Also known as an air door, the best air curtain is a machine that blows a controlled stream of air to create an air seal.Unlike air scrubbers, which clean air that may already be contaminated, air curtains are used to separate different environments while making it possible for uninterrupted traffic to flow through the opening to help contain heat or air conditioning. The following air curtain reviews and ratings can help you learn more about these products and choose the best one for your needs.
The 5 Top Air Curtains
|Editor’s Picks||Brand||Rating *|
|Best Choice||Awoco 36-Inch 2-Speed 1200 CFM Commercial Indoor Air Curtain||♥♥♥♥♥|
|Premium Pick||DuraSteel Aerial Titan-1 48-Inch Commercial Indoor Air Curtain||♥♥♥♥♥|
|Best Value||Strongway 36-Inchi 1/2 HP 2 Speed Air Curtain||♥♥♥♡♡|
|Runner Up||Global Industrial 36-Inch Air Curtain with Remote Control||♥♥♥♥♡|
|Honorable Mention||MAXWELL Commercial Air Curtain with Heavy Duty Door Switch||♥♥♥♥♡|
* Ratings are determined using our specialized rating system.
With so many options available, finding the best air curtain can be a difficult task. When searching for high-quality air curtains, you need to take your time and ensure you are purchasing the best products you can find. Read on to discover our top five picks for the best air curtains available on the market today.★ Best Choice
Awoco 36-Inch 2-Speed 1200 CFM Commercial Indoor Air Curtain is the best air curtain because it has two speeds, helps to save energy, and has two magnetic switches for easy use.
Not only does the Awoco 36-Inch 2-Speed 1200 CFM Commercial Indoor Air Curtain allow you to save energy by keeping the conditioned air inside, but it can be easily maintained over time. This air curtain blocks 90% of heat/cold air, dust, smoke, flying insects, and more from entering the premises.
Additionally, this air curtain is equipped with magnetic switches, which makes it possible to use without direct contact. These switches also prevent doors from being slammed, which can prevent the door from being damaged over time. With 2 convenient speeds and a 1-year warranty that covers free parts, repairs, and exchanges, the Awoco 36-Inch 2-Speed 1200 CFM Commercial Indoor Air Curtain is our top pick for the best air curtain.
- Magnetic switches
- Two convenient speeds
- Easily blocks insects
- May require a professional to install
♛ Premium Pick
DuraSteel Aerial Titan-1 48-Inch Commercial Indoor Air Curtain is the best air curtain because it is easy to install, has multiple speed settings, and provides 5,000 hours of running time.
As our premium pick, the DuraSteel Aerial Titan-1 48-Inch Commercial Indoor Air Curtain gives you the peace of mind of knowing it will last for years on end. This air curtain can be used in both high and low modes, but because the higher speeds are noisy, the lower speeds also work efficiently for quieter areas.
Although easy to install, this air curtain comes with friendly support that will walk you through the process. Made from premium materials, this air curtain provides 5,000 consecutive hours of running time on the motor.
- Friendly support
- High and low speed settings
- Easy to install
- Includes plunger and micro switch
- Loud on higher speed
$ Best Value
Strongway 36-Inchi 1/2 HP 2 Speed Air Curtain is the best air curtain because it is made from an all-metal structure, can be mounted up to 8 feet, and is built to last when used daily.
If you are seeking a cost-effective air curtain, then the Strongway 36-Inchi 1/2 HP 2 Speed Air Curtain may be your perfect option. Not only is this air curtain easy on the wallet, but it is also durable and built to last. Made from premium materials, this high-quality air curtain is built using an all-metal structure, which prevents corrosion and other issues.
Additionally, the Strongway 36-Inchi 1/2 HP 2 Speed Air Curtain is long-lasting and can be used daily. It plugs into standards outlets, which makes it an ideal option for use in multiple settings. The fan has two convenient speeds, can be mounted up to 8 feet and is designed for regular use.
- Budget friendly
- Includes a remote control
- Two convenient speeds
- Designed for regular use
- Made from premium, anti-erosion materials
- Loud on higher speed
♥ Top Pick
Global Industrial 36-Inch Air Curtain with Remote Control is the best air curtain because it includes a remote control and control pad, is lightweight and easy to maintain, and is easy to install.
Not only does the Global Industrial 36-Inch Air Curtain with Remote Control include a built-in control pad, but it also includes a convenient remote control. Complete with a mounting plate with pre-drilled mounting holes, this air curtain is relatively easy to install, provided you follow the instructions.
Additionally, this air curtain can be mounted next to or above doors using the included hardware. Lightweight and easy to maintain, the Global Industrial 36-Inch Air Curtain with Remote Control is perfect for keeping flying pests and germs at bay and comes complete with oscillating louvers to direct airflow.
- Built-in control pad
- Includes remote control
- Mounting plate and pre-drilled mounting holes
- Lightweight and durable
- Easy to install and maintain
- Not as durable as other options
♥ Top Pick
MAXWELL Commercial Air Curtain with Heavy Duty Door Switch is the best air curtain because of its modern appearance, two speeds of operation, and usage in multiple settings.
Made using the highest technology in aerodynamics, the MAXWELL Commercial Air Curtain with Heavy Duty Door Switch is built to last. Not only does this air curtain have a modern appearance, it also features a heavy-duty switch, metal mounting plate, and stainless cover.
Additionally, this air curtain excels in keeping cold air out during the winter and cool air in during the summer. This curtain also includes two speeds of operation, which makes it possible to use on high speeds or low speeds for quieter areas. The MAXWELL Commercial Air Curtain with Heavy Duty Door Switch is ideal for multiple settings.
- Easy installation
- Two operating speeds
- Modern appearance
- May not be strong enough to be operated continuously
Features to Consider for the Best Air Curtain
When researching the best air curtain reviews, consider the following features:
- Warranties: One of the top features to look for in any type of fan product is that it offers a warranty. Because air curtains can be costly and require time and effort to install, a warranty is a great guarantee to have, as it will give you the peace of mind necessary to confidently make the purchase and invest in the maintenance efforts required over time.
- Easy installation: Although you may have to pay for an air curtain to be professionally installed, the easier it is to install yourself, the less money you will have to pay overall.
- Magnetic switch: A magnetic switch is a very handy feature to have, as they are much easier to use than mechanical switches.
- Durability: Given air curtains are expensive to purchase and install, durability allows you to rest assured you will be able to benefit from your air curtain for many years to come.
- Remote control access: Purchasing an air curtain that includes a remote control will make it much easier to use.
Benefits of Using Air Curtains
The benefits of using an air curtain are as follows:
- Pest control: One of the top benefits of using air curtains is that they are great for getting rid of and keeping flying pests at bay.
- Energy savings: No matter how energy efficient your home or building may be, it still takes a certain amount of energy to heat it during winter and keep it cool during summer. A high-quality air curtain helps by keeping untreated air outside while also keeping the treated air indoors, which makes a major impact with regard to the overall costs of energy.
- Smells and odors: No matter where you live, there are almost always unwanted smells and odors wandering their way into your residence. By purchasing the best air curtain you can find and using it with an industrial fan, a shop fan, or a drum fan, you can eliminate this issue.
- Humidity control: A high-quality air curtain is great for helping to control humidity, as it prevents humid air from entering from the outdoors, which also helps to reduce the amount of energy required to improve and treat the air indoors.
- Can be mounted: Unlike floor fans or blower fans, air curtains are mounted and can be used in multiple settings.
- Contains contaminants: Air curtains can help contain potentially harmful contaminants. In other words, germs and other potentially hazardous toxins that may be blown in from outside will be prevented from entering your home or building.
- Additional benefits: Air curtains are capable of being equipped with heaters, meaning they can provide homes and buildings with warm air while keeping colder air out.
Precautions of Using Air Curtains
As beneficial as air curtains can be, there are also some precautions to consider when using one.
- Placement: One of the most important things to beware of is the placement of the air curtain, as it must be placed in an area that allows for properly detaching the outdoor and indoor temperatures, much like how a manhole blower has to be positioned correctly to ventilate a confined space.
- Technicians required: You may need to hire a technician in order to ensure the air curtain has been properly installed, which will help make the separation of air more effortless.
- Maintenance: In order to keep up with the required maintenance, you may need to hire a professional. While there are ways in which minor issues may be fixed on your own, you will likely have to call a professional in order to fix most major issues, which can be costly.
No matter what your personal needs are, there are plenty of air curtain reviews to research and choose from. Our top pick is the Awoco 36-Inch 2-Speed 1200 CFM Commercial Indoor Air Curtain because it provides an ability to save energy and offers two convenient speeds, a non-contact magnetic switch, and more. While there is an array of options for the best air curtains, you should be mindful that you are selecting the one that is most in line with your needs.