Best overall 75 inch TV for 2022
This gorgeous 77 inches 4K OLED TV introduced in 2018 by LG is our definite top choice when it comes to an outstanding picture and performance even in dark rooms. Thanks to the self-emissive technology of the C8 TV, and the endless contrast ratio of the OLED screen, you will be able to enjoy perfectly deep blacks and black and grey uniformity.
The motion handling is unsurpassed, and offers a near to instantaneous response time, which means that any type of sports, action movies, and fast action can be enjoyed without any blur and with a crisp picture at all times.
The low input lag is something that gamers and PC users will enjoy immensely.
The fact is that this beautifully designed TV with superb picture quality and performance will make most people happy, no matter what kind of content they use to watch.
The image remains accurate no matter which angle you are looking from, so if you have wide seating, this LG OLED TV is perfect for your setting.
It handles HDR content very well, and the result is a very bright picture complemented with saturated highlights. The TV has a wide color gamut, and it comes with satisfactory pre-set calibrations which will be of the liking of most viewers.
The LG C8 OLED is also available in smaller versions – 55 and 65 inches.
The TV has a stable and wide stand which is designed to redirect the sound to every part of the room. Still, there is sufficient space to place a soundbar in front of the TV without blocking the view or the remote.
There are 4 HDMI inputs on the side of the TV which is perfect for those of you planning on attaching 3 or more devices to the television set, without the need of interchanging cables when switching in between the inputs.
The 0.35-inch borders look great and leave no visible gap between it and the pixels of the OLED screen.
Thanks to the OLED panel, the screen is incredibly thin, so the TV is perfect for wall mounting.
The reflection handling of the OLED C8P is superb, so you can watch your preferred content even in bright large rooms.
The TV upscales all of the older content very well, so you will be able to enjoy watching your old DVDs and other content at top quality. As for the native 4k input – the 77 inch LG C8 OLED will not disappoint!
The TV comes with a brand new optional BFI (black frame insertion) mode to reduce blur which can be turned on via the Motion Pro setting.
It does use motion interpolation to increase the frame rate of content with lower fps up to 120 frames per second, and all you need to do is to toggle the True Motion settings to User and adjust the slider to a lower frame rate.
Thanks to the new and powerful α9 processor, this year’s LG model supports 120 fps files in 1080p when you choose to play them from a USB drive.
The inputs include 4 HDMI, 3 USB, 1 digital optical out, 1 composite in, 1 Ethernet, 1 tuner, cable. The composite input can be used via the included adaptor with the C8 TV.
The inputs support pass-through ARC Dolby Digital, ARC DTS, Optical Dolby Digital, Optical DTS, HDCP, CEC, and ARC.
The sound is above average, largely due to the One Touch Sound Tuning option which automatically re-calibrates the sound to the room size.
It provides clear dialogues and a good amount of bass punch and body.
The TV runs the webOS Smart TV platform, which has a great collection of apps for streaming, playing, information and others. It has pre-installed popular apps such as Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Video and others.
The remote control has a voice control function which makes controlling the TV easier and allows for connecting it with a variety of other compatible smart devices. It also can be used as a pointer which can be controlled via a wheel in the center of the remote, and via a directional pad allowing quick access to the different options.
The menu of the interface is easy to understand and navigate, and there is a search option that will allow you to find the content or app you want in a matter of seconds.
You can install the LG TV Plus app on your mobile phone or tablet, and use it to stream music from your smartphone to the TV, and also can be used to control the cursor on the screen.
While it is on the higher end price-wise, the LG OLED77C8PUA is definitely the leading TV we tested from this year’s releases and is a superb choice for all kinds of uses – watching movies in the dark, watching TV shows in bright rooms, enjoying sports, playing video games and using it as a monitor for your PC.
So, if you want the crème-de-crème 75-77 inch TVs you should consider investing in this gem.
If you are not ready to pay for the high-end LG C8, we suggest that you go for the Samsung QN75Q6. This 75-inch QLED 4K smart TV was released in 2018, and it happens to be one of the least expensive models from the QLED series. We picked it based on its perfect balance between its price and performance.
At the same time, it is still one of the finest 75 inches LED TVs we had the pleasure of testing this year.
Yes, it doesn’t have the impeccable blacks and the wide viewing angle of our top choice – the LG C8, but it does provide superb picture quality with deep blacks thanks to the excellent native contrast ratio. After all, the QLED lineup was specifically designed to compete with the OLED panels.
The colors on the screen of the Q6 TV are vivid and we found that this TV handles HDR content brilliantly.
We love how the Samsung Q6 offers a bright picture both in HDR and SDR, and that it has a low input lag even when interpolation is used. The TV is also excellent for watching sports, fast action and playing games thanks to the excellent motion handling it provides.
The panel has a 4K resolution and a 120Hz refresh rate, combined with great smart TV features including a voice-assistant technology and a useful content search option which will make life much easier for you when you are trying to find the movie, show or app you need.
The Q6 TV has an attractive and premium looking design, which looks great from just about any angle, and which is referred to by Samsung as the 360-degree design. This means that unlike most other TVs, you can proudly display your TV from all sides and place it in the middle of the room instead of hiding a dreary back panel which many of the other TV sets have.
It comes with easy to attach feet, which have a cable routing channel to reduce the clutter and hide away all of the cords.
The TV has 4 HDMI, 2 USB, a digital optical port, an RF connector, and Ethernet ports. You can connect the TV to your router directly via the LAN cable, or you can use the built-in Wi-Fi to connect it to your home network and to the internet.
The Q6 has an automatic device detection function which means that as soon as you plug in a device, such as a console, it will detect it and name it with the appropriate name and add it to the menu ribbon for easy access.
The TV has a 120Hz refresh rate and features quantum dot technology which makes the QLED what it is. The picture is very realistic and the colors are true to life.
It supports HDR10 and HLG and HDR10+, but unfortunately not Dolby Vision. Still, the HD content looks exceptional thanks to the edge-lit panel.
The 4K resolution is crisp and enhanced by the powerful processing and motion smoothing of this 75 inches QLED TV. You will be able to enjoy watching fast action films and sports without any blur.
It is great for HDR and 4K gaming without any adjustments needed to be made.
The Q6 has 2 40 watt speakers and an integrated subwoofer, so it produces pretty decent sound for a TV this thin and of this range.
This 75 inch TV has a new and improved smart TV interface featuring the useful Bixby voice assistant which you can use to search content or do an internet search as well as for controlling the TV functions without touching the remote control.
You can also install the SmartThings app on your phone or device to get full access to the content and the control over your Q6 TV as well.
The QN75Q6 also has a very useful and attractive Ambient Mode which switches the TV to a lower power state and displays various calming images, weather or news information or a bunch of your photos of your choice when you are not using the TV.
The TV comes with Samsung’s One Remote which can be used to control all other home entertainment devices as well, it is comfortable to hold and easy to use thanks to its design and the minimalist controls. It has a built-in mic which you can use to activate the Bixby assistant.
Overall, we are impressed by the quality, the price and the design of this versatile QLED smart TV. It is definitely one of the leading LED TVs released this year and is sold at a shockingly affordable price, so make sure that you don’t miss out on this deal.
Our budget-friendly option
If neither of our top two picks is within your budget, but you still want a good 75 inch TV, then you should take a look at the Samsung QNU7100 4K UHD TV.
It is very reasonably priced and has some of the features which only the higher-end TVs of this size offer.
The Samsung NU7100 has an incredibly low input lag which makes it perfect for gaming or for use as a PC monitor.
The optional black frame insertion (BFI) can additionally improve the motion clarity too. You can also use the motion interpolation feature of the NU7100 is you want to further increase the smoothness of the picture too.
This 75 inch 4K LED TV offers a pretty decent picture and flaunts a great native contrast ratio. It doesn’t have local dimming like the more expensive models, and its viewing angle is not as wide as our top pick, but for this price, you can’t find a better Samsung 4K UHD LED TV of this size!
The TV handles HDR content pretty well but performs best with SDR content. It is suitable for dim rooms thanks to its bright picture, and its excellent grey uniformity is great news to sports fans. For a TV in this price range, it has very good black uniformity as well, which is excellent for those of you who love watching movies.
The NU7100 handles reflections pretty well as well.
The design of the NU7100 is similar to the premium Samsung models. It has a sturdy and modern stand which allows for placing a soundbar right in front of the TV.
Of course, you can mount it on the wall with a VESA 200x200mm mount and you don’t need to worry about it sticking out because it is very thin (2.24 inches at the thickest point).
Luckily, it has cable tracks and clips for better cable management, so you can minimize the clutter of all those cords hanging out of the TV.
All inputs are on the side of the TV for easier access. These include 3 HDMI, 2 USB, 1 digital optical audio out, component in, Ethernet, and tuner or cable in.
It supports HDR10, HLG, Pass-through ARC Dolby Digital, Optical Dolby Digital, ARC, and CEC.
The TV runs Samsung’s Tizen Smart OS but lacks the Bixby voice assistant which our runner-up has. Still, the smart interface is easy to navigate and use, so you can easily access your favorite content and apps.
This budget-friendly TV from Samsung is particularly great for gaming and HDR gaming, as well as for use as a PC monitor. It does perform decently when watching movies, shows, and sports too, and we can strongly recommend to anyone who wants a 2022 model, large-sized TV at a very affordable price!
The rest of the best 75 inch TVs for 2022
If you want the best-priced 75 inch TV with great smart features, then look no further – the TCL 75C807 is an excellent 4k UHD LED TV with Roku TV smart functionality and is offered at an excellent price for the value offered.
- Roku TV provides access to more than 450,000 movies and series, and to more than 4,000 streaming channels (movies, TV shows, news, sports, kids, food, entertainment, others) which is much more than any other smart TV platform at the moment
- The size without the stand is 65.9 x 39.8 x 2.6 inches, and with it: 65.9 x 41.7 x 14.3 inches
- Combines 4K UHD clarity with the detail, color, and contrast of HDR10 and Dolby Vision HDR
- Special NBP Photon technology for increased and more realistic color coverage
- 75-inch panel with edge LED lighting for great quality of the picture and for deep blacks
- A fast 120Hz refresh rate reduces the blur during fast-motion scenes and actions
- 3 HDMI (one with ARC), 1 USB, RF, Headphone jack, composite, optical audio out and Ethernet inputs and outputs
- Built-in tuner to watch all the available over-the-air channels
- A very sleek design which is beautiful from 360-degree angles, with an added beautiful stand -one of the most stylish designs by TCL
- An excellent smartphone app which you can use for streaming content to the TV, use it as a remote, use headphones, or perform voice searches
- The remote has voice search, a headphone jack, and easy navigation
- Affordably priced
Related: Corner TV Wall Mounts – Reviews
If you want a mid-range 75 inch smart 4K LED TV, then you should go with our favorite mid-range pick for 2022 – the Sony X900F.
- Excellent deep blacks and a great performance in dark rooms
- Full-array local dimming for an overall improved viewing experience – much better than other LED TVs
- Very bright in HDR and SDR which makes it perfect for bright rooms
- Fast response time and excellent motion handling for gaming, PC use and for viewing sports
- Also comes in 49, 55, 65 and 85-inch sizes
- A powerful 4K HDR X1 Extreme processor for improved brightness and contrast
- Triluminos vibrant colors
- Great black and grey uniformity
- X-motion clarity for smooth and non-blurred on-screen action
- Compatible with Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HLG
- Compatible with Alexa and Google Home, so you can use your voice to switch channels, find content and more
- Multiple inputs and outputs: 4 HDMI, 2 USB, 1 USB 3.0, 1 composite, tuner, Ethernet
- Remote control which has voice command features
- Great contemporary design with basic cable management
- Wall mount – 300x300mm
- Semi-glossy, anti-reflective coating for viewing in all kinds of light
- Excellent upscaling of all non-HDR content
- Runs Android TV and provides access to all apps at the Google Play Store
- One of the recommended TVs for mixed-use in 2022
The Sony XBR75X850F is a great option for those of you who want a 75 inch 4K UHD from Sony but at a tolerable price.
- 75 inch 4K Ultra HD LED TV with an IPS panel
- Extra-wide viewing angle makes it suitable for large rooms and wide seating settings
- Excellent upscaling by the 4K X-Reality PRO processor of non-HDR content to 4K quality
- Triluminos display with 4K HDR bit mapping
- Low input lag for smooth gaming, PC use, and movie watching
- No flickering or blur when watching sports
- Produces a lifelike picture with natural vibrant colors, contrast and added detail
- Size of the TV only is 65 7/8 x 2 ¼ x 38 inches and with the stand is 65 7/8 x 40 5/8 x 14 5/8 inches
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa for voice control and search
- Runs Android TV and has an integrated Google Assistant for the perfect smart TV experience
- 4 HDMI, 2 USB 2, 1 USB 3.0 and 1 composite, component, tuner, digital optical audio out, analog audio out and Ethernet inputs and outputs
- Motionflow XR removes the blur from even the fastest action scenes and sports
- Also comes in a 65 and 85-inch version
- Well-constructed, with a very good looking design
- A great option for watching TV in bright rooms, gaming, as a PC monitor and as a TV for mixed usage
If you have decided to treat yourself with one of Samsung’s QLED flagship TVs, then you better get ready for the astonishing Samsung Q8F!
- Part of the flagship Q8 series from Samsung- once you see it you will “see nothing else”
- Full-Array backlight and quantum color, along with the impeccable HDR and an anti-glare screen makes viewing perfect in very bright rooms
- Stunning HDR details and more than a billion deep vibrant colors
- You will enjoy the blackest blacks and the whitest whites thanks to the Elite contrast
- The powerful processor will enhance all kinds of content to 4K quality, HDR and clarity
- The boundless, minimalistic Q style design and cable management will allow you to watch the content rather than the TV and will minimize the clutter
- Tizen Smart TV with the revolutionary Bixby voice assistant which will help you find exactly what you want to watch, to switch channels and to get answers to your questions only by using your voice
- OneRemote with which you can control all ThinQ devices
- The Ambient mode will blend perfectly in your home décor, save power and show beautiful images, news and useful information or your own photos as a picture on the wall, instead of having a black rectangle in your room
- A Universal guide will provide you with all available content from all devices and apps at one place
- With the SmartThings app you can control your TV and all connected devices via your smartphone, mirror content to and from the TV, use headphones and get reminders
- Get direct access to Netflix and Prime Video and personalize profiles for separate people’s viewing preferences
- The best-suited TV for gamers with variable FreeSync refresh rates
- 4 HDMI, 2 USB, Ethernet, optical digital audio, RF, RS-232 inputs and outputs
- Cheaper than LG’s C8 OLED and the cheapest of all of Samsung’s TVs with full-array dimming, and yet a solid alternative for those of you who don’t want an OLED TV
- Also available in 55”, 65” and 82” versions
We picked the Samsung UN75NU8000 as the top 75 inch TV for 2022 for gamers, due to its very low input lag and the capability for variable refresh rates.
- A versatile 75 inch 4k UHD LED TV with very good picture quality and with stunning HDR support and local dimming
- Great for mixed usage – watching movies in darker conditions, watching TV in bright rooms, playing games and using as a PC monitor
- Excellent motion handling when showing fast-moving actions and objects with the Motion Rate of 240
- High native contrast ratio can produce some very deep blacks
- Intuitive smart TV platform with Bixby voice assistant support and control
- Ultra Slim Array for dynamic fine-tuning of the blacks, whites, and the overall contrast
- Upscales lower quality content very well
- Great for watching sports and playing games
- Very low input lag, variable refresh rates for all kinds of content and connections, it has a native 120Hz panel but can interpolate any lower frame rate content up to 120 fps
- A unique Game Motion Plus feature which activates the optional 60Hz flicker mode
- Excellent SDR peak brightness
- Available in a wide variety of sizes: 49”, 55”, 65”, 75” and 82”
- A modern and stylish design which will look great in any room
- A VESA 200x200mm wall mount
- Very thin (0.35 inch) black bezels
- All inputs are on the side of the TV: 4 HDMI, 2 USB, 1 digital optical out, tuner and Ethernet
- 4 GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi support
- Smart, voice control enabled OneRemote
- A SmartThings app to share content from and to your TV from your smartphone, and for controlling it and all connected devices
The Sony XBR77A1E may be from last year, but it is still one of the greatest smart 4K OLED TVs in 2022 as well.
- 77 inch OLED TV with exceptional picture quality, uniform, and deep blacks and an endless array of colors, infinite contrast combined with smooth gradients which make all HDR content look impeccable
- One of the great TVs to watch movies and HDR content in dark rooms and for playing games
- Very wide viewing angle makes it suitable for wider seating and for larger premises
- The OLED panel provides the best and deepest blacks when watching a movie in a dark room
- Excellent motion capabilities of the Motionflow XR for a crisp clear picture of any fast-moving action
- An option to add flicker by changing the setting of the MotionFlow from Clearness to High, and also to interpolate the frame rate via the Smoothness slider option
- A brilliant and strikingly minimalist design with 29-inch borders and an invisible stand will not distract you from the content you are watching
- Excellent upscaling of all kinds of content including DVDs, TV, and Blu-ray
- Size: 67.9 x 39.4 x 4.4 inches without the stand, and 67.9 x 39.1 x 15.8 inches with the stand
- 4 HDMI, 2 USB 2.0, USB 3.0 and composite inputs
- Android TV with Google Assistant and access to the endless content at Google Play Store
- The A1E comes in 55”, 65” and 77” inch sizes
- The remote is easy to use and has integrated voice command support
Last but not least is this reasonably priced 4K UHD TV from LG which supports all of the major HDR (high dynamic range) formats and offers a brilliant viewing experience.
- A 77 inch super UHD TV with ThinQ and a built-in Google Assistant, which you can use to control all smart devices you have, also compatible with Alexa enabled devices
- An α7 Intelligent Processor which enhances the content to impeccable and lifelike 4K HDR
- Very accurate and realistic colors
- Local dimming which helps enhance the contrast and achieve darker blacks
- Supports all of the popular HDR formats including Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HLG
- The Nano Cell Display absorbs unneeded light and expands the color gamut
- 4 HDMI, 3 USB, 1 Composite, RF, Ethernet, 1 optical digital audio, 1 mini jack and ARC support outputs, and inputs
- WebOS smart TV with AI ThinQ for access to various apps, streaming services and for browsing the internet
- The dimensions are 66.2 x 38.3 x 2.6 inches without the stand and 6.2 x 41.1 x 13.8 inches with it
- Elegant slim design with a thin frame
- Bluetooth, LAN and Wi-Fi connectivity to connect devices and access your home network and the Internet
- Dolby Atmos sound support.