Furthermore, engineers have designed these fans to handle large volume cooling. This means they can handle a high workload as they keep the motherboard cool. Finally, these fans are also durable and versatile, working well in a variety of conditions.
- Extremely powerful and will cool efficiently under a variety of conditions
- LED lighting is a unique touch
- Do not make a lot of noise
- Keep in mind these fans do need 3cm of clearance to function properly
♛ Premium Pick
The Corsair Dominator Platinum Airflow RGB LED Memory Cooling Fan is the best airflow fan because its colors and speed can be customized, plus it will fit on most motherboards.
The added features and functions of the Corsair Dominator Platinum Airflow RGB LED Memory Cooling Fan sets it apart from the other options on the list. First and foremost, this system can be personalized right down to the color of the LEDs of the RGB fans, adding a layer of uniqueness to the fans. Next, the speed of the fans can even be personalized, according to the user’s preferences. Furthermore, this airflow fan is easy to install and will fit on most motherboards, adding to the versatility of this option. Because the design of the Corsair Dominator Platinum Airflow RGB LED Memory Cooling Fan goes above and beyond, it is our premium airflow fan selection.
- Colors can be personalized to meet the needs of the user
- Tailored speed options
- Design will fit on most motherboards
- In order to control the fan speed, there is added software required called Corsair Link
$ Best Value
CONISY Super Silent Computer LED High Airflow Cooler Fans are the best airflow fans because they are user friendly and quiet during operation.
Those looking for a value bargain will want to give the CONISY Super Silent Computer LED High Airflow Cooler Fans a look. First, this high-performance fan has a user-friendly interface. In addition, the fans are quiet, using lubricated press bearings that will reduce the amount of noise. Finally, they also have a bright LED design.
- Distractions are minimized thanks to its quiet design
- User-friendly and easy to install
- Some people might find the LED lights too bright
♥ Top Pick
The Corsair Vengeance Airflow Memory Cooling Fan is the best airflow fan because it is effective yet quiet, plus it is easy to install.
The first feature people should note about the Corsair Vengeance Airflow Memory Cooling Fan is it is an incredibly effective yet quiet fan. In addition, it is the best fan for people on a budget because it’s also easy to install. This fan will snap firmly in place and will not slip once secured. Furthermore, the housing attached to this fan is designed to channel cool air throughout the top sides of the module, drawing hot air away from the motherboard itself.
- One of the most efficient fans on the market
- Minimal amount of noise produced by this airflow fan
- Designed to minimize the force of the vibrations that travel through a computer
- Some people might find this airflow fan a bit tough to install
♥ Top Pick
The upHere Wireless RGB LED Airflow Cooling Case Fan is the best airflow fan because it performs well without much noise, is easy to install, and adds a decorative feature to any computer.
Those looking for a unique design should give the upHere Wireless RGB LED Airflow Cooling Case Fan a look! First, this is a 120mm fan that offers superior performance without an excessive amount of noise. Users will quickly find this fan is easy to install, providing added versatility. Furthermore, this fan has the potential to change colors, providing added customization. Lastly, this fan has been designed to not only cool a computer, but also decorate it as well.
- Unique shape and appearance
- Color customizability
- Quieter than most of the other options
- Some people might find these fans difficult to attach to the computer
Features to Consider for the Best Airflow Fan
Clearly, there are many features to consider when a gamer is looking for the best intake fans for their pc build. Thinking about these features ahead of time can help someone narrow down the various available options. Some features of the right airflow fan for people to think about include:
Fans Per Package
Many of these items include multiple fans in a single package. This type of value is important and will only increase the cooling capacity of the airflow fan.
These fans range in size, and some fans are larger than others. While larger fan blades generally provide more cooling power, this isn’t always the case, so only make fan size part of the consideration for the best computer case fan.
How long will they last? These airflow fans have a big job when it comes to keeping the motherboard cool. Some airflow fans will last longer than others, and nobody wants to replace these fans before they have to.
Some airflow fans generate more power than others, and their cooling performance is much more desirable than with other fans. Make sure the airflow fans can generate enough power to keep the computer cool in an efficient manner.
This includes options related to the color of the airflow fans along with the air speed of the fans themselves. Rgb lighting can be an attractive option for users who want color in their computer build’s exhaust fans.
These are only a handful of the numerous features that many of these airflow fans provide. When someone takes the time to find the right airflow fan for their computer, there are will be a number of added benefits that people will enjoy.
Benefits of Using Airflow Fans
It is important for those who use a computer to find the best case fans to meet their needs. There are a number of benefits that people will enjoy when they take the time to find the right airflow fan. Some of the benefits include:
- The best performance computer fan for a gaming pc is going to provide a tremendous amount of cooling power. This cooling is important because it will go a long way toward preserving the structural integrity of the computer.
- The right airflow fan is also going to do its job without creating a large amount of noise. If the airflow fan is too noisy, people might find it to be a bit distracting.
- People need to find an airflow fan that is durable. Some people spend their entire day next to their desk fan or dorm room fan working on their computer. This places a lot of stress on not only the motherboard of the computer, but the airflow fan as well.
These are only a few of the many benefits that people will enjoy when they find the right airflow fan to meet their needs. Of course, with any sort of fan, even a duct fan or an airflow fan, there are a few precautions that people need to consider as well.
Precautions of Using Airflow Fans
When someone is looking for an airflow fan for the computer, there are a few precautions people need to take. Some of the most important precautions include:
- Make sure the airflow fan is compatible with the computer. While many airflow fans are designed to fit almost any chassis, this cannot be said of every option. Some people might be disappointed when they invest in an airflow fan only to find it will not fit the computer.
- Think about the safety of the fan. While this might be overlooked, safety always needs to come first. Think about the spinning blades and how the fan housing is constructed. Nobody should get hurt using these fans.
- Also think about the installation process. Like computer programs, the fans will need to be installed on the chassis of the computer. Ideally, this will be a straightforward process with minimal hassle; however, this isn’t always the case.
- Be mindful of the noise level. A louder fan may be distracting while using the computer. Anti-vibration pads and fluid dynamic bearings can keep them quieter.
- These fans are purely for controlling heat. An exhaust fan for computers will keep your computer cooler when you’re gaming, but it won’t protect you from a carbon monoxide leak or get rid of odors. Make sure you have proper bathroom exhaust fans or wall-mount exhaust fans installed in your home to protect against dangerous gas leaks.
Thinking about these precautions ahead of time will help everyone find the right airflow fan for their computer.
In the end, our winner when it comes to the best airflow fan is the Corsair Air Series AF120 LED Quiet Edition High Airflow Fan Twin Pack. This option simply provides everything that someone might be looking for. These computer case fans function well under a variety of conditions. They are high-efficiency fans without requiring a lot of effort or making a lot of noise. The LED lights are a great touch for those who spend an extended amount of time working on a computer. These fans are both durable and versatile.